HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Time

Old
06-27-2009, 11:11 PM
echlfreak

vCash: 500
FA Time

What are the chances that DP makes a doozy UFA year like last year?

2008-09 Pick Ups

Gratton
Grant
Ward
Jones
MacIntrye

Followed by a stellar Trade Dead Line

Nobody

How do you lose Radulov, Zidlicky, Mason, Hlavac, Gelinas, Hordichuk, Bochenski and then sit on your hands for a FULL season picking up only Belak and Jessiman???

With roughly 13-14M to spend this team should be MUCH improved over last years hope and prayer. A top 4 D, 2 Top 6 fwds and fill it out with role players.

There are lots of great players available this year, take your pick.

F:

Sykora
Sullivan
Knuble
Kotalik
Cole
Gionta

D:

Foster
Boucher
Skrastins
Hnidy
Bergeron

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 05:46 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I really like Cole, Kotalik, and obviously Sullivan. Gionta will likely be out of our price range. I suspect Cole will as well. I would not be surprised to see Ales Kotalik suit up for the Predators next year. Anyone know how his relationship was with Dumont?

06-29-2009, 10:41 PM
braindead

I was thinking Kotalik as well but then I thought I saw a couple of weeks ago that he was looking for much bigger $$$$ than I expected. 4.5M? 5M? He could be a good call if the price isn't too high. You would think some guys would be interested b/c of the chance to play top line minutes. There aren't too many teams that can guarantee that spot to an UFA. I assume he can flip over to the left side easily enough.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:53 AM
dulzhok

"We're very happy to announce that we have re-signed Vern Fidler. He has been an integral part of our team, and we're confident he will be raising Lord Stanley's Cup over his head soon."

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 06:14 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Considering Kotalik has only scored above 50 points once (62 in 05-06) and has hovered around 40 total points the last 3 seasons (and less than that his entire career), I would say that is a pipe dream. Kotalik should receive somewhere around 2-2.5 annually. Anything more is pushing it. If he gets over three, than something seriously wrong has occurred.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 07:34 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

There are going to be a LOT of forwards in play this year. As poile mentioned, everyone is having a hard time resigning their own guys due to the issues next season, but what I think is going to hurt guys like Ward and even Sullivan is that with higher-profile talent on the market(with the latest report that Tanguay and Koivu will be added to the mix), it's going to be harder for them to gain focus. It's going to be one of the more interesting, peculiar FA periods in recent memory, I think.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
flamesfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Considering Kotalik has only scored above 50 points once (62 in 05-06) and has hovered around 40 total points the last 3 seasons (and less than that his entire career), I would say that is a pipe dream. Kotalik should receive somewhere around 2-2.5 annually. Anything more is pushing it. If he gets over three, than something seriously wrong has occurred.
I agree with this as well, in today's tight cash cap era...i can't see a team "overpaying" for a Kotalik. 2M to 2.5M maximum.

Look at production to contract comparisons of Burrows, Moss and Bernier.

flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:40 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Kotalik should receive somewhere around 2-2.5 annually. Anything more is pushing it. If he gets over three, than something seriously wrong has occurred.
Don't we say this every year about a bunch of players entering the UFA market and don't the majority seem to sign for more than we thought? I think it's the nature of the UFA market and one of the dangers of attempting to build your team through it.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
surprised Sully hasn't been re-signed, yet.

Cole could be a decent project for you guy - think he'd fit in.

Knuble would be a good addition, but not at this time for your club.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 06:19 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Cole or Antropov would be perfect alongside Legwand and Erat. Kotalik might be a good fit alongside Arnott and Dumont, if the price is right. If we re-sign Sullivan, though, I'd still like to see Kotalik add a little skill and speed to the third line, even if it's at the expense of grit.

We also need a third line center. Ever since the Worlds, Poile has gotten less confident in Wilson's ability to play at the NHL level immediately. O'Reilly struggled when separated from Sullivan, so he may still need more time. Adding a 40 point player to center our third line is a must. A lack of secondary scoring killed us last year, and that's a great way to remedy that problem. Reinprecht would have been ideal if Florida hadn't already signed him.

We'll still need a top four blue liner unless the team is really sold on Blum to make the team out of camp. Oduya went off the market today, so the best candidate may be someone like Jaro Spacek, who can be had for relatively little money on a one or two year deal. I don't see us signing any defenseman to a longer term deal. Blum should be ready by the end of next year at the latest.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:13 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

if Zanon walks, which I think he will, I'd like to see someone like McKee brought in to replace him, 1 year cheaply, which should be doable given his injury issues.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:23 PM
echlfreak

if mckee is bought out then for sure people will be low balling him...Nashville speciality. And McKee would be great for the right price. Maybe Dumont his ex-teammate could get him here?

Nashville better be up to something good this year! There are rumors of Camelleri (bad spelling) via Eklund

But, the Nashville papers have DP quoted as saying the market is tough to determine

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote