HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke: "Everyone's being unreasonable."

Old
06-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Omni Owl
Dead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Burke moving up to number 5 is not a guarantee for Schenn...must move to 4.
I hope it happens. Although I'd be happy with Kane or Schenn.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

If we end up dealing the 5th straight up for Kaberle, I will officially be an anti-Lombardi guy. That would be a terrible move for us. Toronto should be stuck with the mess they're in. I don't want us or anyone else to bail them out. F them.

Besides, Lombardi stated that they are extremely happy with their defensive corps right now so I doubt they'd have any interest. I know he said he wanted to add a veteran back there, but that can be acquired through free agency (Beauchemin please).

I really want Schenn on this team. I've wanted him since I first read about him a couple years ago and I'm gonna be PISSED if he goes to Toronto, mainly because I hate how Burke is shooting his mouth off like he's all-powerful.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
At this point there's nothing I'd like more than to see the Kings keep the pick, take Schenn and the camera immediately cut to Burke's face.
That would make my day like you can't believe.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 05:09 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
At this point there's nothing I'd like more than to see the Kings keep the pick, take Schenn and the camera immediately cut to Burke's face.
Tickets to the Kings Draft Party at ESPN Zone: Free (Thanks DeeMeck)

Two drinks at the ESPN Kings Draft Party: Free with early admission (Thanks Again DeeMeck)

The look on crybaby Bwyan Book's face when he gets shut out on moving up in the draft while the Kings land Schenn at number 5: Priceless

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 05:11 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Tickets to the Drafts party at ESPN Zone: Free (Thanks DeeMeck)

Two drinks at the ESPN Kings Draft Party: Free with early admission (Thanks Again DeeMeck)

The look on crybaby Bwyan Book's face when he gets shut out on moving up in the draft while the Kings land Schenn at number 5: Priceless
Ha, ha, ha... Bwyan Book....

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Quote:
Burke was perhaps more lucky than good in winning the Stanley Cup so fast with the Ducks. That's what a few of us will argue at least. Good deals he made magically turned into great deals, in such a fortunate and fast way that it was unanticipated by anyone, and Burke rode that wave to a Cup for the (around here) hated Ducks.

I think Burke's used up his quote-unquote "elite-GM" karma for a good long time. Now let him suffer for awhile I say.

Also I think everyone here is fed up with every Tom Dick and Harry NHL fan pestering Kings fans with proposal after proposal of a bunch of crumbs and barely-warm leftovers for the #5 overall.

Heh. I see.

Well, you guys have fun with all that, I guess.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Tickets to the Drafts party at ESPN Zone: Free (Thanks DeeMeck)

Can you start a "Schenn! Schenn! Schenn! Schenn!" chant while you are there? Then throw your beer in the air and punch the person standing next to you when the Kings make their selection regardless of who they pick.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Jwm1986

Why do i dislike this guy so much? Is it because he worked for the Ducks, or because everything that comes out of his mouth is on par with a 8 year old?

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:25 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Can you start a "Schenn! Schenn! Schenn! Schenn!" chant while you are there? Then throw your beer in the air and punch the person standing next to you when the Kings make their selection regardless of who they pick.
haha, i can totally see him doing that. but he's going to need more than 2 free drinks.

Last edited by not tellin*: 06-25-2009 at 06:38 PM.
not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:37 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
A little bit of a Kaberle update

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=654768

06-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Randart

Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
Why do i dislike this guy so much? Is it because he worked for the Ducks, or because everything that comes out of his mouth is on par with a 8 year old?

I take offense to this! My Gran Son is 8 years old and he is awesome, brave, intelligent and skilled! Now if you say Brwyan is a spoiled brat momma's boy 8 year old with a learning curve problem okay! I am with you all the way there! Its so easy not to like this clown... I really hope DL is not a buddy with this clone! Poor choices in friends is not a good reflection of your life choices and wisdom!!!

I have liked Both Schenns and my choices for this draft have been BS and MSP! As we could use another top notch Center man as well as a scoring LW they both fit the bill nicely. I don't want to trade our 5th! I never have and Kaberle is not enough for it... IMHO its to valuable to our team to get a upper teir forward.

Last edited by Randart: 06-25-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Kingjordan

Just curious why would the Kings have a draft party if they are trading the #5 overall pick? or does that even matter?

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:55 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
Just curious why would the Kings have a draft party if they are trading the #5 overall pick? or does that even matter?
Wouldn't you still want to be at a draft party if they trade the pick for some superstar player? I am so jealous you guys get to go to a draft party with a bunch of other Kings fans. Since I'm pretty sure I'm the only Kings fan in my whole town of 100,000 people, I'm going to be stuck sitting by myself drinking beers watching the draft in my basement. It sucks when you have no one to high five...

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm watching the draft by myself for that very reason.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:08 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Wouldn't you still want to be at a draft party if they trade the pick for some superstar player? I am so jealous you guys get to go to a draft party with a bunch of other Kings fans. Since I'm pretty sure I'm the only Kings fan in my whole town of 100,000 people, I'm going to be stuck sitting by myself drinking beers watching the draft in my basement. It sucks when you have no one to high five...
I am pretty sure that even if YOU were at the draft party, YOU'D still have no one to Hi-Five.

Old
06-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I know the feeling.....I lived in the Reno area for 14 years and every time I watched of the draft it was just me getting excited. Then after I left Reno and moved to Charlotte Telos (from Reno) became a member.......Damn you Telos!

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Kingjordan

Quote:
yea but what if it was a trade that we hated that was announced... that would suck

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I know the feeling.....I lived in the Reno area for 14 years and every time I watched of the draft it was just me getting excited. Then after I left Reno and moved to Charlotte Telos (from Reno) became a member.......Damn you Telos!
That is usually how it goes... Only been here for around 5 years for college, was born and raised in Lancaster, CA and boy do I miss being close to Staples... Though there are a lot of people wearing Lakers Jerseys and last night at the Atlantis I took my sister, who is visiting, to the arcade and when she went to redeem her tickets she wanted a Lakers pennant they had on display and the clerk joked with her about not wanting to help a Laker fan, but saw my LA Kings shirt and said, "The LA Kings are o.k., but not the Lakers..." which I thought was an interesting statement. But with all the Lakers interest here, there might be some LA Kings sympathizers lurking around.

Anyways, yeah, I don't think Kaberle is worth the trade unless it is a crazy overpayment to move down a couple of spots straight up and we end up with the 7th. He is 31, and better suited for a contending team looking to add a playoff piece, but not so much a good fit for a young, rebuilding team like the Kings in my opinion.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
That is usually how it goes... .
I don't think you realize the tragedy of this....I could not find one Kings fan where I lived in the Reno area the whole time I lived there.....I moved to Charlotte, NC on June 21st 2008. You joined HF in August 2008....less than 2 months after I moved.....you purposely did that so I could not have a fellow Kings fan within driving distance to watch games with.....Did you really hate me that much?

Old
06-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I don't think you realize the tragedy of this....I could not find one Kings fan where I lived in the Reno area the whole time I lived there.....I moved to Charlotte, NC on June 21st 2008. You joined HF in August 2008....less than 2 months after I moved.....you purposely did that so I could not have a fellow Kings fan within driving distance to watch games with.....Did you really hate me that much?
Well, when you lay the evidence out like that, it would certainly seem so, huh?

I would have joined HFBoards a lot sooner had registration been open instead of invite-only. But if it makes you feel better, sorry for all those years of isolation you had to endure.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Well, when you lay the evidence out like that, it would certainly seem so, huh?

I would have joined HFBoards a lot sooner had registration been open instead of invite-only. But if it makes you feel better, sorry for all those years of isolation you had to endure.
It is probably for the best....if you and I ever met in person you would not value my opinions anymore......oh wait.

Old
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I would, but then I'd need a really good lawyer, and I'll already be in jail.

P.S. and icyfur is right, I could do that, but far more than two drinks would be required. I'll save that kind of rambunctious behavior for the Kings Cup celebration in 20??

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 06-25-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old
06-25-2009, 11:18 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
They have a Top-4 defenseman at a nice 4.25mm cap hit that LA does need according to what DL said at the SOF meeting.

Of course, Burke would be crazy to package Kaberle + 7th for the 5th + mid-level prospect but he does seem to have a hard-on for Schenn. Everyone knows he has said hard-on so they aren't going to move down just for a 2nd round pick.

If the other guy LA wants is MSP then moving down to 7th could make sense. It's no surprise though that Lombardi is fixated on Schenn.
Id rather have Kubina than Kaberle

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:27 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
The best scenario would be if we traded 5 to Burke for 7 and Kaberle.....
then see Schenn go 4th. I would die laughing.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
The best scenario would be if we traded 5 to Burke for 7 and Kaberle.....
then see Schenn go 4th. I would die laughing.
Usually these deals do not go down until the draft pick in question is up....so Burke would not trade for the 5th pick until after the 4th pick is made....and as good as Kaberle is....I would not move down 2 spots just to get him.