HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lawton: "No other person is authorized to negotiate player transactions''

Old
06-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Lint07

vCash: 500
Lawton: "No other person is authorized to negotiate player transactions''

DAMN! How can a professionnal organiztion can expect to be taken seriously when you have both owners debating into Gary Bettman's office over who should have the last word on the direction to take and also the GM sending an email to all 29 GM's telling them that they have to speak with HIM in order to complete a transaction...

Well duh, NO S#IT!

Quote:
The ongoing saga surrounding the Tampa Bay Lightning took another turn on Thursday afternoon, as all NHL general managers and player agents received a short email message from general manager Brian Lawton establishing his role with the club going forward.

"Please be advised that in order to avoid any confusion over the next couple of weeks, as GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning Organization I am the only person authorized to speak on behalf of the team with regard to player transactions," the email read.

"No other person is authorized to negotiate player transactions. Any questions, feel free to call."

The statement comes just two days after Lightning co-owners Oren Koules and Len Barrie met with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman in an effort bid to resolve their differences. It was re-affirmed in the meeting that Lawton is making hockey decisions for the club and for any transactions that would require ownership approval, he is obliged to get approval from both Koules and Barrie.
Wow! Seriously this sound more and more like a little league team and I'd be pissed (and worried!) if I was a Lightning fan...

Lint07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
steelcable97

this is because lawton, barrie and koules were signing players last offseason without checking in with each other. Apparently, the meeting was because one of the three wanted to do it again this season.

I agree, it's pretty embarrassing that an announcement like this has to be made.

steelcable97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Jean Beliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint07 View Post
DAMN! How can a professionnal organiztion can expect to be taken seriously when you have both owners debating into Gary Bettman's office over who should have the last word on the direction to take and also the GM sending an email to all 29 GM's telling them that they have to speak with HIM in order to complete a transaction...

Well duh, NO S#IT!

Wow! Seriously this sound more and more like a little league team and I'd be pissed (and worried!) if I was a Lightning fan...

Vincent Lecavalier headed to Montreal ?!?

As mentioned yesterday a friend of mine who is connected to both Bob Perno and Brad Richards is saying that Vincent Lecavalier has demanded a trade from the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Word is that Lecavalier has now lost faith not only in Brian Lawton but also in the entire T-Bay ownership group.

Possible cities listed were Montreal and Los Angeles with Montreal supposedly at the top of his list.

A trade should be announced over the next few days.

Montreal has definitely been in contact with T-Bay management and the deal would be centered around Max Pac, Ryan McDonagh and draft picks.

Take it for what it's worth.

Jean Beliveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau View Post

So....like, nothing?

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:

As mentioned yesterday a friend of mine who is connected to both Bob Perno and Brad Richards is saying that Vincent Lecavalier has demanded a trade from the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Word is that Lecavalier has now lost faith not only in Brian Lawton but also in the entire T-Bay ownership group.

Possible cities listed were Montreal and Los Angeles with Montreal supposedly at the top of his list.

Montreal has definitely been in contact with T-Bay management and the deal would be centered around Max Pac, Ryan McDonagh and draft picks.

So a friend may or may not know one guy who knows Richards who knows Lecavalier who has asked to be traded and maybe Montreal is at the top and only giving up perhaps prospects and picks with no source.

Think I saw this posted in January...

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:02 PM
santiclaws

If I was Lecavalier and saw what was going on, I would definitely be demanding a trade. This organization is going nowhere but down in the immediate future.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:21 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

Judging by your name your a habs fan. So no surprise the Habs are the front runners. A friend of a friend told me that your friend misunderstood what was being said. Vinnie has demanded that he not be traded to the Habs

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
So a friend may or may not know one guy who knows Richards who knows Lecavalier who has asked to be traded and maybe Montreal is at the top and only giving up perhaps prospects and picks with no source.

Think I saw this posted in January...
Probably saw something similar posted in January of 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, etc.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Talk to the puppet, not to the hand controlling it!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

This my friends, is the offseason.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote