HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Draft Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2009, 09:40 PM
  #876
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cassidy Must Go
Country: United States
Posts: 11,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Hell, when it comes to power forwards, you never know. The history of the NHL is rife with power forwards who have teamed up with small, skilled centers and become bona-fide 1st liners.

He's got the potential to do that.
Absolutely. I'm a big fan of the pick. A guy that plays like Lucic is going to help this team more than say a guy like Derek Roy.

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 09:55 PM
  #877
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,803
vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Where'd you get that candid of the Gerbe-Roy-Kennedy line?

Zip15 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 09:56 PM
  #878
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,803
vCash: 396
BTW, I have a feeling Josefson is going to be a star.

Zip15 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 09:57 PM
  #879
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cassidy Must Go
Country: United States
Posts: 11,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Where'd you get that candid of the Gerbe-Roy-Kennedy line?
I was out at a bar on Halloween and saw them

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 09:59 PM
  #880
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 500
Darcy says he wants to move up in the draft (2nd round) and isn't done.

We shall see.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:01 PM
  #881
Slangston
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Darcy says he wants to move up in the draft (2nd round) and isn't done.

We shall see.
Where and when did you hear this?

Slangston is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:09 PM
  #882
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston View Post
Where and when did you hear this?
Sabres Twitter.

S319R11S16 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:12 PM
  #883
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 500
22 Minutes ago.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:13 PM
  #884
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston View Post
Where and when did you hear this?

He mentioned it in an interview with Paul Hamilton on WGR as well.

joshjull is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:14 PM
  #885
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Darcy also said that they had 4 offers for the pick but he valued Kassian too much to move down. To paraphrase, Darcy said that he's the only banger with first round skill. Interview is on sabres.com.

aceface33 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:19 PM
  #886
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 21,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Darcy also said that they had 4 offers for the pick but he valued Kassian too much to move down. To paraphrase, Darcy said that he's the only banger with first round skill. Interview is on sabres.com.
Even moreso over the last couple of drafts I'm wondering how much Quinn's influence is making Regier LOOK like a bad GM.

Regier might even be the IDEAL GM for a team that's willing to both spend to the cap and develop prospects.

jflory81 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:21 PM
  #887
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 500
Darcy was talking about some players who have underperformed with big contracts who's values haven't been defined yet.

Briere?
Drury?
Gomez?
Phaneuf?
Vishnovsky?
Horcoff?

The list goes on.
Dun dun dun?

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:24 PM
  #888
BCS
Registered User
 
BCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Darcy was talking about some players who have underperformed with big contracts who's values haven't been defined yet.

Briere?
Drury?
Gomez?
Phaneuf?
Vishnovsky?
Horcoff?

The list goes on.
Dun dun dun?
Want badly (favorite Sabre ever )
Might want, depending on the circumstance
Don't want
Don't want
Might want, depending on the circumstance
Don't want

BCS is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:29 PM
  #889
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 21,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffnoceros View Post
Want badly (favorite Sabre ever )
Might want, depending on the circumstance
Don't want
Don't want
Might want, depending on the circumstance
Don't want
I agree with you on Briere being my favorite Sabre ever, but it depends on the situation with him. His salary, for this team, is still a little high - especially with the injury problems he's had over the last couple of seasons.

Visnovsky, at this point in his career, could be another Delmore......Ok. That might be a bit dramatic. But at this point in his career, and with the Sabres blue line looking the way it is, I'd rather Lydman or Tallinder at their price than Lubo at his price.

jflory81 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:36 PM
  #890
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 500
No love for Phaneuf?

I know he's somewhat of a love or hate player.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:43 PM
  #891
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cassidy Must Go
Country: United States
Posts: 11,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
No love for Phaneuf?

I know he's somewhat of a love or hate player.
I would absolutely love Phaneuf here, but I don't see it happening.

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:48 PM
  #892
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 21,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
I would absolutely love Phaneuf here, but I don't see it happening.
Yeah, it's so far out of the realm of possibility that I don't even think about it.

Phaneuf will continue to be a Flame. Mark my words.

jflory81 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:50 PM
  #893
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cassidy Must Go
Country: United States
Posts: 11,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Yeah, it's so far out of the realm of possibility that I don't even think about it.

Phaneuf will continue to be a Flame. Mark my words.
Yeah, that's how I feel. It's in the pipe dream category...

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:57 PM
  #894
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 500
The only way the Sabres get Phaneuf involves JBo to the Flames.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 10:59 PM
  #895
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 500
If I were a Boston fan, I'd be thrilled with the Caron pick. I would've been happy to see the Sabres slide back to 18-20 range and snag him. Boston gets tougher in the pipeline, and if Caron makes the NHL in a few years, with Lucic still around....damn. That's a lot of toughness from your RWers.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 11:08 PM
  #896
BCS
Registered User
 
BCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
I agree with you on Briere being my favorite Sabre ever, but it depends on the situation with him. His salary, for this team, is still a little high - especially with the injury problems he's had over the last couple of seasons.

Visnovsky, at this point in his career, could be another Delmore......Ok. That might be a bit dramatic. But at this point in his career, and with the Sabres blue line looking the way it is, I'd rather Lydman or Tallinder at their price than Lubo at his price.
I'm so blinded by Briere love that I don't even care about his salary. Not rational at all, I know, but I can't help it.

As for Visnovsky, I didn't realize he was set to make $7 million this year. Forget it.

BCS is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 11:14 PM
  #897
Tra La La
Registered User
 
Tra La La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Hopefully they can get into the 2nd round and get a center. Johansson,Tatar,or Nattinen

Tra La La is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 11:19 PM
  #898
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Hopefully they can get into the 2nd round and get a center. Johansson,Tatar,or Nattinen
Regier sounded pretty determined to make it happen.

joshjull is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 11:20 PM
  #899
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 500
Tatar is my dude if we get a 2nd.

Smallish, but has a ton of positive qualities.

I've read one too many intangible-laden scouting reports about the kid.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
06-26-2009, 11:23 PM
  #900
CaptPantalones
Registered User
 
CaptPantalones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
love the Kassian pick

if we can get into round 2, id LOVE Landon Ferraro

CaptPantalones is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.