HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

B. Schenn still on the table??

Old
06-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Tombernack

vCash: 500
This is just tortorous having my hopes up when these "rumors" happen. I don't believe a word of it now. It needs to stop, so I reckon this will be my last post in a thread regarding B.Schenn going to TOR.

So here I go:

That is a huge deal there I must say. I think TOR would be overpaying but I don't even care at this point.

Having:
L. Schenn
B. Schenn
N. Kadri
C. Teubert

is a respectable start to a core. It ensures another year or 2 of getting pummeled, but it would be a legitimate rebuild at least and thats what I want most.

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:10 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Do you Leaf fans want to really know why Lombardi took Schenn?

Best. Player. Available.

We aren't giving up our prototypical #2 center of the future for a bunch of vets that will be long gone before this kid is even a year or two into his ELC, so dream on.

The Kings will be looking for some veteran help on the LW for this coming season. They won't be trading Schenn to get it.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:10 AM
cloaked
Go Leafs since '80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Not at all? I don't think that Burkie is that thick
Perhaps not, I just got that feeling. I believe Murray may have already known Burke was going to select Kadri(before the TSN mic caught it). That's why he said "..flip picks" right before Burke asked him if he was going to select Kadri.

Quote:
It would not be so annoying if this attitude/notion was not so often repeated
This had nothing to do with the topic.

Quote:
The whole brother thing is overrated, unless you are the Sedins. I mean, other than being used to lure UFA Niedermayer, what did Special (Rob) Nieds ever do with Scott that he couldn't have done on his own?
I didnt say that it was important that they were brothers. I was stressing Burkes want for the guy.

cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbh View Post
It does talk about LA making the 5th pic out of spite for burke and his negotiation tactics. This can be corroborated with the look on burkes face when Schenn was selected, and that was classic by the way.
They didn't pick Schenn out of spite. Its pretty well known amongst the LA fan base that, unless they were overwhelmed with a huge offer, they were gonna pick Schenn. He's a Lombardi type player. Had nothing to do with irritating Burke, though I'm sure the fact that Burke was clearly irritated pleased Dean even more.

I have no doubt Burke tried hard to make a deal with the Kings to move up and get Schenn. That look on his face when LA picked says as much. He was disappointed, and that's the way life goes sometimes.

The bottomline is Schenn belongs to the Kings now. I know alot of Leaf fans are upset they didn't get him, but this is fantasy land stuff. Its over, time to move on.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:11 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombernack View Post
This is just tortorous having my hopes up when these "rumors" happen. I don't believe a word of it now. It needs to stop, so I reckon this will be my last post in a thread regarding B.Schenn going to TOR.

So here I go:

That is a huge deal there I must say. I think TOR would be overpaying but I don't even care at this point.

Having:
L. Schenn
B. Schenn
N. Kadri
C. Teubert

is a respectable start to a core. It ensures another year or 2 of getting pummeled, but it would be a legitimate rebuild at least and thats what I want most.
Yeah but that core doesn't even look good, (not taking down the Leafs players, the Kings players aren't exactly world burners either)

Essentially you would have 1 excellent defensive defenseman who can max out at like 30 points, 1 very good defensive defenseman who hits but will probably max out at a similar amount of points, and 2 centers who will likely max out at 70-ish points.

That is the recipe to making a 5-8 team, but not a contending team for sure

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Tombernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Best. Player. Available.
Definitely. There was no spite or conspiracy here. Schenn is a massive beauty and DL would be declared legally insane if he passed on him.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:13 AM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
I know alot of Leaf fans are upset they didn't get him, but this is fantasy land stuff. Its over, time to move on.
I think Leafs fans are over it, but this god damned blogger keeps making up stuff and people keep falling for it.

If he turns out to be right on this one I'll eat crow, but I'm confident I won't have to.

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

Can we have Doughty instead of Schenn? Not a trade I would make from the Leafs perspective. I actually hope this is nothing but a bs rumour.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Best. Player. Available.
We. Know.

We're not the ones reporting this or wondering why DL chose him. We're simply commenting (and most of us are hoping) on the rumour(s)

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Clown Baby

Quote:
The whole brother thing is overrated, unless you are the Sedins. I mean, other than being used to lure UFA Niedermayer, what did Special (Rob) Nieds ever do with Scott that he couldn't have done on his own?
Bring a cup to Anaheim.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cloaked
Go Leafs since '80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
We. Know.

We're not the ones reporting this or wondering why DL chose him. We're simply commenting (and most of us are hoping) on the rumour(s)
Can never run low on hope, lol

In any case, I have always liked mapleleafshotstove and they do great interviews with league personnel. Congrats to Alex Tran and the bunch.

Old
Tombernack

Quote:
Yeah but that core doesn't even look good, (not taking down the Leafs players, the Kings players aren't exactly world burners either)

Essentially you would have 1 excellent defensive defenseman who can max out at like 30 points, 1 very good defensive defenseman who hits but will probably max out at a similar amount of points, and 2 centers who will likely max out at 70-ish points.

Yeah, you could be right. Its just a start though. Im assuming there would be some futile years though where more picks would be used, plus free agency. It would at least be a time of real optimism.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:16 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Heh. Having Schenn in the Kings organization means infinitely more to the Kings than mere spite for Burke. Please.

Although the camera showing Burke as he missed out on Schenn was a small enjoyable moment I must say.
Son House, yeeeeah!

Anyway, like you say, this rumour is all kinds of stupid. I'm sure Lombardi's going to make any pick - let alone a top 5 in a position of need for his team - out of spite.

Because the entire world revolves around Brian Burke and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Uh-huh.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:17 AM
cloaked
Go Leafs since '80

Quote:

Missing that player that puts them over the top. Like a Zetterberg or a Scott Stevens.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
I think Leafs fans are over it, but this god damned blogger keeps making up stuff and people keep falling for it.

If he turns out to be right on this one I'll eat crow, but I'm confident I won't have to.
Yea sorry, didn't mean to lump all Leaf fans together.

There's a certain segment out there that is so disappointed at not landing Schenn, that they are now coming up with fantasies. Its like trying to hit the rewind button to go back and change what happened at the draft. Kinda like going back to sleep to see if you can find your perfect dream again or whatever.

Its done, Toronto is not getting Schenn. I know most Leaf fans get this, so I apologize if I came off as bashing anyone. Wasn't my intention.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
He's just a little drafted, he's still good, he's still good.
lmao

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:19 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
We. Know.

Sorry that you guys didn't get your man. Next year's draft looks to be pretty good as well. If Burke strips it down, which is what it sounds like he wants to do, you will get another very good player in next year's draft.

The look on Burke's face when Lombardi took Schenn was and added bonus though. He is a former Duck after all.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:20 AM
cloaked
Go Leafs since '80

Quote:
Yea sorry, didn't mean to lump all Leaf fans together.

There's a certain segment out there that is so disappointed at not landing Schenn, that they are now coming up with fantasies. Its like trying to hit the rewind button to go back and change what happened at the draft. Kinda like going back to sleep to see if you can find your perfect dream again or whatever.

Its done, Toronto is not getting Schenn. I know most Leaf fans get this, so I apologize if I came off as bashing anyone. Wasn't my intention.
We will know soon enough. I'm really hoping they get a good package for Kaberle.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Smif

Quote:
Missing that player that puts them over the top. Like a Zetterberg or a Scott Stevens.
Nope, got that, Nash is signing here next year, ya'kno!

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
It came from a Maple Leaf site, what did you expect?

Give up Toronto, Brayden Schenn will not be a leaf, at least not for a while.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:22 AM
cloaked
Go Leafs since '80

Quote:
Nope, got that, Nash is signing here next year, ya'kno!
then we're all set!

Old
06-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
We will know soon enough. I'm really hoping they get a good package for Kaberle.
Ha! Watch this trade actually go down and make me eat my words

Either way, if Toronto decides to move Kaberle, they will get good value. Burke is no fool. Whether or not anyone steps up to the plate to make it worth the Leafs' while remains to be seen. But if he's moved, Kabs will bring pack a nice package.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:25 AM
cloaked
Go Leafs since '80

Quote:
Ha! Watch this trade actually go down and make me eat my words

Either way, if Toronto decides to move Kaberle, they will get good value. Burke is no fool. Whether or not anyone steps up to the plate to make it worth the Leafs' while remains to be seen. But if he's moved, Kabs will bring pack a nice package.
I agree. I also think he would fetch a lot at next seasons trade deadline. Either way, it should be fine.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:26 AM
Tombernack

Quote:
I agree. I also think he would fetch a lot at next seasons trade deadline. Either way, it should be fine.
I doubt he'd even waive his NTC even if we got a good return.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:28 AM
kihei

vCash: 4562
Poni would be an upgrade in LA.s top 6, but why would they want two defensemen when they have so many young d that need ice time. Kaberle, I can see, but not White. And trading a #1 draft pick that could be a top five pick is crazy. Seems like wishful thinking of a sort out of Toronto.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote