HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Anaheim - Edmonton

Old
06-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Wow, did this turn into a Horcoff smack session in a hurry. 3rd liner? Come on. Since the lockout he's averaged .78 PPG and .26 GPG. Over an 82 game season thats 21G and 64 pts. 64 pts would have been good for 22nd best point total among Centers this year. Hell, even with the poor offensive year Horc had, he still finished tied for 35th for points by a Center. 17th in faceoffs, good defensively, strong skater, excellent conditioning.... but overpaid for what he does. IMO, as I said earlier in this thread, 4.75 is about what he should be getting paid, so he's overpaid by about .75mil per. Not a good contract no, but to call him a 3rd liner with one of the worst contracts in the game? Just makes you look dumb in your knowledge of the game (as does the Oil fan who called Jiggy a 6mil backup... though if he remains a Duck it is a little more accurate).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

To the OP

Nice work on suggesting a trade that looks like it would work for both clubs. Very, very good.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

Nice work on suggesting a trade that looks like it would work for both clubs. Very, very good.
Actually it doesn't work for both teams as most Ducks fans here have pointed out.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Actually it doesn't work for both teams as most Ducks fans here have pointed out.
Yeah, well... I still believe it does.

One albatross contract for the other, but each player has renewed usefulness on their respective new clubs. Horcoff would be a better Duck than he was a MacTavish Oiler... You can bank on that.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Paul4587

Ducks don't touch this.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Randall Graves*

It's a fair trade but Giguere will never waive his NTC for Edmonton

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Yeah, well... I still believe it does.

One albatross contract for the other, but each player has renewed usefulness on their respective new clubs. Horcoff would be a better Duck than he was a MacTavish Oiler... You can bank on that.
Two years of overpayment is now equal to six years of overpayment? Since when?

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 06:45 PM
8inblack

Send a message via AIM to 8inblack Send a message via Yahoo to 8inblack
Quote:
Nobody and that's the reason Ducks are looking for one. Just someone without horrible contract like Horcoff's.

Woah Woah calm down turbo. I would rather have another year of Ebbet (36 pts in 48 games or something close to that, at a very chear price) then Horcoff.

8inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
First of all, you really need to pay more attention.

Being the 2nd best center in Ducks doesn't mean the player is a real 2nd line center. If the 2nd best center in Ducks was good enough to be a real 2nd line center, Ducks wouldn't be looking for one..
wow, did you come up with that all by yourself?
Quote:
Secondly, having a 6M backup and a 5.5M 3rd line center are both bad situations. The difference is that you get out of Giguere's contract faster than you get out of Horcoff's.

But that's just academic speculation because Giguere is not a backup, not yet atleast.
What kind of stats are you looking at to conclude that Horcoff is a third line centre? his solid two way play? the fact that he's 36th in scoring among centres? despite the team being +2 5vs5 he was +7?
you shoot your mouth off but never back it up....
I'll take useless stats over useless opinions anyday

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
What kind of stats are you looking at to conclude that Horcoff is a third line centre? his solid two way play? the fact that he's 36th in scoring among centres? despite the team being +2 5vs5 he was +7?
LOL 36th in scoring for centres in a 30 team league when when he probably had more ice time than about 27 of those centers, more pp time than most and played with Hemsky all the time.

When people quote Horcoffs good stats those are all 1st line, more ice time than any other forward, gold plated pp time.

With all of that he puts up 2nd line scoring stats. Stick on the 2nd line without Hemsky, give him much less pp time and watch those stats tumble.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
LOL 36th in scoring for centres in a 30 team league when when he probably had more ice time than about 27 of those centers, more pp time than most and played with Hemsky all the time.

When people quote Horcoffs good stats those are all 1st line, more ice time than any other forward, gold plated pp time.

With all of that he puts up 2nd line scoring stats. Stick on the 2nd line without Hemsky, give him much less pp time and watch those stats tumble.
where did I claim that he was a true first line centre? How many other centres out there have the benefit of playing with good wingers? he also played a lot of PK. The guys a second line centre....but I must be a Horcoff lover

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:35 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Maybe calling him a 3rd line center is harsh, but I think the most important fact is one player has a bad contract on with 2 years vs 5 years left.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
where did I claim that he was a true first line centre? How many other centres out there have the benefit of playing with good wingers? he also played a lot of PK. The guys a second line centre....but I must be a Horcoff lover
Yeah he is a 2nd line center but then you can put him back down to about 40 points. And everyone and their dog when putting the oilers lines together still insists on putting with hemsky on the 1st line.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The Horcoff lovers will lambast you for that trade. Me being an Oiler fan that is not a fan of Horcoff I'd be happy to trade him, not crazy about the draft pick swaps. The thing that would not make this work for me however is the fact that I think Jiggy is well onto the downside of his career. It would be a last resort as I'd rather sign roloson for 2 more years at 4 mill than have Jiggy at 6.

Include Horcoff in a trade for a goalie? Yes but not this trade.
Wow are you clueless. Jiggy is on the downside of his career at 32 but Rolosson who you'd sign for two more years isn't at 39 and he'll be 40 in October.

Jiggy 457 gp (regular season) 210 wins 169 losses 2.49 gaa .914 sv%
52 gp (playoffs) 33 wins 17 losses 2.08 gaa .925 sv%

Rolosson 462 gp (regular season) 167 wins 198 losses 2.62 gaa .910 sv%
33 gp (playoffs) 18 wins 12 losses 2.56 gaa .915 sv%

So although being 7 years older he's played 5 more regular season games then Jiggy and less playoff games. But yeah he's clearly worth 4 million a year and Jiggy is overpaid. 32 is when goalies are around their best not on the downside. Jiggy in his worst year last year has about the same numbers as Rolosson through his career. The only brutal contract here is Horcoff's. You might be able to get Redden for him. I don't see any other contract in the NHL that could be swapped with his. Maybe Campbell but that's debatable and seeing as you don't need dmen I think your stuck. Although, you may be able to get Gomez or Drury if they waive.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:21 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Edmonton fans left in Confusion. This puts O'Sullivan and Gagner at #1 and 2 center. Makes Edmonton fans really miss Stoll.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Yeah, too complicated for you?

Quote:
Your problem is that you simply aren't paying enough attention. You keep your useless stats, I'll keep watching the games.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 12:35 AM
McRpro
5-14-6-1

Horcoff is going to be overpaid(his big contract doesn't start until next season) but saying that he's a third line center is so damn ridiculous I cant help but laugh. Seriously get a clue lol.

McRpro is online now   Reply With Quote