HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Swift Supports the Yotes

Old
05-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Some how I doubt that. I think the word you are looking for there is performing.
Nope, she writes all her own stuff and she started writing before she hit it big performing.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 12:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Not that the song I linked was an example particularly good song writing, but I'm still not buying it. I think alot of these bubble gum factory kids get credit for "writing" songs because they throw out ideas when in the room with the guy who actually gets paid to write this crap. Sort of like all of these celebrity "auto"biographies. It's called a "collaborative writer", but we all know what it really means.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Not that the song I linked was an example particularly good song writing, but I'm still not buying it. I think alot of these bubble gum factory kids get credit for "writing" songs because they throw out ideas when in the room with the guy who actually gets paid to write this crap. Sort of like all of these celebrity "auto"biographies. It's called a "collaborative writer", but we all know what it really means.
I mean, believe whatever you'd like, but the fact is she had a job as a songwriter at age 15, lol.

I know it sounds cliche, but she's pretty much the exception to the "bubblegum" stereotype. She seems like one of those nerdy, artsy kids in High School who happened to be really good at what she does.

Like I said, not a huge fan of her music, but I definitely give respect for writing all her own stuff (which is part of the reason she was one of the most profitable performers in country music last year).

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 04:46 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

sorry I'm a tad board this afternoon waiting to go do some day drinkin.

ran across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq2ml...eature=related

Does anyone else see the irony of Taylor Swift singing "Pour some sugar on me..." with 80s band Def Leppard?

Perhaps she wasn't alive when this song came out...

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 07:11 PM
pondnorth

Maybe she could buy the Yotes and keep them in Phoenix.

pondnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Munchinator

Quote:
Oh LORD! I sure hope not. Chris Neil? That's like Cameron Diaz actually dating a real life Shrek. I'm pretty sure that Mike Fisher(who is quite good looking unlike his hideous ogre of teammate Neil) is dating one of these pop-country, starlet, celebreality game show idols, or whatever they are. Jordin Tootoo is as well. I think some of the other guys in Nashville are involved with some more of those girls(where do they come from, are they all American Idols, or something?).

EDIT: I actually doubt Swift is the one Fisher is dating. He's got to be thirty and she can't be more than nineteen or twenty. That's a little gross. Even for Canada. Even for Tennesee. I mean, where is he going to take her? Some nice French resturant in Ottawa and order her a Shirley Temple? Then they hit a quick PG-13 thirteen movie before going to the alcohol free club? Ew.

If she was nineteen or twenty, she could drink in Canada. Regardless, Fisher is dating Carrie Underwood ( yes, American Idol as you called). She's three years younger than him, which isn't that bad. (I think he recently turned 29 and she's 26 or something).

Apparently Taylor Swift is dating Joe Jonas () and not Chris Neil. I'm not sure which is worse.

Munchinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Taylor Swift might be the furthest thing from a bubble gum factory kid out of any young artist out there. I know they repackage a lot of her hit songs to make them mainstream, but the originals are 100% country. And yes she writes her own stuff.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote