HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marcel Hossa

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Marcel Hossa

He have 4g and 1a in 7games in Sweden. He seem to play very well so my question is: Is he playing center there? Maybe he's better at center position...

Old
10-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
He have 4g and 1a in 7games in Sweden. He seem to play very well so my question is: Is he playing center there? Maybe he's better at center position...
Huum, thats a good question...

As for his numbers, im not sure just how much of a good thing it really is, because i dont know just how comepetitive this league is compared to the ahl. One thing im sure of, and that is the fact that the physical play is less of a factor in this league. So maybe thats why Hossa is succeding-----less tight checking like the ahl.

Old
10-16-2004, 12:53 AM
J-D

The SEL may have less physical play, but the defensive side of the game is by all accounts very high.

Old
10-16-2004, 01:03 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Yeah, I'd like to know that too. I think we might be using him wrong if he is putting up those numbers at center.

Old
10-16-2004, 01:19 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
Yeah, I'd like to know that too. I think we might be using him wrong if he is putting up those numbers at center.
He's not used wrong at all. He looked incredible on Koivu's wing and on the PP. I'm not for giving a guy a spot without earning it 100% at the camp, but in his case the problem is clear. He has confidence issues. They should try to give him a top 2 line spot starting at the begining of the camp. Each time Hossa was sent down, his confidence gotten bad and he started to struggle. In his case, they should really go with another approach, they need to help the guy.

Old
10-16-2004, 01:54 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
He's not used wrong at all. He looked incredible on Koivu's wing and on the PP. I'm not for giving a guy a spot without earning it 100% at the camp, but in his case the problem is clear. He has confidence issues. They should try to give him a top 2 line spot starting at the begining of the camp. Each time Hossa was sent down, his confidence gotten bad and he started to struggle. In his case, they should really go with another approach, they need to help the guy.
Maybe helping the guy might be putting him back to his natural center postion. Having said that, I do agree with most of what you said.

Old
10-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
The SEL may have less physical play, but the defensive side of the game is by all accounts very high.
Well that good news imo, kinda. Id like Hossa to be in a competetive environment. However the no contact still makes things easier imo........I Just hope Hossa doesnt get use to the non-contact, and start playing a stick checking game, not that he ever did play a physical game. Id like Hossa to learn to start using his size, but up to now this all just seems like a pipe dream. Im still quite happy though that hes putting up the numbers......I guess i just have mixed feelings i cant explain

Thanks J-D!

Old
10-16-2004, 05:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

No Hossa is playing RW from what I'm told. The center is a friend of his from Slovakia, the reason he said he signed in Mora was to play with his friend. Seems like he's doing well, hope he comes back with a ton of confidence.

Closed Thread