HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

PM9 curve?

Old
06-28-2009, 11:37 AM
dirtydevs9

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dirtydevs9
PM9 curve?

I can't seem to get my shots high at all with my new curve, does anyone else have this problem? I went down about an inch or two in length and switched from Wood to composite.

dirtydevs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydevs9 View Post
I can't seem to get my shots high at all with my new curve, does anyone else have this problem? I went down about an inch or two in length and switched from Wood to composite.
I have a PM9 Bauer Supreme One90 blade and do not like that curve but that being said I have no hard time getting the puck up with ANY blade i use no matter the curve.

Getting the puck up is shooting mechanics and not the blade. You may get a blade you prefer over another but one should be able to do whatever they want to with any blade after taking some shots with it to get used to it so you can make adjustments.

Probably not the answer you were looking for but it is the truth. Most people can't shoot high because they don't shoot the puck the way they should.

The followthrough is what aims your shot high. Finish up high with your hands after you curl the blade through the puck shot range of motion.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 06-28-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:37 PM
BadHammy*

Quote:
You might need a little adjustment period if you've only ever used wood before. Keep practicing.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Placebo Effect

I found going down an inch with my stick helped me get my shots higher. I use a Recchi and Lindros curve and I can get it high on occasion so I know it's possible. It comes down to technique which I am still working on mastering. It also got easier for me going from wood to composite so not sure. Just keep practicing it'll come.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Serenity19
Keep Flying

Quote:
It's not the curve, otherwise none of us would be able to shoot high on our backhands. Hockeyfan68 is dead on in his post especially the part about the follow through. Once you understand that, if you still can't shoot high, most likely the puck is slipping off of your blade too soon. Try to work on adjusting the angle of your blade throughout the shot to keep the puck on your blade, even when both are off the ice and in the air. It's a feel more than anything. Also, it's harder to shoot high if you start your shot with the puck too far forward.

Serenity19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 04:55 PM
XxLidstromxX

I just bought the supreme one95 with this curve, and it's the best, my slappers go top shelf (thanks to hockeyfan68), my wristers are dead accurate. Use the follow through.

XxLidstromxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 06:53 PM
McMonster

I've used a PM9 for a long time and I now use an Easton Zetterberg which is the same thing and I have no problem lifting the puck.

Practice.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLidstromxX View Post
I just bought the supreme one95 with this curve, and it's the best, my slappers go top shelf (thanks to hockeyfan68), my wristers are dead accurate. Use the follow through.
I learned it from a guy on our highschool team who was really good, he took the time to show me.

I've learned a lot in this forum from others, it is a good forum for learning stuff even if someone has played a long time there is always something new to learn.

I learned how to make a broken OPS into a shaft and using replacement blades, I do not own one yet and have never as I use the 2 piece system but someday that knowledge will come in handy I am sure at some point I will own a broken one piece stick.

I also learned that you can heat up and remove a broken blade from a one piece that is actually a 2 piece. Honestly that would never have occured to me to try it and I would have chucked a broken stick in the trash can so thankls to the forum here for this stuff *cheers*

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 07:37 PM
AIREAYE

This season (my first), I had a NB Supreme One55 wood stick with a Gange P106, couldnt get my shots up. Got a One55 composite midway thru the season with a P92 Naslund curve, first shot on ice i took with it, got the puck topshelf... maybe you should try the P92

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 07:55 PM
dirtydevs9

Send a message via AIM to dirtydevs9
Thanks guys. I've always had good mechanics in my wristshot and snapshot, but I'll try and make some adjustments.

dirtydevs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinFan71 View Post
I've used a PM9 for a long time and I now use an Easton Zetterberg which is the same thing and I have no problem lifting the puck.

Practice.
Yup.

I have no problem going top shelf with the PM9.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
londonkni14

i used the pm9 for a long time and i switched to the p88. same thing but its just a deeper curve

londonkni14 is offline   Reply With Quote