HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN on the offensive

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2004, 05:32 PM
danboulie

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to danboulie
So when does this show air, anyhow?

Old
10-14-2004, 05:37 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
So when does this show air, anyhow?
If you mean the TSN show, it was Tuesday night, if you mean the taxidermy, I'm hoping about 2054.

Old
10-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Poppycock and balderdash. I consider that horse and buggy thinking.
I know you are, but what am I?

(Besides slow, that is...)

Old
10-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Here's a question, if TSN is doing it just for Raitings, then why isn't RDS doing the same thing? They're the same company right, so why isn't RDS putting on debates and conducting interviews? If its a rating grab why isn't RDS getting into it? RDS is every bit as much dedicated to hockey as TSN is, if not more. They were supposed to show all of the Habs' games this year. Maybe it means nothing, but maybe it shows that its not just for the ratings.

Old
10-15-2004, 05:56 AM
danboulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
If you mean the TSN show, it was Tuesday night, if you mean the taxidermy, I'm hoping about 2054.
Ok, so I missed the TSN show. I'm going to mark down the taxidermy on my calendar, though. Just to be sure I don't miss that.
By the way, when did they start televising taxidermy? Is the well of reality tv shows actually that dry?

Old
10-15-2004, 06:51 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester
Here's a question, if TSN is doing it just for Raitings, then why isn't RDS doing the same thing? They're the same company right, so why isn't RDS putting on debates and conducting interviews? If its a rating grab why isn't RDS getting into it? RDS is every bit as much dedicated to hockey as TSN is, if not more. They were supposed to show all of the Habs' games this year. Maybe it means nothing, but maybe it shows that its not just for the ratings.
Moester, things are usually done for a number of reasons. TSN is personality driven, on their hockey broadcasts and have been reasonably successful in the past year. Part of the success is the obvious passion for the game that it's hosts and analsyts share. That passion garners ratings so all interests get served. If those guys all loved lawn darts, they wouldn't get the same forum. So one reason feeds another. I don't know that their questions or the stands they take that do affect the perceived PR war will accomplish in the end. I suspect that a lot of players in the 14-22 roster spots may open their eyes at some comments, but this is a guess on my part. If these players were to have an effect, it would take a while. Why doesn't RDS do this ? Not sure. Keep in mind that TSN doesn't have the MLB playoffs like RDS does. Are the Pedneault's and co. expressing their opinions on RDS or another outlet ? After baseball,I'm sure RDS would look at their own format.Another point may be the fact that translated interviews become tiresome and I don't believe that the people they would like to question could accomadate them in French. I could be wrong on that fact, but the translation delay takes away a lot of the effectiveness.

Old
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Fugazi*

Quote:
By the way, when did they start televising taxidermy? Is the well of reality tv shows actually that dry?
Dude, get out of the 90's! Carney Wilson getting lipo-sucked on the internet has paved the way for Mcphees televised taxidermy, he's not blazing any trails.

Old
10-16-2004, 07:37 AM
danboulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi
Dude, get out of the 90's! Carney Wilson getting lipo-sucked on the internet has paved the way for Mcphees televised taxidermy, he's not blazing any trails.
Damn! I thought I could have been on to something.
We could have called it: Making the "Stuff"
They could have had the contestants starting off by stuffig Mcphee's goats, and whoever did the best job could have been deemed Mcphee's taxidermist!

Old
10-16-2004, 09:29 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Damn! I thought I could have been on to something.
We could have called it: Making the "Stuff"
They could have had the contestants starting off by stuffig Mcphee's goats, and whoever did the best job could have been deemed Mcphee's taxidermist!
I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to get one of their heads out from between 2 fence slats. I may stuff them myself this afternoon.

Closed Thread