HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/Tor idea

Old
06-24-2009, 10:02 PM
IBLeaf*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaters not lazt View Post
No. Not even a 2nd... The talent level from 6-14 or so is not that different. Not enough to move an early 2nd rounder just to move up 3 spots.
Then I guess EDM will not be moving up.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Then I guess EDM will not be moving up.
Ok...? Considering the drop in talent level from 7-10 is very minimal, if any at all, I doubt the Oilers care.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Ok...? Considering the drop in talent level from 7-10 is very minimal, if any at all, I doubt the Oilers care.
I care!

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Are you trying to sell Schremp to us? I'm glad 4 games of good play gets you some value in a trade.
No, im trying to tell you he isn't bad..

And on the leafs, he'd be alot better.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
No. Not even a 2nd... The talent level from 6-14 or so is not that different. Not enough to move an early 2nd rounder just to move up 3 spots.
I'll have to disagree with you on this one. There is a fairly significant difference in talent and potential between the prospects that will be available at 6 and 14. At 6, you have the chance of getting Brayden Schenn, Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson, and Jared Cowen. At 14 you are likely to get a player such as Ryan Ellis, David Rundblad, Simon Depres, or Zack Kassian. There's a pretty large gap there in terms of current talent and potential. Maybe, in your personal opinion, you wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick to move up 3 spots, but it's been made pretty clear that that is what will be required to move up 3 spots. Last year the Maple Leafs traded the Islanders their 2nd and 3rd round picks in a package with their first rounder to move up 2 spots. The Predators made a similar deal with the Islanders to move up 2 spots as well. It also seems that there is an elite 3 (that will go in no specific order) that consists of John Tavares, Victor Hedman, and Matt Duchene. After these 3, many believe Evander Kane will go to Atlanta with the 4th pick. Then Schenn, Paajarvi-Svensson, and Cowen will round out the top 7. Picking tenth overall, you will be likely to land Nazem Kadri, Jordan Schroeder, or Scott Glennie. Although it is not overwhelming significant, there is a clear drop-off in talent and potential between these 3 prospects and Schenn, Paajarvi-Svensson, and Cowen. The difference between the 10th pick and the 7th pick is at least a second. It is also very conceivable to assume it would be a 2nd rounder plus a mediocre prospect or a 3rd rounder.

That being said, If Paajarvi is gone at 7, and the Leafs are in line to select Cowen, than i think Burke would consider trading down, and there is a small chance he would accept the OP's offer. I'm not sure how high the Leafs are on Cowen, maybe he's an ideal pick for them at 7.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:23 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
Burke has said he would move down in the draft, so here is what I was thinking.

To Toronto: 10th overall, 40th overall and Rob Schremp

to Edmonton 7th overall
I wouldn't mind this deal, but I don't think Schremp is a Brian Burke type player.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:59 AM
OilerzFRLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I wouldn't mind this deal, but I don't think Schremp is a Brian Burke type player.
thadd im not sure schremp is any general managers wet dream...

hes worth nothing. all he has been sicne he came here is a distraction for us so why would any other team want him? yes theres some potential but not nearly enough for it to be worth much..

OilerzFRLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 04:07 AM
Chea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
No, im trying to tell you he isn't bad..

And on the leafs, he'd be alot better.
Not really interested in taking on another project/gamble. We've already got plenty of those with guys like Grabovski etc. If he's got questionable work ethic/character then there's zero chance Burke will be interested.

Chea* is offline   Reply With Quote