HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 List O' Picks

Old
06-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Cosmos

vCash: 500
2010 List O' Picks

Here's what I believe DL has at the momment for the 2010 draft.

Round/# of picks

1/1
2/2 PHI
3/3 NY/FL
4/1
5/2 SJS
6/1
7/1

Only 364 more days...

Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I show the same on my list in the '09 offseason discussion thread. We are set up for another strong showing at the draft with 6 picks in 3 rounds again.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
Here's what I believe DL has at the momment for the 2010 draft.

Round/# of picks

1/1
2/2 PHI
3/3 NY/FL
4/1
5/2 SJS
6/1
7/1

Only 364 more days...

Where'd that extra 2nd come from? The Gauthier deal?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Where'd that extra 2nd come from? The Gauthier deal?
Yes:

2nd Round Pick: Flyers -----> Kings — Traded Patrik Hersley, Ned Lukacevic to Flyers for Denis Gauthier, 2010 second round pick (?-?) on 2008-07-01

According to http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ture/Kings.htm

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 03:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Yes:

2nd Round Pick: Flyers -----> Kings — Traded Patrik Hersley, Ned Lukacevic to Flyers for Denis Gauthier, 2010 second round pick (?-?) on 2008-07-01

According to http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ture/Kings.htm
This year Dean is going to trade Dravecky and Piskula for Gagne and the Flyers 2nd rounder in 2011.

LOL.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 03:09 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This year Dean is going to trade Dravecky and Piskula for Gagne and the Flyers 2nd rounder in 2011.

LOL.
Actually, when Pronger went to Phily, I (and I'm sure many others) was waiting anxiously to here the correlating transaction - Gagne to the Kings, because Gagne is exactly the type of player that they need.

06-27-2009, 03:20 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer View Post
Actually, when Pronger went to Phily, I (and I'm sure many others) was waiting anxiously to here the correlating transaction - Gagne to the Kings, because Gagne is exactly the type of player that they need.
I completely agree. The LOL was about getting their 2nd also for Dravecky and Piskula.

I definitely think Lombardi will be giving the Flyers a call and it won't be to talk about Briere.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 03:48 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I completely agree. The LOL was about getting their 2nd also for Dravecky and Piskula.

I definitely think Lombardi will be giving the Flyers a call and it won't be to talk about Briere.

Well of course we would need the second. Dravecky and Piskula are waaaaaaaaay too much potential to give up just for Gagne.

David A. Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:20 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Taylor Hall, ftw.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs 4 Vezina View Post
Taylor Hall, ftw.
Yes....what this team needs is another top 3 draft pick.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Yes....what this team needs is another top 3 draft pick.
Unless something dramatic happens next week, I expect the kings to compete for another lottery pick.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Unless something dramatic happens next week, I expect the kings to compete for another lottery pick.
As do I......but that would be 4 years of fail......even the Lombardi supports would have to acknowledge that Dean's job would be on shaky ground if that happens.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:46 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
No playoffs sure, but lottery pick?

Quick was better than .500 for half a season. All we need is him to keep it up for a full season and we aren't a lottery pick...

... but probably still top 10...

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

Quick was better than .500 for half a season. All we need is him to keep it up for a full season and we aren't a lottery pick...

... but probably still top 10...
Well....technically any team that does not make the playoffs can win the lottery.

But as for a top 5 pick?

I think the Kings could get another top 5 pick if they do not significantly improve.....

Do not forget that the Islanders just drafted Tavares and DeHaan (even though DeHaan probably will not make the team this year).....but Tavares will probably improve the team significantly.....especially playing with Okposo and Bailey.

Tampa Bay just got a franchise defenseman (Hedman) to go along with their franchise center (Stamkos).....not to mention they still have Lecavalier and St Louis.

Atlanta could improve significantly if Kane somehow makes the team and finds himself alongside of Kovalchuk....add in Bogosian and they could be a threat to make the playoffs in the east.

So standing pat is not an advantage for the Kings.

Old
06-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Yes ....

IF we DO NOT make then Playoffs ...

then we're a Lottery Pick team ...

as ALL NON-Playoff teams are

http://www.nhlscap.com/draft.htm#lottery - in case you need a refresher

... carry on.

whoops Squidy beat me to it while I was getting the link

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 02:08 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Yes ....

IF we DO NOT make then Playoffs ...

then we're a Lottery Pick team ...

as ALL NON-Playoff teams are

http://www.nhlscap.com/draft.htm#lottery - in case you need a refresher

... carry on.

whoops Squidy beat me to it while I was getting the link
Not only did Squid beat you to it, but he also understood I was talking about a top 5 pick.

I know how the lottery works, no refresher needed. But thanks for nitpicking

Old
06-28-2009, 02:11 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well....technically any team that does not make the playoffs can win the lottery.

But as for a top 5 pick?

I think the Kings could get another top 5 pick if they do not significantly improve.....

Do not forget that the Islanders just drafted Tavares and DeHaan (even though DeHaan probably will not make the team this year).....but Tavares will probably improve the team significantly.....especially playing with Okposo and Bailey.

Tampa Bay just got a franchise defenseman (Hedman) to go along with their franchise center (Stamkos).....not to mention they still have Lecavalier and St Louis.

Atlanta could improve significantly if Kane somehow makes the team and finds himself alongside of Kovalchuk....add in Bogosian and they could be a threat to make the playoffs in the east.

So standing pat is not an advantage for the Kings.
Well it doesn't really need repeating that I think the Kings need to add some scoring no matter what... but I just did, so there!

I just don't like the notion that there is no way we can be better than a bottom 5 team without adding something.

A bounceback by Kopi and Brown and a solid season from Quick is atleast 5-8 more wins in my opinion.

Old
06-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Well it doesn't really need repeating that I think the Kings need to add some scoring no matter what... but I just did, so there!

I just don't like the notion that there is no way we can be better than a bottom 5 team without adding something.
I would not say there is "No Way" they can be better...but I try to go with the best odds. (Maybe that is because I lived in NV for 14 years?)

If the Kings go into next season with little to no change in the roster I think they have a 25% chance of finishing at the bottom of the league (aka top 5 draft pick)....a 60% chance of finishing in the 17th - 25th range....and a 15% chance to make the playoffs.

The odds are against them.

Quote:
A bounceback by Kopi and Brown and a solid season from Quick is atleast 5-8 more wins in my opinion.
True....but how many more losses will they have when they are going up against a team that just acquired Bouwmeester, Gaborik, Hossa, or the Sundin twins?

Old
06-28-2009, 02:20 AM
Captain Ron

Edit...make that the Sedin twins....it is late out in NC.

Old
06-28-2009, 02:30 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I would not say there is "No Way" they can be better...but I try to go with the best odds. (Maybe that is because I lived in NV for 14 years?)

If the Kings go into next season with little to no change in the roster I think they have a 25% chance of finishing at the bottom of the league (aka top 5 draft pick)....a 60% chance of finishing in the 17th - 25th range....and a 15% chance to make the playoffs.

The odds are against them.
Ah hah! But even your odds are also against a top 5 pick, which was my only point. This wasn't about making the playoffs, it was about getting a top 5 pick. Remember my playoff poll? Only 11 our of 57 thought we could make the playoffs with our current roster. I was certainly not one of those 11.

Quote:
True....but how many more losses will they have when they are going up against a team that just acquired Bouwmeester, Gaborik, Hossa, or the Sundin twins?
Ah not this again! We'll do fine because Phanuef will get jealous of Bouwmeester and elbow him in practice, taking him out for the season. Hossa is crushed a not a problem. The Sedins are ugly and Dean will sign Gaborik.

But seriously, I think the odds are atleast 50/50 that Dean will add SOMETHING. Probably about 20 goals. The odds are also 50/50 that those UFAs will sign in the West.

Even odds. Round and round we go.

Old
06-28-2009, 02:38 AM
Captain Ron

Hopefully, a lot of these questions will be answered in the next couple of weeks.....We will either be elated and many people will talk about how great it will be to see the season start.....or we will be disappointed and many people will talk about how great this team will be when the Kings draft Hall.

Old
06-28-2009, 02:48 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Hopefully, a lot of these questions will be answered in the next couple of weeks.....We will either be elated and many people will talk about how great it will be to see the season start.....or we will be disappointed and many people will talk about how great this team will be when the Kings draft Hall.
I like the language I am hearing. Instead of "yeah if something comes along we'll look in to it" or "we explore all options", I am hearing "we need to add scoring" and "its an issue we are prepared to address", "it's time for a big move, now its just finding the right player."

Much more encouraging. I know many can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth, but I think he is true to his general sentiments. I certainly don't think he WILL go for the big fish, but I think he will seriously consider it finally and at the least, he will acquire through trade or UFA someone to slot in on 2nd line LW. If that issue doesn't get addressed with like I said earlier, at the LEAST a Satan, I will lose a bundle of faith in Dean. Perhaps more than for anything since signing Cloutier. In fact, definately more so.

All shall indeed be revealed soon enough.