HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Live chat at noon with DC

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2009, 10:36 AM
BRichards19

vCash: 500
Live chat at noon with DC

Damian Cristodero's taking part in another one of his live chats with the fans in about 30 minutes. They usually provide tons of great inside info and concise answers to some of the gigantic questions from this mess.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/....html#comments

Old
06-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Untamable

Here are some of his insights from the chat:

Quote:
I believe if Hedman is not available the Lightning, after probably listening to 15 minutes of trade offers, takes John Tavares.
Quote:
I do not believe Vinny will be traded. I think it would send the wrong mesage to players and agents around the league if a player, who was given a huge contract and guarantees he would not be traded, is dealt just days before his no-move clause kicks in. Also, Lecavalier said today that he had not heard anything from the club. Tampa Bay apparently has promised if Vinny were to be dealt they would talk to him first.

Last edited by Hockeyfan02: 06-24-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: copyright...
Old
06-24-2009, 11:16 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I'm watching now, didn't realize the time.

Old
06-24-2009, 01:50 PM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamable View Post
and just for laughs:

Ramen

Old
06-24-2009, 04:31 PM
garmonbozia

Nice Q&A, hit on many of the big questions including some of the lesser 'big news' ones.

Although secondary scoring would take a hit it might not be able to absorb, clearing 6.5 via Prospal and Vrbata gone would be a godsend for addressing other issues while maintaining a cap number around the potential midpoint. That said I don't think anybody bites on Prospal and we're doomed to suffer a season (or two) of Vrbata.

Sad to see so little creativity as far as answers around the Defense. Eminger and Murphy being the only notable FA mentions in the chat doesn't suggest anything too different than what we saw this past year. I pretty firmly think the successes and failures of next years team revolve around upgrading the Defense as a unit (barring the big insane VL trade). Even if the changes aren't big splash they need to be big impact, we can't just roll out the same defense hoping a years maturity leads to the leap required.

Very interesting if unsubstantiated 'rumor' regarding PS&E. Would love to hear more about that angle and if there is any truth to its happening.

Now on to enduring the longest week of the year. Hold my breath for 8 more days and hope for a little more sunshine come July.

Old
06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
Nice Q&A, hit on many of the big questions including some of the lesser 'big news' ones.

Although secondary scoring would take a hit it might not be able to absorb, clearing 6.5 via Prospal and Vrbata gone would be a godsend for addressing other issues while maintaining a cap number around the potential midpoint. That said I don't think anybody bites on Prospal and we're doomed to suffer a season (or two) of Vrbata.

Sad to see so little creativity as far as answers around the Defense. Eminger and Murphy being the only notable FA mentions in the chat doesn't suggest anything too different than what we saw this past year. I pretty firmly think the successes and failures of next years team revolve around upgrading the Defense as a unit (barring the big insane VL trade). Even if the changes aren't big splash they need to be big impact, we can't just roll out the same defense hoping a years maturity leads to the leap required.

Very interesting if unsubstantiated 'rumor' regarding PS&E. Would love to hear more about that angle and if there is any truth to its happening.

Now on to enduring the longest week of the year. Hold my breath for 8 more days and hope for a little more sunshine come July.
I personally wouldn't be all that surprised if the PSE rumor is at least somewhat true.

Old
06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
I would be shocked that OK has missed multiple payments and we haven't heard anything from Canada. That leads me to believe it's typical St. Pete Times comment section trash.

06-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Hockeyfan02

Merged some posts since it was essentially copying and pasting the majority of the chat. If you want to read about other topics that DC talked about, just click on the link above.

Closed Thread