HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If Chris Drury was put on waivers, would you want him for your team?

Old
06-24-2009, 04:51 PM
TheHotRock

vCash: 500
i think drury will be a lot more attractive to some teams this time next year. i still don't know that he would waive his nmc to go to one of those teams, but now isn't the time to shop him.

to answer the OP...i think there are a couple of teams who would take the final 3 years of his deal this summer.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:58 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Probably wouldn't be the first time you knowingly overspent on something without thinking twice, would it?

I can think of numerous purchases I have made where I spent more than what I might have if I had gone somewhere else, yet didn't have a problem with it.

Ryan Malone is a brilliant example of a player who's overpaid for the services he provides, yet most Tampa fans I have had discussions with, don't mind it one bit.

What the OP continuously fails to realize is value ranges from person to person, and team to team. You ask two fans from the same team, and their opinions can be on opposite ends of the spectrum.

And last I checked, the general populations opinion regarding a certain matter, is hardly the proper way to gauge and evaluate it. We're usually way off of what really takes place.
Thinking of having a Forward crop that involves Alfie, Fisher, Drury, Spezza, Heatley (Yes I know hes gone though, but this whole thing is hypothetical anyway) along with our more bottom guys makes me drool a little bit quite frankly. Personal opinion of course, but when I think of building a team, I think of a team and crop of guys I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs. (Which is why I guess im on the Ducks dick a lot, even though I dislike them, I respect the team they have.) And when I think of guys like Alfredsson, Fisher, and Drury all on the same squad come playoff time, I personally love the idea, and in this scenerio we would pick up an extra 1.4 million for a shot at a lineup like that.

I mean obviously this all fantasy talk, but given the hypothetical option as I said before, put me on board.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:20 PM
pillow*

Rangers

Drury: $7M
Gomez: $7.4M
Redden: $6.5M
Rozsival: $5M

Total: $25.9M

Penguins

Crosby: $8.7M
Malkin: $8.7M
Gonchar: $5M
Orpik: $3.8M

Total: $26.2M

Capitals

Ovechkin: $9.5M
Semin: $4.6M
Green: $5.3M
Poti: $3.5M

Total: $22.9M

I guess I would be a bitter Rangers fan too.

Last edited by pillow*: 06-24-2009 at 05:26 PM.
pillow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:22 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

I think his contract is too high....but as a Sabre fan....

wouldn't pick him up on waivers, again would need to shed a bad contract the other way....

I would trade him straight up for Jochen Hecht, who has around a $3.5 cap hit. Again, in my opinion, Drury is the type of player the Sabres need, the center that Roy less counted on and thus better, as well as Connolly. Drury on the Sabres makes the Sabres go from 10th to 4-6th. That gives the Sabres a line of:

Vanek - Roy - Connolly

or

Vanek - Connolly - Pommiville

Regardless of the line combos, Drury fills the leadership void since he left 2 years ago. He immediately is the captain, which allows the younger guys to play without some pressure.

Sogoing to the orginal question, yes, I would like Drury on the Sabres, even if he is a little overpriced.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Rangers

Drury: $7M
Gomez: $7.4M
Redden: $6.5M
Rozsival: $5M

Total: $25.9M

Penguins

Crosby: $8.7M
Malkin: $8.7M
Gonchar: $5M
Orpik: $3.8M

Total: $26.2M

Capitals

Ovechkin: $9.5M
Semin: $4.6M
Green: $5.3M
Poti: $3.5M

Total: $22.9M

I guess I would be a bitter Rangers fan too.
What does bitterness have to do with this thread? Did you forget to think before posting?

And why did you leave Nylanders contract out of WSH's picture? Also remind me how many games it took your beloved Caps to beat our pathetic overpaid losers again?

Right.. We're real bitter..

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:01 PM
NYRCC

i really doubt drury is going to ottawa in a package for heatley but i can almost guarantee you that once heatley does get traded, the vast majority will think it was for too little in return.

that's just how it goes.

i've heard some ridiculous rumors in the last few days. drury in a package for heatley doesn't even compare to the obscurity of the wade redden to toronto for kaberle rumor that's out there.

prediction: the draft comes and goes and the rangers still have the big contracts that everyone of their fans hate.

NYRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 07:33 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
PREMISE #1 is patently false. That's like saying a Lexus has no value because I've got 13 dollars in my pocket. Yeah, it may not be worth the price tag to most people, but the fact that I don't have enough money to buy it doesn't make it worth less.

Now, if I could trade my Isuzu + my 13 dollars to get the Lexus, then it makes more sense.

So no, you have proven nothing.
Hey, I've got one!

Say you've got $25,000 in payments remaining on your 1998 Chev Cavalier.

Say I've got $22,000 in payments remaining on my 1996 Hyundai Scoupe, and $3,000 in payments remaining on a Canadian Tire bike I bought second hand.

We can trade! We've both got $25,000 of incredibly badly spent money. We could trade and not really be any worse off. You even get a cool bike in the deal!

On the other hand, I can't trade you my bike for your Cavalier. Theoretically, trading a bike for a car would be a good trade, but it's actually a terrible trade because then I'd have $47,000 of payments left on incredibly bad purchases.

Now, say Egil has $25,000 in payments remaining on his house. Egil's not going to trade his house for your Cavalier, or my Scoupe and bike. Egil would still have the same amount of cash owing after trading, but the quality of the stuff he's got is now substantially worse. He'd be living in the back seat of a 1998 Cavalier that he owes $25,000 on. He'd have to be insane to do that.

In summary, Dany Heatley and Chris Drury might cost roughly the same amount of money, but it would be a terrible trade for the Senators.

However, if we update the analogy to reflect the fact that Egil's house has been set on fire by an arsonist...

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote