HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
I don't think the Blues are going to try and poach him without an agreement. Do you know if there was any interviews done with Lehtera after he came back from the AHL? I'm curious on what his thoughts about the league and NA hockey are and if it is now in his plans to come to the AHL for a while after his contract is up there in Finland. He's a real interesting prospect and one that doesn't get talked about much but could make an impact a couple years down the road.
Sorry, I'm not aware of any interviews.

There's no fear of the Blues poaching Lehterä, as it seems Finnish hockey fed and the NHL will sign a transfer agreement "within the next few days", as per head of the federation Kalervo Kummola. So if the Blues want to sign him, they can.

Old
06-16-2009, 10:44 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Sorry, I'm not aware of any interviews.

There's no fear of the Blues poaching Lehterä, as it seems Finnish hockey fed and the NHL will sign a transfer agreement "within the next few days", as per head of the federation Kalervo Kummola. So if the Blues want to sign him, they can.
Well that's good news and hopefully all goes as planned and the Blues pick him up. That would most assuredly pencil me in for a weekend trip to Peoria. Eller, Palushaj, Sonne, and Lehterä!

Old
06-16-2009, 10:52 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBluesFan View Post
I have a question. I know it's time. When is the next game for Rivermen? I know it's soon.
I don't think the Rivermen start up until September or so. I may be mistaken, but they usually play the Blues in a scrimmage during training camp, but I'm not sure how that will work with the season starting early in Europe.

Old
06-17-2009, 11:00 AM
txbluesfan44

Peoria forwards for 2009-2010

Was sketching out what the forwards may look like at Peoria next year and wanted to get thoughts on cheaper, younger UFA fowards (Winchester and Paddock types) who could round out the forward lines and help in a pinch if called upon by the big club. Who's out there of interest?

Eller
Sonne
Palushaj
Tolbert
Drazenovic
Paddock
Porter
Lehtera (possibly)
Livingston (possibly)
Reaves
Soares (Peoria or Alaska?)
Kana (Peoria or Alaska?)

others?????

Old
06-17-2009, 02:00 PM
STL fan in IA

Livingston isn't an option for Peoria since he still has Jr eligibility. I wouldn't be surprised if Whitfield and Regier are re-signed. Anthony Peluso will be in Peoria next season. I wouldn't count on it but Lemtyugov technically has another year on his contract so I suppose he's a possibility. I'd like to see what Soares can do with extended time in the AHL. He just needs to concentrate on contributing defensively instead of strickly thinking offense. Kana...oy...don't get me started.

Where they'll really need to sign some folks is at defense. Depending on who all stays with the Blues, they'll probably have Strachan, Wagner, Junland, Hellstrom and Fast with the Rivermen. They'll need a couple more.

They're pretty much set at goalie with Holt and Bishop with Lamoureux also deserving of an AHL shot.

Old
06-20-2009, 07:18 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Livingston isn't an option for Peoria since he still has Jr eligibility. I wouldn't be surprised if Whitfield and Regier are re-signed. Anthony Peluso will be in Peoria next season. I wouldn't count on it but Lemtyugov technically has another year on his contract so I suppose he's a possibility. I'd like to see what Soares can do with extended time in the AHL. He just needs to concentrate on contributing defensively instead of strickly thinking offense. Kana...oy...don't get me started.

Where they'll really need to sign some folks is at defense. Depending on who all stays with the Blues, they'll probably have Strachan, Wagner, Junland, Hellstrom and Fast with the Rivermen. They'll need a couple more.

They're pretty much set at goalie with Holt and Bishop with Lamoureux also deserving of an AHL shot.
Maybe this is why he just sat and watched the Rivermen play. I still find it strange that his presence wasn't explained, but oh well...

Old
06-21-2009, 12:46 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Maybe this is why he just sat and watched the Rivermen play. I still find it strange that his presence wasn't explained, but oh well...
The plan all along for him was to just practice with the team and get a feel for the pro game. He knew going into it he wasn't going to get into a game. I'm pretty sure Eminian had something on this. It's not like he couldn't have played for them though. Since his season with the Greyhounds was over by that point, that's why he was able to report to the Rivermen. He'll have to play for the Greyhounds again next season (unless he somehow makes the Blues which isn't going to happen) but could then play for the Rivs again once his season with Sault Ste. Marie is over.

Old
06-21-2009, 04:31 AM
execwrite

Free agent RW Jonathan Filewich signed a contract with Red Bull
Posted: 9 days 3 hrs 11 mins ago. | Source CBSSports.com
Player: Jonathan Filewich rss icon
Jonathan Filewich

News: Free agent RW Jonathan Filewich signed a contract with Red Bull Salzburg in Austria Thursday. The Blues had picked up the career minor leaguer from Pittsburgh in December for a conditional sixth-round draft pick in 2010. [...]

Old
06-21-2009, 08:12 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Removed by author.

Last edited by PocketNines: 06-24-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old
06-21-2009, 08:49 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Didn't realize it was conditional, wonder what it was/if it was met. Late pick, but still. That's how we have to get our Zetterberg, heh.
I'm gonna guess the Blues get the pick back.

Old
06-24-2009, 11:18 AM
cjerina

Any idea if Eric Neilson will be back with Peoria next season?

Old
06-25-2009, 05:33 AM
execwrite

Blues (Rivermen) re-sign Payne and Thompson to contract extensions.

Another good move by the or-gan-i-za-tion.

Old
06-25-2009, 12:15 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
Any idea if Eric Neilson will be back with Peoria next season?
It's really tough to say. These things are so hard to read with players like him in the AHL. He's a great guy, but has a very limited role as a fighter/enforcer. And, I must say, he does a wonderful job keeping other teams honest. The Blues are starting to funnel more and more prospects each season, which means that he may not be around next year. Ryan Reaves should be healthy and can take some of the enforcing duties.

Old
06-26-2009, 12:45 PM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Free agent RW Jonathan Filewich signed a contract with Red Bull
Posted: 9 days 3 hrs 11 mins ago. | Source CBSSports.com
Player: Jonathan Filewich rss icon
Jonathan Filewich

News: Free agent RW Jonathan Filewich signed a contract with Red Bull Salzburg in Austria Thursday. The Blues had picked up the career minor leaguer from Pittsburgh in December for a conditional sixth-round draft pick in 2010. [...]
As did Steve Regier, according to this:

Elite Prospects - Confirmed Transfers

Interesting to note that Ryan Duncan is listed on the roster as well.

Old
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
As did Steve Regier, according to this:

Elite Prospects - Confirmed Transfers

Interesting to note that Ryan Duncan is listed on the roster as well.
Thanks for the link. Sorry to see Regier go, he was good AHL depth.

Old
06-30-2009, 12:18 AM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

I know I ask this before. I wanna know when is the frist game for Riverman?

Old
06-30-2009, 02:18 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBluesFan View Post
I know I ask this before. I wanna know when is the frist game for Riverman?
Schedules haven't been released yet but I'm going to take a wild guess and say it'll be Oct 9th at 7:10 pm (game won't actually get started until 7:17:43 pm) against Chicago.

Old
07-06-2009, 10:10 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

They said online that it's 88 days till Rivermen frist game for 09-10. It’s the 88 deal. The 2009-10 AHL season is 88 days from its start, as of Tuesday.

Old
07-08-2009, 11:30 PM
ChicagoBlues

The Dallas Stars will have a new AHL affiliate at least through the 2009-10 season; the Texas Stars.

That means Vishnevskiy and Conner will probably no longer be loaned out to Peoria in the future.

Old
07-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
The Dallas Stars will have a new AHL affiliate at least through the 2009-10 season; the Texas Stars.

That means Vishnevskiy and Conner will probably no longer be loaned out to Peoria in the future.
He'll either be in WBS or Pittsburgh.

Old
07-09-2009, 12:12 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
He'll either be in WBS or Pittsburgh.
Right you are. Conner was signed last Saturday. Either way neither will be on Peoria's roster.

Old
07-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Robb_K

Quote:

Just as well. The Blues need room for a growing number of decent prospects who may have NHL potential. Better to have more room in their AHL affiliate, than to need to stick 3 of their players in The ECHL, if the basic playing level is below their current abilities. It may make the difference between a player from Europe deciding to stay in North America, if The Blues have no room for him in The AHL. I know that most of us wouldn't feel that a player not willing to play in Alaska doesn't have the right attitude. But, we have to remember that these are young kids, and there are factors other than money, language, comfortability and dedication that come into play in such decisions.

The bottom line is more room usually means more space for "hands on" training by OUR organisation of more of our prospects, rather than less. In the long run, that's got to be a plus for the system.

Last edited by Robb_K: 07-09-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old
07-09-2009, 12:28 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Just as well. The Blues need room for a growing number of decent prospects who may have NHL potential. Better to have more room in their NHL affiliate, than to need to stick 3 of their players in The ECHL, if the basic playing level is below their current abilities. It may make the difference between a player from Europe deciding to stay in North America, if The Blues have no room for him in The AHL. I know that most of us wouldn't feel that a player not willing to play in Alaska doesn't have the right attitude. But, we have to remember that these are young kids, and there are factors other than money, language, comfortability and dedication that come into play in such decisions.

The bottom line is more room usually means more space for "hands on" training by OUR organisation of more of our prospects, rather than less. In the long run, that's got to be a plus for the system.
I totally agree. I've written countless times that management needs to take a more wholistic approach with their assets; humans. I totally get it and was making no value judgment whatsoever on those two loans not being with Peoria any longer.

The Rivs' roster will be stocked this coming season.

Old
07-09-2009, 03:22 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Anyone know the deal with Iowa's AHL team (I believe its Anaheim's affiliate)? I saw a blurb on the NHL Network ticker that their team was "involuntarily suspended" from play next season. I think the owner was trying to sell the team, so I imagine its some financial issue....but the AHL board of governors evidently suspended them a couple days ago for the season.

So, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of Anaheim farming prospects out to different teams.

They can send their AHL team down here to Albuquerque if they want!

Old
07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Anyone know the deal with Iowa's AHL team (I believe its Anaheim's affiliate)? I saw a blurb on the NHL Network ticker that their team was "involuntarily suspended" from play next season. I think the owner was trying to sell the team, so I imagine its some financial issue....but the AHL board of governors evidently suspended them a couple days ago for the season.

So, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of Anaheim farming prospects out to different teams.

They can send their AHL team down here to Albuquerque if they want!
Dallas Stars' owner, Tom Hicks, was on the verge of purchasing the Iowa Stars franchise, but did not in the end. Things are very touchy between the AHL's brass and Tom Hicks/The Texas Stars. We talked about this a little over at the Stars boards.

Closed Thread