HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

How do I get tickets for a game in Prague?

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2004, 05:23 AM
trickster

vCash: 500
How do I get tickets for a game in Prague?

I am going to be in Prague at some point between Oct22 and Oct29. How would I get tickets to see some hockey? What sort of hockey is there to be seen?

Thanks for any input.

Old
09-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Rogalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster
I am going to be in Prague at some point between Oct22 and Oct29. How would I get tickets to see some hockey? What sort of hockey is there to be seen?

Thanks for any input.
There are two clubs in Prague - Sparta and Slavia. I´m a Slavia Prague supporter so guess about what club I´m gonna give you info about

There are three home games in plan in the time you will be here:

22.10.2004 pátek HC Slavia Praha - Vsetínská hokejová 19.00
26.10.2004 úterý HC Slavia Praha - HC Lasselsberger Plzeň 19.00
29.10.2004 pátek HC Slavia Praha - HC Moeller Pardubice 19.00

The matches are played in the 18 000 capacity Sazka Arena and the tickets cost from 170 - 490 crowns. Since the NHL did not start the czech hockey fans are happy as hell In Slavia you will see a couple of players from the NHL - Palffy and Stumpel from LA or the young center Vašíček from Carolina...
The games against Plzeň and especially Pardubice (Hejduk from Col there) should be great. Have a good time here

Old
09-19-2004, 03:17 PM
trickster

Thank you

That sounds great!

Any idea how to purchase tickets? Can this be done online? Or can I hope to get tickets if I just walk up to the boxoffice prior to the game?

Old
09-20-2004, 05:54 AM
trickster

Trickster

And any information about the other Prague team would be good too - but it looks like the one you mentioned has more talent

i think i am going to try for the game on the 26th

Old
09-20-2004, 06:03 AM
Rogalo

Quote:
And any information about the other Prague team would be good too - but it looks like the one you mentioned has more talent

i think i am going to try for the game on the 26th
Well - they played a game just yesterday - Slavia and Sparta and Slavia won 4:1 so you are right - they definately have more talent The game was good - over 10 000 people, noisy. It was fun. Im not sure about the online buying but the arena is for 18 000 people so you will be able to buy a ticket on the spot without bigger problems. Just so you know where you are heading, check out the web - www.sazkaarena.cz - it has an english version too. One more thing - when you will be getting to the arena, take the subway. It is cheap and you will get out right in front of the Arena. F+++ taxidrivers. Even though it changed to the better over the years, there is still a great deal of *******s who will rip you off when they will hear your english... Take care

Old
10-12-2004, 03:21 AM
trickster

26.10.2004 úterý HC Slavia Praha - HC Lasselsberger Plzeň 19.00

Will an English speaker be able to figure out where and when ticket sales are available at the arena?

I dont think its worth trying to buy them online unless they have a boxoffice pick up option - and then Im there already...

Also, I am looking at the sazkaarena site and I dont see a game listed on the 26th... I see the ones on 22 and 29th, but not the 26th. Is it at a different arena?

Last edited by trickster: 10-12-2004 at 03:30 AM. Reason: new information
Old
10-14-2004, 05:35 AM
Rogalo

Quote:
Will an English speaker be able to figure out where and when ticket sales are available at the arena?

I dont think its worth trying to buy them online unless they have a boxoffice pick up option - and then Im there already...

Also, I am looking at the sazkaarena site and I dont see a game listed on the 26th... I see the ones on 22 and 29th, but not the 26th. Is it at a different arena?

No need to make it complicated trickster Just go to the arena before the game and by the ticket(s)... Believe me, no surprises are waiting for you there. On the web I already gave you - http://www.sazkaarena.com/pg.php?lang=2 - you have info in english about Slavia matches. The one on the 26th also...

Old
10-15-2004, 12:08 PM
trickster

Got it

I'll be there!

(the confused looking one)

Closed Thread