HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gainey tried (again) to acquire Lecavalier

Old
06-29-2009, 03:25 PM
TBLightningFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzBalla View Post

Dont be jealous because we won our stanley cup sooner than you. 16 year ago was your last one and prolly cant even remember it. Dont hate on Tampa because we have a better future than your team does. We have Vinny, Marty, Stamkos, Hedman, and Smith to build around. You guys dont even have half of your team signed. Just come out and say that you envy our team. We will forget about it. Yes we did celebrate out in front of our arena but so what. You guys have had hockey in your country for as long as it has been around. Hockey is new in Tampa. We are in FL where Football and Baseball rule the whole year. Winning stanley cups and having players like Vinny on our team helps Tampa grow as a hockey market. If you were a true hockey fan you would want to see hockey branch out to places like Tampa. Just because we have a player who you want so bad you will suck a dick for you dont have to hate on Tampa. You guys will always sell out no matter if your team sucks like they do now or not. You just dont understand what its like to be in a small market so dont tell us what you know about it.
Hockey is not new to Tampa. It so happens that many are transplants. Either way. There are plenty around that are well aware of hockey.

TBLightningFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Your avatar is great
Hahahahahah.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLightningFan View Post
Hockey is not new to Tampa. It so happens that many are transplants. Either way. There are plenty around that are well aware of hockey.
I didnt mean it that way. Its just meant compared to Montreal. People actually have no idea how much fans in Tampa know about hockey. Id say for all the south team besides the Washington Capitals we know the most. Its just like you said though the ones who arent die hard hockey fans in tampa and are just "fans" are bandwagon fans. Its like that for every sport though.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Boltsfan2029

[QUOTE=Jean Beliveau;20137574]
Quote:
Did you not celebrate your Stanley cup parade in a parking lot. How pathetic.
No, we didn't.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF82 View Post
haha i see what you did there.
I'm glad somebody does.

Old
06-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

[QUOTE=Jean Beliveau;20137574]
Quote:

If Lecavalier does not have the foresight to request a trade out of Tampa then I say let's move on and as much as I hate the thought of him wasting his talent in a brutal non hockey and joke of a market that is Tampa Bay. Did you not celebrate your Stanley cup parade in a parking lot. How pathetic.
I like the part where we swept, and Vinny smacked his stick against the glass after one of his goals.

Old
06-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Keep in mind that it was Gainey who named names and brought this up as an excuse for his team's performance in the playoffs, which is pretty shoddy on every level, as well.
Just wanting to set the record straight here... Lawton leaked the names back in January. Gainey repeated the names when the season was over.

Quote:
And you're entirely correct in saying "hasn't told the whole truth -- something which he is entitled to do as a GM, I suppose, but it does mean you can't take what he says at face value." I would suppose that could also apply to Mr. Gainey, so it would appear there's a distinct possibility that we're dealing with two potential lying sleazebags, and neither can be trusted!
Anyone who knows hockey, who knows Gainey, the way he is as a person and as a GM, basically anyone who knows what they're talking about also knows that Gainey is a reputable man, a man of honor. If you feel differently, it's unfortunate, really. Instead of lying, Gainey won't say anything and that's why he doesn't speak to the media very often.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 07:48 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
And you're entirely correct in saying "hasn't told the whole truth -- something which he is entitled to do as a GM, I suppose, but it does mean you can't take what he says at face value." I would suppose that could also apply to Mr. Gainey, so it would appear there's a distinct possibility that we're dealing with two potential lying sleazebags, and neither can be trusted!
I suppose one [ with lack of hockey in general] could apply it to Gainey but the difference is that Mr. Gainey is a well respected man in the NHL while Lawton is known by most of his peers and anyone that follows hockey as a lying sleazebag .

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 07:53 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
I suppose one [ with lack of hockey in general] could apply it to Gainey but the difference is that Mr. Gainey is a well respected man in the NHL while Lawton is known by most of his peers and anyone that follows hockey as a lying sleazebag .
Lawton is known by most of his peers AKA nhl GMs that he is a lying sleazebag? Please provide a link or anytype of proof.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Guess you don't know what the in my post meant. Be that as it may, all GMs lie. It's part of the game.

But, I'll give up and work on coming to grips with the apparent fact that everything our GM says is a lie, everything every other GM says is the truth, and absolutely, positively every rumor reported by every single source that has anything negative to do with or say about the Tampa Bay Lightning is credible beyond question.

Ya, that's the ticket.

Old
06-29-2009, 08:11 PM
mytor4*

As for getting Vinny why don't the Habs just forget him and set their sights on the Sedin twins. Sedins reportedly want 63M-12 year deal. Hell why not just offer the twins 56 mil over 8 yrs. We don't lose any assets and we get two players instead of one.This would mean giving them 7mil per year apiece but in contrast to giving Vinny 10 mil a yr for the next 10 the Sedins would be a much better solution.Sign the twins then build our team around them .Sigh only the ufa we want of our team to fill in the spots.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Dude what is it with Montreal and Vinny besides that he is from there? Its almost sick. Sure Lecavelier is good but you guys will have to give us a ton for it to happen. You guys really want to give up your whole team to get your fantasy dreamboy on your team. Give it a rest and he will never be on your team. What makes you think he would want to be on your team to begin with. Its freezing up there vs the warm sunny Tampa. He can just go home when its nice in Montreal during the summer. Sounds good to me. Plus he can walk around town in Tampa without getting bothered like he would in Montreal. Sounds like another plus. Not to mention your new coach has a New Jersey like trap scheme where Vinny would not be playing in a system that is made for him. How much pressure would he have in Montreal too after a big trade where you guys give up your whole team. Doesnt sound much fun to me. In Tampa he gets to be the guy and also have the space to relax. He has a supporting cast with Marty here and soon to be star Stamkos. He would have a much easier time succeeding with Tampa than he would on Montreal. He is never going to Montreal so you guys can continue to wack off to him in your dreams like you have since he was drafted.

Plus why would the Lightning give him up when we have the perfect pieces to build around to make another run at the cup in a few years. We have two centers that would be number one centers on most teams. Marty St Louis who can score, is cheap, and has arguably the biggest heart of any player in the league. We just drafted our franchise defensemen in Hedman. We have a good goalie who just needs to stay healthy. If the team is smart and builds around those players they will be right back in the mix again for a Cup like they were in 04. Montreal fans are just jealous that we are in Tampa FL and you guys are in the heart of Hockey and you dont have a better future than the Lightning does. Its pretty sad. Why dont you guys just start to be smart about your team and draft well instead of trying to buy a cup every year.
You finished almost last with Vinny. I don't think rookie Hedman will suddenly turn this franchise around. I think it's whether the team finish last for the next 5 years while paying a guy 7 million or you finish last while not paying this contract, plus getting a well of you prospects to boot.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Just wanting to set the record straight here... Lawton leaked the names back in January. Gainey repeated the names when the season was over.

Anyone who knows hockey, who knows Gainey, the way he is as a person and as a GM, basically anyone who knows what they're talking about also knows that Gainey is a reputable man, a man of honor. If you feel differently, it's unfortunate, really. Instead of lying, Gainey won't say anything and that's why he doesn't speak to the media very often.
A man of honor who uses Brian Lawton as an excuse for putting together a team that fell apart in the playoffs. What a piss poor excuse.

Lawton was so terrible, according to Gainey, that he went right back to negotiating with him. So terrible.

Old
06-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
A man of honor who uses Brian Lawton as an excuse for putting together a team that fell apart in the playoffs. What a piss poor excuse.

Lawton was so terrible, according to Gainey, that he went right back to negotiating with him. So terrible.
Montréal fell apart long before the playoffs.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Montréal fell apart long before the playoffs.
Well, that certainly fits since "Gainey said the distraction was a factor in his team's second-half collapse." My bad for thinking he only blamed the playoffs on it when he was actually passing the buck for half the season!

Old
06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

You believe what you want, it's a free country. However, the fact remains that Gainey used the leaking of the players names as only a small part of the Habs' poor season, although some here attempt to make it a bigger part than what Gainey said himself. It was a mere quick sentence in a 30 minute press conference. But fill your boots as it makes Tampa look better... or does it?

Old
06-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
You believe what you want, it's a free country. However, the fact remains that Gainey used the leaking of the players names as only a small part of the Habs' poor season, although some here attempt to make it a bigger part than what Gainey said himself. It was a mere quick sentence in a 30 minute press conference. But fill your boots as it makes Tampa look better... or does it?
Has nothing to do with how it makes us look. Not like Lawton/OK/LB had anything to say about it. Just funny when you put together a team that only has one person who really gets his nose dirty (Lang), don't go deep in the playoffs, and then blame it on trade discussions (which, as others have pointed out, have been going on since 1999).

Old
06-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:

Thats what Im saying. They want Vinny so bad its almost sick. They havent stopped trying to trade for him since he got into this league. Hes like their God and savior .Let go already and focus on the guys you already have on your roster. Not on somebody on the Lightning who you all claim to be soooo much better than

Old
06-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Thats what Im saying. They want Vinny so bad its almost sick. They havent stopped trying to trade for him since he got into this league. Hes like their God and savior .Let go already and focus on the guys you already have on your roster. Not on somebody on the Lightning who you all claim to be soooo much better than
Its understandable. If you've ever spent time in Montreal and saw the heritage of the team, it makes sense. For a long time, it was just francophones, and a lot of cups. Kind of want to relive the glory days, but there is much more diversity in the league now.

But back to the Lawton bashing. Asterix, where did you go?

Old
06-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
But back to the Lawton bashing. Asterix, where did you go?
He's an idiot and a slime ball... but I think that I've said that already.

Old
06-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Its understandable.
I guess if he schooled my team in 4 strait wins to sweep my team in the playoffs then I would want him on my team too

Old
06-29-2009, 10:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

What's ridiculous is that people actually believe this.

But then again BBM/whatever his name his now has proven he'll guzzle whatever Kool-Aid Tampa Bay ownership throws his way.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:02 PM
CaptBrannigan

Quote:

Gainey fired his minor league coaching staff, giving them no reason. He did it by phone. That is neither reputable, nor a sign of a "man of honor". Gainey's not the angel you describe.

If Gainey wasn't trying to deflect criticism of his team's crash and burn, then why even say anything? It was either that or he was trying to take a jab because he didn't get his deal. Again, neither reputable nor honorable.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Ginoro

I wonder how many times this needs to be said but eh... He didn't fire them, he told them they wouldn't be offered new contracts! Their contracts were ending this summer... Are GMs meeting with each and every players that they're not going to resign ?

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:08 PM
CaptBrannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginoro View Post
I wonder how many times this needs to be said but eh... He didn't fire them, he told them they wouldn't be offered new contracts! Their contracts were ending this summer... Are GMs meeting with each and every players that they're not going to resign ?
No offense to you, but I'll believe the quotes from those involved.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote