HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Next Deadline - Qualifying Offers to RFA's

Old
06-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Next Deadline - Qualifying Offers to RFA's

Qualifying Offers have to be out to team RFA's by Monday 29 June 2009 5:00 pm "New York time" per the CBA.

If no QO is extended and salary arbitration has not been elected then that player becomes UFA.

QO's may not be accepted by a player until 1 July.

QO's automatically expire on 15 July but a team may unilaterally extend that date:
Quote:
A Qualifying Offer shall automatically expire at 5:00 p.m. New York time on July 15; provided, however, that the Club may by written notice to Central Registry and the NHLPA, sent in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, provided on or before 5:00 p.m. New York time on July 15, extend the deadline for Qualifying Offer acceptance to a date (which must be a fixed and definitive calendar date) determined in its sole discretion.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Obviously Wellwood, Hansen, and O'Brien will be qualified. McIver and Fitzgerald probably will be as well.

I doubt Ellis or Coulombe get qualifiers.

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:20 PM
rebel diamond

Out of the "big 3 RFA's" of Hansen, Wellwood, and O'Brien, I believe only the latter 2 are eligible to claim arbitration. I would suspect each of those three are due for a raise, but in none of those cases do I expect it to be an overly large amount.

If I was to start throwing numbers out there for the QO's, I would pallpark it at:
O'Brien: 1.1 on an expiring contract of 0.95
Wellwood: 1.2 on an expiring contract of 0.9975
Hansen: 0.95 on an expiring contract of 0.508333

Honestly, SOB is the only one with a chance of being offer-sheeted, and I'm pretty sure at any amount over 1.3 or so, we take the picks and walk.

rebel diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:23 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel diamond View Post
Out of the "big 3 RFA's" of Hansen, Wellwood, and O'Brien, I believe only the latter 2 are eligible to claim arbitration. I would suspect each of those three are due for a raise, but in none of those cases do I expect it to be an overly large amount.

If I was to start throwing numbers out there for the QO's, I would pallpark it at:

Honestly, SOB is the only one with a chance of being offer-sheeted, and I'm pretty sure at any amount over 1.3 or so, we take the picks and walk.
Actually I think Hansen will get an inconvenience offersheet from Toronto.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:23 PM
El Duderino

Quote:

What compensation would that be?

El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Black Belt Jones

Quote:

Am I missing something or isn't a RFA making less than 660,000 qualified by an offer of 110% of their salary? Hansen would be qualified at .56....Is that right or not

Black Belt Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:58 PM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 View Post
What compensation would that be?
~$1.3M is the cutoff between a 2nd & a 3rd.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Inker

I thought Wellwood was already offered a 2 year $3 million contract that he hasnt decided on yet

Inker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Jay Cee
P4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
I thought Wellwood was already offered a 2 year $3 million contract that he hasnt decided on yet
You must understand, it was some random blogger. It`s like when Eklund says anything. It means nothing...

Jay Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Inker

Fair enough, I never really gave it another thought to find out if it was true or not

Inker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 04:50 AM
Tripwyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Actually Tony Gallagher thinks Hansen will get an inconvenience offersheet from Toronto.
Fixed that for you.

Tripwyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Don't think he done enough to warrant that kind of increase.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Zorbane

As usual barring any massive overpayment no team will let their player go by offersheet

Zorbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:25 AM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Actually I think Hansen will get an inconvenience offersheet from Toronto.
There has been a few teams intrested in the big fast winger.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:49 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripwyre View Post
Fixed that for you.
What? So you all of a sudden know my thoughts and conclude that I don't think that?

I have stated this well before Gallagher even came out with his article...I don't think it's hard to figure out that an offersheet to Hansen is likely.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 12:55 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
What? So you all of a sudden know my thoughts and conclude that I don't think that?

I have stated this well before Gallagher even came out with his article...I don't think it's hard to figure out that an offersheet to Hansen is likely.
Burke has stated he hates Offer Sheets and won't be a GM who will use them. But then again it is Burke so you never know if he's lying to your face.

I don't see Hansen getting an offer sheet.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Bourdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Don't think he done enough to warrant that kind of increase.
If Bernier, Wellwood and Hansen played the same number of games, Hansen would have been on pace for 31 points, more than Wellwood, and one less than Bernier.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
If Bernier, Wellwood and Hansen played the same number of games, Hansen would have been on pace for 31 points, more than Wellwood, and one less than Bernier.

That's flawed logic. The reason Hansen didn't play the same number of games is because he started to play very poorly.

Jay Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Bourdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyatt4God View Post
That's flawed logic. The reason Hansen didn't play the same number of games is because he started to play very poorly.
He was also injured for 18 games. I don't think he was scratched because his play was bad, but rather the coaching staff lost confidence in him. If his play was bad enough to merit being a healthy scratch, Raymond shouldn't have played 72 games seeing as he finished with 2 more points than him in 17 more games.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Wetcoaster

Tampa's QO's

The Tampa Bay Lightning made qualifying offers to nine players today, Executive Vice President and General Manager Brian Lawton announced. Players receiving offers were C Blair Jones, RW Martins Karsums, D Lukas Krajicek, D Matt Lashoff, D Mike Lundin, G Karri Ramo, D Matt Smaby, LW Radek Smolenak and RW Lauri Tukonen.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=432135

Mike McKenna was one of last season's feel-good stories, but the Tampa Bay Lightning decided Monday the goaltender was not in the team's long-term plans and did not give him a qualifying offer, meaning he is a free agent. Tampa Bay also did not qualify Justin Keller, an eighth-round pick from the 2004 draft.
http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/...e-mckenna.html

Old
06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
pitseleh

Hopefully Gillis and Gilman don't forget to send out their QOs being in Sweden and all. haha

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyatt4God View Post
He was playing quite well until he was injured and out for a number of games. Then he lost his spot in a lineup which was really gelling and on a role. I think he only got back into a handful of regular season games(3 or 4) and 2 playoff games. Naturally he was rusty. But in Game 4 against the Blues, I thought he was superb. Over a full season, Hansen will be just fine IMO, and has a future as at least a solid 3rd line checker capable of 25-30 points.

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Hopefully Gillis and Gilman don't forget to send out their QOs being in Sweden and all. haha
Likely already been made. I am monitoring the team press releases to see when they are announced.

Some other QO and free agent news:

The Bruins gave Kessel his QO - so right to match. The Bruins did not qualify Wacey Rabbit - he is on the all-time animal name list along with Robin Big Snake.

The Rangers gave Zherdev his QO (one-year offer about $3.25 million.) Sjostrom did not receive a qualifying offer from Sather and will be UFA. It also looks like Antropov will go UFA as his agent is making demands Sather considers outrageous - since the agent is Mark Gandler no big surprise there.

Sabres qualifying offers to forwards Drew Stafford and Clarke MacArthur and defenseman Andrej Sekera.

Senators are not QOing D Brendan Bell reportedly due to cap issues- could be useful for the Canucks to look at. Not long ago he was projected as Top 6 D with good offensive upside.

St. Louis qualified D Roman Polak and F BJ Crombeen. The decision on qualifyng D Jeff Woywitka (65 games and averaged 18:28 of ice time last season, posting three goals and 15 assists) is yet to be made. If UFA another possible Dman to look at.

Florida QO'd David Booth and David Brine. No QO's for D Steve Eminger (acquired at the trade deadline for Noah Welch), D Franklin MacDonald, goalie David Shantz and F Drew Larman and F Tanner Glass. Eminger was always touted as powerplay QB but never seemed to live up to his promise, however he may be staying idf the price is right:
Quote:
In the case of Eminger, the issue right now is money. Because Eminger saw so much playing time in Tampa prior to the trade, he's likely to get a considerable bonus bump if he takes the Panthers to arbitration, and they don't feel he'd be worth bringing back at that price.

"It's not that we're not going to bring him back," Sexton said. "I spoke to his agent today. He's got a fairly strong arbitration case, and I'm not prepared at this point to put the organization at risk for a significant arbitration award. If after July 1, they'd like to come back and chat, we can."
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-and-more.html

Old
06-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
He was playing quite well until he was injured and out for a number of games. Then he lost his spot in a lineup which was really gelling and on a role. I think he only got back into a handful of regular season games(3 or 4) and 2 playoff games. Naturally he was rusty. But in Game 4 against the Blues, I thought he was superb. Over a full season, Hansen will be just fine IMO, and has a future as at least a solid 3rd line checker capable of 25-30 points.

~Canucklehead~
I agree.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Barney Gumble

Any thoughts here about "taking a flyer on this guy" (Steve Eminger)? Haven't really followed his career.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote