HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduction Thread!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2009, 08:36 PM
  #376
Jefferson Rank*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Funny you say that, half the reason for the name is Thomas Jefferson - even as a Canadian I think he was one of the great minds of the world - the Declaration of Independence is just a literary work of art.

If I had the skills I'd rock it.

Jefferson Rank* is offline  
Old
06-25-2009, 08:39 PM
  #377
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Rank View Post
Funny you say that, half the reason for the name is Thomas Jefferson - even as a Canadian I think he was one of the great minds of the world - the Declaration of Independence is just a literary work of art.

If I had the skills I'd rock it.
I'll see if I can't get our resident 'shopper to make you one.

Opus is offline  
Old
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
  #378
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Rank View Post
Funny you say that, half the reason for the name is Thomas Jefferson - even as a Canadian I think he was one of the great minds of the world - the Declaration of Independence is just a literary work of art.

If I had the skills I'd rock it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I'll see if I can't get our resident 'shopper to make you one.
Got the request! I should be able to get it to you tomorrow!

Jules801 is offline  
Old
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
  #379
Jefferson Rank*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Good stuff man, I appreciate it.

Jefferson Rank* is offline  
Old
06-25-2009, 10:36 PM
  #380
CharlieGirl
Thank you Mr. Snider
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Rank View Post
Good stuff man, I appreciate it.
You might as well learn now... Jules is the WOman!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 01:32 PM
  #381
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
You might as well learn now... Jules is the WOman!
Haha, thanks Charlie!

Jules801 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 02:14 PM
  #382
Jefferson Rank*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
OK, sorry Jules.

Jefferson Rank* is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 07:12 AM
  #383
jayintro86
Registered User
 
jayintro86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cheektowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Name: Jason (age 23)

Job: College Student

Hobbies: Bowling, Basketball, NHL09

Favorite Flyers: Richards, Briere, Giroux

Favorite Non Flyers: Vanek, Kaleta, Miller, Burrows, Toews

Favorite Music: All That Remains, Avenged Sevenfold, Billy Talent

Movies: The Departed, American History X, Ace Ventura, Pride and Glory, Miracle

Reason for rooting for Flyers: Hate for Sabres management and thier unwillingness to make the team better. Sabres lack heart, size, scoring and they just dont seem to want it enough. Ownership doesnt care so why should I?

Anyways, I decided I wanted a team that looks like they want to win a cup. Watched every Sabres game since the lockout and for what?

P.S. Richards jersey is on its way and oh yeah Crosby Sucks

jayintro86 is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 07:31 AM
  #384
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 800
Welcome to the dark side, glad to attract new fans...you picked a surely entertaining season to jump on the bandwagon.

Enjoy!

Opus is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 07:35 AM
  #385
CharlieGirl
Thank you Mr. Snider
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerSabresFan26 View Post
Favorite Non Flyers: Vanek, Kaleta, Miller, Burrows, Toews

P.S. Richards jersey is on its way and oh yeah Crosby Sucks
Welcome to the zoo! If you'd have put Roy in your list of favourite non-Flyers, we might have an issue. But ordering a Richards jersey helps your cause!

Please jump right in! We don't throw batteries (as a general rule), but we don't like the Sabres either. So you should fit in just fine!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 07:54 AM
  #386
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Name: Ian

Age: 24

Location: Mount Holly, New Jersey

Favorite Team(s): Philadelphia Flyers, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Phillies, Anaheim Ducks

Favorite Player(s): Richards, Timonen, Turco (and pretty much every exciting goalie in the league), Dustin Brown, Marchant, Ovechkin. Also, Paul Mara, Bobby Ryan, JVR (all from Jersey).

Most Hated Player(s): Mike Vick, Phil Kessel, Dany Heatley Sidney Crosby (for no god damned good reason, but screw him anyways), and Rick Nash

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Rangers (except Lundqvist), Cowgirls

NHL09 Top Line: Gagne - Richards - Briere

Team: The Burning Sensation (house league)

Position: Goalie

Flyers fan since: '96


Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 07-03-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 08:05 AM
  #387
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 800
Most Hated Player - Rick Nash???


Pourquoi?

Opus is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 08:17 AM
  #388
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Most Hated Player - Rick Nash???


Pourquoi?
No good reason, the guy just irks the **** out of me. I can't even begin to explain it. I know why I hate Sidney Crosby, and I know they're sh***y reasons, but I can't really say why I don't like Nash. I guess his comments regarding his extension recently could be a reason, but he irked me before that, and that doesn't make me like him less.

Basically I'm a jerk .

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 08:39 AM
  #389
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
No good reason, the guy just irks the **** out of me. I can't even begin to explain it. I know why I hate Sidney Crosby, and I know they're sh***y reasons, but I can't really say why I don't like Nash. I guess his comments regarding his extension recently could be a reason, but he irked me before that, and that doesn't make me like him less.

Basically I'm a jerk .
Fair enough, he's just not a guy I would expect to make many hockey fans 'most hated lists'. Plus, the fact that he's one of my favourite non-Flyers, I was just curious.

Opus is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 08:51 AM
  #390
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Fair enough, he's just not a guy I would expect to make many hockey fans 'most hated lists'. Plus, the fact that he's one of my favourite non-Flyers, I was just curious.
Yeah it's a totally irrational and unreasonable thing. Did you ever go to school with someone when you were younger, and they didn't do any one thing to piss you off, and you were pretty sure they were actually a decent person, but there was justsome unspecified superficial "it" that irked you about them?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 08:54 AM
  #391
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Yeah it's a totally irrational and unreasonable thing. Did you ever go to school with someone when you were younger, and they didn't do any one thing to piss you off, and you were pretty sure they were actually a decent person, but there was justsome unspecified superficial "it" that irked you about them?
Sounds an awful lot like an unrequited crush....

Larry44 is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 09:03 AM
  #392
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Sounds an awful lot like an unrequited crush....
Alright you got me.

I asked him to sign my boxers after a Flyers game one time and he refused. Granted I was still wearing them, but you have got to accommodate the fans. It was in that instant the man-crush went sour.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 09:16 AM
  #393
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Yeah it's a totally irrational and unreasonable thing. Did you ever go to school with someone when you were younger, and they didn't do any one thing to piss you off, and you were pretty sure they were actually a decent person, but there was justsome unspecified superficial "it" that irked you about them?
Nah, you're entitled to your feelings and opinions. You don't like the guy, you don't like the guy...it's all good. I know what you mean, and know people like that.

...just don't tell me you hate Getzlaf next, okay?

Opus is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 11:11 AM
  #394
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerSabresFan26 View Post
Name: Jason (age 23)

Job: College Student

Hobbies: Bowling, Basketball, NHL09

Favorite Flyers: Richards, Briere, Giroux

Favorite Non Flyers: Vanek, Kaleta, Miller, Burrows, Toews

Favorite Music: All That Remains, Avenged Sevenfold, Billy Talent

Movies: The Departed, American History X, Ace Ventura, Pride and Glory, Miracle

Reason for rooting for Flyers: Hate for Sabres management and thier unwillingness to make the team better. Sabres lack heart, size, scoring and they just dont seem to want it enough. Ownership doesnt care so why should I?

Anyways, I decided I wanted a team that looks like they want to win a cup. Watched every Sabres game since the lockout and for what?

P.S. Richards jersey is on its way and oh yeah Crosby Sucks
Well, you're off to a good start!! Welcome!! (and I too love American History X)

And Mush, I totally know what ya mean about just not liking someone, well...because. Not so much Nash...but I get the idea.

Jules801 is offline  
Old
07-03-2009, 02:08 PM
  #395
jayintro86
Registered User
 
jayintro86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cheektowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Thanks everybody for welcoming me to the flyers boards

Heres to having a great season and winning a

jayintro86 is offline  
Old
07-05-2009, 02:00 PM
  #396
PenguinKiller
Registered User
 
PenguinKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chester springs, pa
Country: United States
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PenguinKiller
first post!!

Name: Geoff

Age: 20

Location: chester springs, pa

Favorite Team(s): flyers, phantoms, eagles, phillies

Favorite Player(s): richards, hartnell, knuble (gonna miss him), hextall

Most Hated Player(s): crosby, malkin,

Most Hated Team(s): the former patrick division (most notably, those goddamned penguins )

NHL09 Top Line: Gagne - Richards - Briere

Team: havent played in a league in years, but play pick up games from time to time for fun

Position: anything, ill still have fun

Flyers fan since: 1996 when my dad took me to my first game

PenguinKiller is offline  
Old
07-05-2009, 04:23 PM
  #397
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 800
Welcome to HF, nice to see the fan-base growing.

Opus is offline  
Old
07-11-2009, 04:19 PM
  #398
weerrt
Registered User
 
weerrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Linköping, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
This looks a good place so I'll introduce myself too.

Name: Call me Weerrt

Age: 34

Location: Linköping, Sweden

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Linköpings HC, Aston Villa

Favorite Player(s): Pelle Lindbergh, Jeff Carter, Per-Erik Eklund, Ron Hextall, Bernie Parent, Ulf Samuelsson, Braydon Coburn, Mike Richards, Magnus Johansson, Tony Mårtensson, Mike Knuble, Simon Gagne, John LeClair..... and many more

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby

Most Hated Team(s): Pittsburgh, Boston

NHL09 Top Line:
Gagne - Carter - Briere
Timmonen - Parent

Flyers fan since: The days when Pelle Lindbergh was the star.

weerrt is offline  
Old
07-11-2009, 04:40 PM
  #399
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weerrt View Post
This looks a good place so I'll introduce myself too.

Name: Call me Weerrt

Age: 34

Location: Linköping, Sweden

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Linköpings HC, Aston Villa

Favorite Player(s): Pelle Lindbergh, Jeff Carter, Per-Erik Eklund, Ron Hextall, Bernie Parent, Ulf Samuelsson, Braydon Coburn, Mike Richards, Magnus Johansson, Tony Mårtensson, Mike Knuble, Simon Gagne, John LeClair..... and many more

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby

Most Hated Team(s): Pittsburgh, Boston

NHL09 Top Line:
Gagne - Carter - Briere
Timmonen - Parent

Flyers fan since: The days when Pelle Lindbergh was the star.
Hey ya'll, if you remember the story of me meeting up with a Flyer fan from Sweden, well this is him!! I'll keep him as "Weerrt" as he'd like...LOL. Welcome Weerrt!!!

Jules801 is offline  
Old
07-11-2009, 04:50 PM
  #400
weerrt
Registered User
 
weerrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Linköping, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
No worries about revealing my first name. Many great players have the same name as me

weerrt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.