HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Last pre-season game -Ice Cats @ River Rats 10/9

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2004, 11:24 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Last pre-season game -Ice Cats @ River Rats 10/9

http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...?gameid=141015

Very strange game, and hard to re-cap.

Tickets were $5, and the place was packed. Unfortunately, due to horrific ice conditions, the teams decided to stop the official part of the game after the first period, and the Rats technically lost 2-0.
However, they came back to play an unofficial 30 minute running-time scrimmage followed by a practice shootout. The highlights of the scrimmage were a powerplay goal by Aaron Voros and a ferocious fight between Cam Janssen and David Kaczowka. At the very end, the Ice Cats added an empty-netter, so unofficially Worcester won 3-1.

Surprisingly, Kenny Magowan played even though he was already cut from the roster.

No captain yet, Pihlman and Pikkarainen wore the A's.

Lines (from memory..but I think it's mostly correct):
Voros-Khomutov-Suglobov
Pihlman-Parise-Pikkarainen
Magowan-Murphy-Janssen
Clouthier-Cole-Skrlac (wtf?)
Kesa-DeMarchi
Schultz-Redlihs
Spencer-Hale
Clemmensen

Practice shootout lineups (from memory..)
Ice Cats:
Hemingway
Shkotov (scored)
Wideman
Glumac
Sejna (scored)

River Rats:
Parise
Suglobov
Voros
Pihlman
Khomutov

Even though Ftorek has said he thinks the fans in Albany will love Parise, I think it's Cam Janssen they'll really love. The guy is 5'11, but hits and fights like he's 6'5. Very entertaining.
As for Parise--his line with Pihlman and Pikkarainen was flying for most of the first period, and created some good opportunities. He was good on faceoffs--far better than Khomutov. He didn't play very much during the scrimmage.

Last edited by ratsgirl: 10-10-2004 at 12:58 AM.
Old
10-09-2004, 11:46 PM
degroat*

That's for the post, ratsgirl. Something was obviously fishy on the boxscore so I was hoping someone here had posted what the deal was.

Old
10-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Niedermayer21

Thanks a lot, ratsgirl. BTW, does Cam Janssen have any skill? Is he comparable to Tie Domi in anyway? Small and tough as nails is okay by me. Tie has some skills, but basically he is a jerk who should take a ride with Dany Heatley.

I know that is low, for I like Heatley and feel horrible about the accident and the death of Dan Snyder, who scored a beautiful goal against the Devils a few years ago. I don't want Tie to die, just want to scare him a bit.

BTW, ratsgirl, what do you think the opening night line combos and defense pairings will look like?

Thanks.

Old
10-10-2004, 11:54 AM
devilrule

cam janssen

did cam janssen win the fight in the last game --could you elaborate on it--i think people in albany are gona love this guy. thanks

Old
10-10-2004, 01:57 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilrule
did cam janssen win the fight in the last game --could you elaborate on it--i think people in albany are gona love this guy. thanks
I'm sure they'll love him.

Edit: I do a horrible job of recaps.

Overall it was a close fight, I honestly couldn't call a clear winner.

I hope Janssen will be in the opening night lineup against Binghamton since there's always the possibility he could square off against Danny Bois.

Last edited by ratsgirl: 10-13-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old
10-10-2004, 01:57 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
Thanks a lot,ratsgirl. BTW, does Cam Janssen have any skill? Is he comparable to Tie Domi in anyway? Small and tough as nails is okay by me. Tie has some skills, but basically he is a jerk who should take a ride with Dany Heatley.

I know that is low, for I like Heatley and feel horrible about the accident and the death of Dan Snyder, who scored a beautiful goal against the Devils a few years ago. I don't want Tie to die, just want to scare him a bit.

BTW, ratsgirl, what do you think the opening night line combos and defense pairings will look like?

Thanks.
I dunno, Janssen looked like he was mostly heart and not much skill, but the ice was more like soup, so it's not really fair to write someone off based on those conditions.

I have absolutely no idea what the opening lines will look like.
I just hope it's a good game--and I think it has the right ingredients to be a classic.

Old
10-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
I dunno, Janssen looked like he was mostly heart and not much skill, but the ice was more like soup, so it's not really fair to write someone off based on those conditions.

I have absolutely no idea what the opening lines will look like.
I just hope it's a good game--and I think it has the right ingredients to be a classic.
I don't think Janssen has a shot at making the NHL, but you never know.

Old
10-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Hey ratsgirl, I noticed that Foster was missing from the lineup for the second consective game, please don't tell me he's hurt again?

10-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Hey ratsgirl, I noticed that Foster was missing from the lineup for the second consective game, please don't tell me he's hurt again?

If he is I give up.

Old
10-10-2004, 02:15 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I forgot to ask.

He was at the rink with everyone else not playing.

Old
10-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
I forgot to ask.

He was at the rink with everyone else not playing.
Oh boy.
Look, Adrian Foster has skill. Lots of it. His talent practically oozes out of his ears. He's a physical player who's solid on both sides of the puck. But unless he gets healthy he's just taking a roster spot away from players like Kenny Magowan. He must, must, must find a way to get healthy and stay that way otherwise I'm just going to give up on him. I still have high hopes for him but they all rest on his ability to get and stay healthy.

Old
10-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Janssen is terrible, atleast from what I remember during his days in the O.......Im actually disheartened that NJ has wasted their time with this guy.

Old
10-10-2004, 06:36 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise = The Future
Don't think Domi. Think pure goon with few if any hockey skills or instincts. Voros is your guy if you are looking for a player that can actually play and be pretty nasty at the same time.
Domi wasn't much of a player when he first came in, nor was Brashear. Guys like that fight their way in, then take advantage of the ice time their fists get them to improve.

Old
10-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Domi wasn't much of a player when he first came in, nor was Brashear. Guys like that fight their way in, then take advantage of the ice time their fists get them to improve.
Ti's a valid point.

Old
10-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Niedermayer21

Thanks for all of your impressions. I hope some Rats games will be on TV.

BTW, can someone post a link to the radio broadcasts of Albany? I remember listening to some games over the Internet a few years ago.

Much thanks!!!

Old
10-12-2004, 03:11 PM
OFSY34

I think your all being to hard on Janssen. He delivered and withstood some huge hits on Saturday, and much to my surprise wasn't as one dimensional as everyone on here makes him out to be. His skating isn't bad and he works for the puck where other guys don't, thus creating some otherwise lost chances. Give him a few years before you write him off, he's a real spark plug in my opinion.

As for Foster he was out of the line up due to injury, imo he's a *****. Every little thing seems to bother him. If your going to write anyone off Fosters shown over several seasons now he's a candidate. Magowan was cut but they needed him to play against Worcester because of guys like Foster.

Finally knowone on here seems to have mentioned the Suglobov, Voros, Khomutov line which is ludicrise because if you were at that game they clearly ran the show. Suggy looks awsome, and Voros played extremely well scoring the only goal, they look to be playing together more this year, better communication between the two. Khomutov still looks slightly hesitant but the skills are definetly there. This is my line to bring it this year if they keep playing together = 2 Russians and a Hungarian.

Old
10-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Defence first

vCash:
As for Foster he was out of the line up due to injury, imo he's a *****. Every little thing seems to bother him. If your going to write anyone off Fosters shown over several seasons now he's a candidate. Magowan was cut but they needed him to play against Worcester because of guys like Foster.

What is he hurt from? does anyone know?

Old
10-13-2004, 08:33 AM
OFSY34

Shoulder....again.

Old
10-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFSY34
Shoulder....again.
Thanks for the info. I know you must be feeling sick with Foster right now but he would be a good centerman for Voros. They were flying together in one game.

Old
10-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFSY34
Shoulder....again.

Old
10-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Hellsempire

So the Rats finished 2-4 in the pre-season... Not too good but it is pre-season...

Hey ratsgirl, I know Parise's number he wore in pre-season was #51. Do you happen to know what number he will be wearing this Friday when the Rats season opens? I heard either #11 or #17... I have been emailing the Rats and a woman named Darcy said they are not sure as of yet because I want to order the third jersey of the Rats which is the black jersey which I think looks pretty cool... I want to order Parise but do not know the number he will be wearing when the season begins... If you know or hear what number he will be wearing, please let me know asap...

Thanks ratsgirl...

BTW, I will let you know if I get an email back from Darcy and the Rats...

Old
10-13-2004, 03:49 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsempire
Hey ratsgirl, I know Parise's number he wore in pre-season was #51. Do you happen to know what number he will be wearing this Friday when the Rats season opens? I heard either #11 or #17... I have been emailing the Rats and a woman named Darcy said they are not sure as of yet because I want to order the third jersey of the Rats which is the black jersey which I think looks pretty cool... I want to order Parise but do not know the number he will be wearing when the season begins... If you know or hear what number he will be wearing, please let me know asap...
BTW, I will let you know if I get an email back from Darcy and the Rats...
I don't know. Maybe someone else has heard?

Good choice of jersey, though! The third jersey is very nice.

Old
10-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:

Yeah I am looking forward to getting the Parise black jersey as soon as his number is released... I am hoping he will be #17 and that is hopefully his number when he plays for the Devils... In the next day or so I will know what number he will be wearing. I was going to get Adrian Foster #47 but he just cannot stay healthy... I will be catching a few River Rats games this season since there is a lockout in the NHL...

Old
10-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:

Ratsgirl, the new number lineup came out for the rats this morning and Zach Parise is #11 and Adrian Foster is #8... Rob Skrlac changed his number from #32 to #29 now... Here is the rest of the new number lineup for the Rats...

http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...3&seasonid=555

OFFENSE
No Name Pos DOB Height Weight Shoots

8 Adrian Foster C 01/15/82 6' 0" 205 lbs L
11 Zach Parise C 07/28/84 5' 11" 185 lbs L
29 Rob Skrlac LW 06/10/76 6' 5" 245 lbs L

Last edited by ratsgirl: 10-14-2004 at 01:11 PM. Reason: *sigh* the rats homepage is never accurate.
Closed Thread