HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Sens @ Rats 10/15/04

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Sum

vCash: 500
Good win. I guess it will give them some confidence for next games. Now, let's hope the guys will confirm tonight against Bridgeport, it'll be another great test.

Ahonen was pretty good apparently. I assume he will have the start against the Sound Tigers ?

Ratsgirl, how was Pihlman ?

Old
10-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Niedermayer21

I didn't see the game, but some of you made Zach Parise sound like the second coming of Ken Gernander. PUH-LEEZE. It was the kid's first game and he had two points. Maybe Lou should cut him so he can go back to school, get his degree, and work in a cubicle the rest of his life, like a lot of us have. I hate cubicles. Whoever felt that they made a good work environment should be sentenced to living in a maze with mice and other rodents. Minimum of 20 years. lol.

Zach will be a superstar in the NHL. If he is not, I will be extremely surprised.

BTW, the Phantoms and the Wolf Pack are on MSG Network tonight. Hopefully, when the Rats play the Pack, MSG will show it.

For those of you who were actually at the game, could you please tell me the line combos and defense pairings? Thanks a lot.

I tried to listen to the game last night, but the feed was awful. If I were smart, I would have listened to the Binghamton broadcast, but I ain't so bright.

Old
10-16-2004, 12:53 PM
tbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum
Good win. I guess it will give them some confidence for next games. Now, let's hope the guys will confirm tonight against Bridgeport, it'll be another great test.

Ahonen was pretty good apparently. I assume he will have the start against the Sound Tigers ?

Ratsgirl, how was Pihlman ?

Clemmensen tonight

Old
10-16-2004, 12:58 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbr
Clemmensen tonight
thanks!

Old
10-16-2004, 12:59 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27

For those of you who were actually at the game, could you please tell me the line combos and defense pairings? Thanks a lot.
i think this is how they started out (and since I know you care, no, I wasn't paying attention to who played LD or RD, sorry!)

voros-khomutov-suglobov
pihlman-parise-pikkarainen
murphy-rheaume-janssen
mcammond-parise-skrlac

kesa-hale
allen-demarchi
schultz-redlihs

Old
10-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Niedermayer21

Thanks a lot, ratsgirl. BTW, is Alex Brooks still a Rat? Is he Devils' property, too? And was there an Adrian Foster sighting? lol What is wrong with him now?

Did we have one defenseman who shoots right-handed?

With those linemates, Parise would have to be Wayne Gretzky or Mario to get an assist. Zach will have to bank the puck off their bodies because they couldn't put the puck in the ocean if they were standing at the end of the dock.

So is Cam Janssen the second coming of Tie Domi, or what? Got a goal. I don't care if it bounced off of his butt, it is still a goal. You know, a rose is a rose and a goal is a goal. lol

Thanks for any questions you can answer!!!

P.S. Still looking for the right avatar. If you have a good one, please e-mail it to me. Thanks, again.

Old
10-16-2004, 03:28 PM
tbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
Thanks a lot, ratsgirl. BTW, is Alex Brooks still a Rat? Is he Devils' property, too? And was there an Adrian Foster sighting? lol What is wrong with him now?

Did we have one defenseman who shoots right-handed?

With those linemates, Parise would have to be Wayne Gretzky or Mario to get an assist. Zach will have to bank the puck off their bodies because they couldn't put the puck in the ocean if they were standing at the end of the dock.

So is Cam Janssen the second coming of Tie Domi, or what? Got a goal. I don't care if it bounced off of his butt, it is still a goal. You know, a rose is a rose and a goal is a goal. lol

Thanks for any questions you can answer!!!

P.S. Still looking for the right avatar. If you have a good one, please e-mail it to me. Thanks, again.
Foster and Brooks are injured. No none of the D are right handed except Brooks. Foster injured his chest in an exhibition game against Bridgeport

Old
10-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Nifty=HHOF

I didn't say Parise was terrible/bad/should be cut or anything close to it. All I was saying is that I was disappointed that he wasn't as good as I thought he was going to be.

Quote:
Niedermayer27: Zach will be a superstar in the NHL. If he is not, I will be extremely surprised.
After watching his play (on tv) in the World Juniors last winter and listening to people talking about him, I was expecting more. I would agree with Rats girl on one thing, the move he made to get into scoring position was a big time move. I think part of my initial post my have been influenced listening to Rats fans at the game talk about "what a great goal" he scored. One guy sitting near us said something along the lines of "I'm not sure if even Gretzky could scored from there". With responses like this from some of the fans, I was just expressing my opinion that Devils fans shouldn't get too hyped up yet about him, although I agree he could be a very good (I doubt great) NHLer some day.

Quote:
So for less than $20 you got 8 goals and some fights, and you're complaining about the game? Geez.
I had a great time at the game, GOD BLESS HOCKEY All I was saying is that the quality of the play was poor. The game was a typical opening game for young teams, sloppy.

I will have to agree to disagree with Ratsgirl about Spezza. For my money, he was far and away the best player on the ice. I'm sure you saw how Albany reacted every time he touched the puck. Albany clearly had a specific plan to defend him and yet he still made some absolutely incredible moves. If the lockout is lengthy :mad: and he plays hard, he will put up some impressive numbers in Binghamton.

Anyhow, thank God hockey is back (albiet it's the AHL)

Closed Thread