HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

139 th 2009 pick - Gabriel Dumont

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2009, 10:15 PM
  #26
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
I assume he will be in Hamilton after this up coming season since he's a late '90. Would be cool to have Boucher as the head coach in Hamilton, and he'd have 2 of his former players.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 10:26 PM
  #27
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I assume he will be in Hamilton after this up coming season since he's a late '90. Would be cool to have Boucher as the head coach in Hamilton, and he'd have 2 of his former players.
Do you mean the 2010 season? CHLers have to be 19 to play in the AHL correct? Or is there a cut off date to play in a season?

Could Dumont leave his Q team mid-season to go to the AHL? (not that he would)

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 10:40 PM
  #28
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Do you mean the 2010 season? CHLers have to be 19 to play in the AHL correct? Or is there a cut off date to play in a season?

Could Dumont leave his Q team mid-season to go to the AHL? (not that he would)
Yes, Dumont can play in the AHL at 19 because he's a late birthdate. Mathieu Carle, Mathieu Aubin, Matt D'Agostini, were all in the same boat. As long as you turn 20 before Jan 1st, you can play in the AHL as a CHLer, so Dumont will play for the Volts next season and then I assume the plan would be for him to go to Hamilton for 2010-2011.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 10:49 PM
  #29
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yes, Dumont can play in the AHL at 19 because he's a late birthdate. Mathieu Carle, Mathieu Aubin, Matt D'Agostini, were all in the same boat. As long as you turn 20 before Jan 1st, you can play in the AHL as a CHLer, so Dumont will play for the Volts next season and then I assume the plan would be for him to go to Hamilton for 2010-2011.
Thanks for clarifying. Avstin would be able to go into the AHL correct? I'm not sure if such is the plan...but if he can't get in the KHL, I can't see why he wouldn't come to NA.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 11:12 PM
  #30
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Avstin would be able to go into the AHL correct? I'm not sure if such is the plan...but if he can't get in the KHL, I can't see why he wouldn't come to NA.
Avtsin can play in the AHL whenever, it's only for CHLers to be 20 years old (or have 4 full season in the CHL)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:17 AM
  #31
CaptCrunch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGHHH View Post
"[I]L'entraîneur-chef des Voltigeurs, Guy Boucher, ne s'est pas fait prier pour dire du bien de Dumont après la rencontre : « Gabriel, c’est l’âme de notre équipe. Ça ne me surprend pas que ce soit lui qui ait marqué le but gagnant. Il est sans contredit le guerrier de l’année; ça fait longtemps que j’évolue dans cette ligue-là et je n’ai jamais vu un joueur avec autant de caractère ».

Sur les ondes de RDS, Boucher en a remis une couche en affirmant : « Il est temps que les recruteurs de la LNH se réveillent. Dumont, c'est une machine ».Gabriel a disputé le tournoi malgré une sérieuse blessure à l’épaule, une entorse à la cheville, un orteil fracturé, une blessure au genou, deux claquages, des élongations musculaires à deux doigts et une blessure à un poignet. Une machine dites-vous? C’est peu de le dire!"

http://www.infodimanche.com/index.as...lite&ID=131064
For our english friends. An amateur translation:

Quote:
The coach of the Voltigeurs, Guy Boucher, did not need a reminder to talk about Dumont after the game: "Gabriel is the soul of our team, It does not surprise me that he was the one scoring the winning goal. He is without question the warrior of the year; I've been involved in this league for a long time and I've never seen a player with such a strong character."

On RDS, Boucher added another layer of praise by saying: "Its time NHL scouts wakes up. Dumont is a machine". Gabriel played the tournament [Memorial cup] despite a serious shoulder injury, an ankle sprain, a broken toe, a knee injury, two muscle strains, muscular elongations to two fingers and a wrist injury. You say a machine? That's an understatement!

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 02:25 AM
  #32
saskhab
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
I love how we have a pick named Gabriel Dumont, and he is described as a "warrior". That is awesome. It makes up for my longing to have Saskatchewan representation in the Habs (all I've had in the past 5-7 years is freaking Garth Murray, though since Chipchura played for PA I can at least root extra for him since he lived here for several years), having a man with the same namesake as a legendary Saskatchewan Métis leader/resistance fighter. There are parks, French immersion schools, and other institutions and buildings all over Saskatoon named after him.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:21 AM
  #33
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Here is an artistic representation of the last time a coach told Dumont he could not play:



Nattinen, Leblanc and Dumont are all 3 very, very good picks for a variety of reasons, and all 3 are, according to me, steals at their drafted position, especially Nattinen and Dumont.

Avtsin, too, is a fantastic player, a real boom or bust kind of pick. I sincerely hope he comes to NA.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.