HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gainey tried (again) to acquire Lecavalier

Old
06-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Lint07

vCash: 500
Gainey tried (again) to acquire Lecavalier

According to RDS, Bob Gainey tried up until minutes before the draft on friday to acquire Vincent Lecavalier from the Lightning. He wanted to make the announcement during the draft and please the crowd but Len Barrie nixed any chance of a deal.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/277360.html

Quote:
L'intérêt pour le Canadien envers Vincent Lecavalier est très loin de s'estomper. Selon ce que RDS a appris de plusieurs sources dans la LNH, Bob Gainey a tenté de mettre la main sur le joueur de l'Île-Bizard et qu'il souhaitait annoncer la transaction vendredi lors du repêchage.

Gainey a travaillé jusqu'à quelques minutes avant le début du repêchage pour conclure la transaction, mais n'a pas été en mesure de finaliser le marché.

Toujours selon nos sources, c'est un des propriétaires du Lightning, Len Barrie qui a refusé d'échanger Lecavalier, comme ce fût le cas au mois de janvier.

Vendredi, Gainey a d'ailleurs quitté le Centre Bell déçu de ne pas avoir été en mesure de conclure le marché qui aurait grandement amélioré sa formation.

Rejoint par RDS pour commenter les informations, l'agent de Lecavalier, Kent Hughes a indiqué que le Lightning ne l'a jamais contacté pour que son client approuve ou non une transaction.

C'est que la direction du Lightning a toujours promis au clan Lecavalier qu'il serait consulté si jamais la formation de Tampa avait l'intention de l'échanger afin que ce dernier soumette une liste d'équipe où il souhaiterait être échangé.

Le Canadien pourrait d'ailleurs relancer le Lightning d'ici le premier juillet alors qu'une clause de non-échange et de non mouvement seront en vigueur dans le contrat du grand joueur de centre.

Reste que le clan Lecavalier a toujours indiqué qu'il n'allait pas imposer un mauvais mariage au Lightning après le premier juillet si l'équipe lui demandait à ce qu'il quitte Tampa.

Lint07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 12:54 PM
TheDanceOfMaternity

This is very shocking to hear!

TheDanceOfMaternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

I'm sure there is something in that article to back this up.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Really? I expected him to stop all attempts to the player he has tried to acquire since January and the player Habs fans have been trying to acquire since 1999 right before the biggest trading day outside of the deadline.

And Lawton called this well.

06-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I'm sure there is something in that article to back this up.
RDS don't usually make stuff up and Renaud Lavoie is probably their more ''connected'' journalist.

I would say this is legit.

Old
06-28-2009, 12:59 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Gainey is a hypocrite, but continue bashing on Lawton folks.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:00 PM
spot

I quit trying after this "L'intérêt" Anybody have the English version?

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Amputechture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Care to elaborate?

Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:04 PM
canadianeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint07 View Post
RDS don't usually make stuff up and Renaud Lavoie is probably their more ''connected'' journalist.

WHAT!?

RDS makes up as much stuff as the friggin National Enquirer.

canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Really? I expected him to stop all attempts to the player he has tried to acquire since January and the player Habs fans have been trying to acquire since 1999 right before the biggest trading day outside of the deadline.
Funny how now it was real that there were talks for Lecavalier this past winter.

Were you one of those (pretty much every Lighting fan) saying that ''Lawton said no talks ever happened, therefore you guys are making this up'' back then?

Just curious.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanceOfMaternity View Post
This is very shocking to hear!
My bad, how can I move my thread away from the ''SHOCKING NEWS OMG THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!11!1!!'' section, then?

Old
06-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:

I was commenting on the fact you didn't translate it for 99% of the board.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I was commenting on the fact you didn't translate it for 99% of the board.
I pretty much summed up the important part of the article.

there wasn't much important info in the rest but I guess I can translate it all anyway... hold on.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Monstar50

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I quit trying after this "L'intérêt" Anybody have the English version?
From a free translation site
Quote:
RDS learned from several sources in the LNH, Bobsled Gainey attempted to put the hand on the player of the île-bizard and that it wished to announce the transaction Friday at the time of the draft.

Gainey worked until some minutes before the beginning of the draft to conclude the transaction, but was not in a position to finalize the market.

Still according to our sources, this is one of the owners of the Lightning, Bellowed Len that refused to exchange Lecavalier, as this was the case in the month of January.

Friday, Gainey has besides left the Center Bell disappointed of not to have been in a position to conclude the market that big would have improved his formation.

Rejoins by RDS to comment on the news, the agent of Lecavalier, Kent Hughes indicated that the Lightning never contacted it for that his customer approves or not a transaction.

This is that the direction of the Lightning always promised to the clan Lecavalier that it would be consulted so never the formation of Tampa had the intention to exchange it so that the latter submits a team list where it would wish to be exchanged.

The Canadian can besides to restart the Lightning of here the first July while a clause of no exchanges and of non-movement will be in force in the contract of the big player of center.

Remain that the clan Lecavalier always indicated that it was not going to impose a bad marriage to the Lightning after the first July if the team asked for him which it leaves Tampa.
not the best, but you understand the important stuff

Monstar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
in all fairness I would say almost every NHL general manager is a hypocrite... it comes with the title

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Funny how now it was real that there were talks for Lecavalier this past winter.

Were you one of those (pretty much every Lighting fan) saying that ''Lawton said no talks ever happened, therefore you guys are making this up'' back then?

Just curious.
There has been talks for Lecavalier since he was 19, no big deal. Lawton admitted there were talks. I want Lecavalier traded anyway so I wasn't complaining.

But Lawton called this. During the Q&A he said he and Gainey talk all the time and said he expects him to make a last ditch attempt at the draft.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Armond White
Go Sabres!

I just ran it through a free translator since nobody is bothering to say what's in the article.

Bad translation

Quote:
Always according to our sources, it is one of the owners of Lightning, Len Barrie, which refused to exchange Lecavalier, as it was the case in January.
Edit: 2 minutes too late I see.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:14 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
RDS learned from several sources in the LNH, Bobsled Gainey attempted to put the hand on the player of the île-bizard and that it wished to announce the transaction Friday at the time of the draft.
BOBSLED GAINEY!

sorry, that made me laugh

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:17 PM
emb24*

Quote:
says the Bruins fan

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
YzermanWings19

Quote:
L'intérêt pour le Canadien envers Vincent Lecavalier est très loin de s'estomper. Selon ce que RDS a appris de plusieurs sources dans la LNH, Bob Gainey a tenté de mettre la main sur le joueur de l'Île-Bizard et qu'il souhaitait annoncer la transaction vendredi lors du repêchage.

Gainey a travaillé jusqu'à quelques minutes avant le début du repêchage pour conclure la transaction, mais n'a pas été en mesure de finaliser le marché.

Toujours selon nos sources, c'est un des propriétaires du Lightning, Len Barrie qui a refusé d'échanger Lecavalier, comme ce fût le cas au mois de janvier.

Vendredi, Gainey a d'ailleurs quitté le Centre Bell déçu de ne pas avoir été en mesure de conclure le marché qui aurait grandement amélioré sa formation.

Rejoint par RDS pour commenter les informations, l'agent de Lecavalier, Kent Hughes a indiqué que le Lightning ne l'a jamais contacté pour que son client approuve ou non une transaction.

C'est que la direction du Lightning a toujours promis au clan Lecavalier qu'il serait consulté si jamais la formation de Tampa avait l'intention de l'échanger afin que ce dernier soumette une liste d'équipe où il souhaiterait être échangé.

Le Canadien pourrait d'ailleurs relancer le Lightning d'ici le premier juillet alors qu'une clause de non-échange et de non mouvement seront en vigueur dans le contrat du grand joueur de centre.

Reste que le clan Lecavalier a toujours indiqué qu'il n'allait pas imposer un mauvais mariage au Lightning après le premier juillet si l'équipe lui demandait à ce qu'il quitte Tampa.
Let me see if I can translate.

The internet for the Canadian inverse Vincent Lecavalier is trying pork loin and stomping. At the hair salon, RDS appraises the raining sources in the NHL. Bob Gainey is a tent and met the main part of the journey on Blizzard island and halted and announced a transaction Friday for repaying.

Gainey travelled quietly minutes after the debut of the repayment for the transaction conclusion. Corn measured the final march.

Tommorrow at the hair salon, no sources are available, probably because of the Lightning Len Barrie refuses to change Lecavalier. Come and fit the case minus January.

Friday, Gainey allegedly quit the Bell Centre decorations but did not leave. He measured the conclusion of the march and grandly smelled the formation.

Rejoining RDS to comment on the information, the agent of Lecavalier, Kent Hughes indicated the Lightning were not in their pajamas and contacted the client to approve or not the transaction.

The direction the Lightning go tommorrow promises the Lecavalier clan certainly consulting pajamas in the formation of Tampa Bay available intently to change the bottom mitten and list equipment or halt the change.

The Canadian praised the allegations lancing at the Lightning and icing the premier Juliet. Though one clause did not change, and no movement to Ontario vigourously the contract is grand joyful center.

Rest the Lecavalier clan tonight indicated allies imposed and malfunctioned the Lightning to appraise the premier Juliet to equip the demands or quit Tampa.

I think that makes sense.

YzermanWings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Lint07

Translation of the entire article:
Quote:
Montreal Canadiens' interest towards Vincent Lecavalier is far from finished. According to what RDS has learned from many NHL sources, Bob Gainey would've tried to acquire the Ile-Bizard's player and he wished to announce it on friday night during the draft.

Gainey worked up until minutes before the start of the draft to conclude the transaction but haven't been able to reach a deal.

Still according to our sources, it is Len Barrie, part-owner of the Lightning who refused to trade Lecavalier, as it was the case in January.

Friday, Gainey has left the Bell Center disappointed from not being able to make the deal that would've immensely help his team.

Reached by RDS to comment on the story, Kent Hughes, Lecavalier's agent, has indicated that Tampa Bay never contacted him to approve a transaction or not.

Tampa's management has always promised to Lecavalier that he would be consulted before making any deal, in order to submit a list of teams where he would like to be traded.

Montreal could still pursue the negotiations with the Lightning before July 1st as it is the date Lecavalier's no-trade clause kicks in.

Lecavalier's clan has always indicated that they wouldn't be hard to live after July 1st even if the Lightning asked him to be traded prior to that.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Dude what is it with Montreal and Vinny besides that he is from there? Its almost sick. Sure Lecavelier is good but you guys will have to give us a ton for it to happen. You guys really want to give up your whole team to get your fantasy dreamboy on your team. Give it a rest and he will never be on your team. What makes you think he would want to be on your team to begin with. Its freezing up there vs the warm sunny Tampa. He can just go home when its nice in Montreal during the summer. Sounds good to me. Plus he can walk around town in Tampa without getting bothered like he would in Montreal. Sounds like another plus. Not to mention your new coach has a New Jersey like trap scheme where Vinny would not be playing in a system that is made for him. How much pressure would he have in Montreal too after a big trade where you guys give up your whole team. Doesnt sound much fun to me. In Tampa he gets to be the guy and also have the space to relax. He has a supporting cast with Marty here and soon to be star Stamkos. He would have a much easier time succeeding with Tampa than he would on Montreal. He is never going to Montreal so you guys can continue to wack off to him in your dreams like you have since he was drafted.

Plus why would the Lightning give him up when we have the perfect pieces to build around to make another run at the cup in a few years. We have two centers that would be number one centers on most teams. Marty St Louis who can score, is cheap, and has arguably the biggest heart of any player in the league. We just drafted our franchise defensemen in Hedman. We have a good goalie who just needs to stay healthy. If the team is smart and builds around those players they will be right back in the mix again for a Cup like they were in 04. Montreal fans are just jealous that we are in Tampa FL and you guys are in the heart of Hockey and you dont have a better future than the Lightning does. Its pretty sad. Why dont you guys just start to be smart about your team and draft well instead of trying to buy a cup every year.

Last edited by Drouin2Stamkos: 06-28-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Sounds like Bruins fans, but continue to sit up on your pedestal. Would you like some more pillows, oh fan of a righteous team ?

Bobsled Gainey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzBalla View Post
Dude what is it with Montreal and Vinny besides that he is from there? Its almost sick. Sure Lecavelier is good but you guys will have to give us a ton for it to happen. You guys really want to give up your whole team to get your fantasy dreamboy on your team. Give it a rest and he will never be on your team. What makes you think he would want to be on your team to begin with. Its freezing up there vs the warm sunny Tampa. He can just go home when its nice in Montreal during the summer. Sounds good to me. Plus he can walk around town in Tampa without getting bothered like he would in Montreal. Sounds like another plus. Not to mention your new coach has a New Jersey like trap scheme where Vinny would not be playing in a system that is made for him. How much pressure would he have in Montreal too after a big trade where you guys give up your whole team. Doesnt sound much fun to me. In Tampa he gets to be the guy and also have the space to relax. He has a supporting cast with Marty here and soon to be star Stamkos. He would have a much easier time succeeding with Tampa than he would on Montreal. He is never going to Montreal so you guys can continue to wack off to him in your dreams like you have since he was drafted.
Some people want him because he's a superstar, or star, or however you want to call him, but Montréal hasn't had one in a very long time. The majority of people who want him at whatever price are crazed francophone fans. They don't understand the concept of how things work. They believe that as long as Montréal has Vinny, they'll win no matter what we give up.

I'd much rather sign someone at UFA, but that's pretty much the same pipe dream as fellow Canadian brethren have of getting Lecavalier.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:32 PM
middletoe
Why am I me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
BOBSLED GAINEY!

Me too! I thought it was a gag by the poster until I read further. I kinda hope the nickname sticks now cuz he seems like such a serious guy.

middletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:35 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
BOBSLED GAINEY!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

From now on I'm calling him that.

It Kills Me is offline   Reply With Quote