HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

RBK 7K vs Warrior MacDaddy vs Warrior Dolomite

Old
06-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Kickassguy
High-End Intangible

vCash: 621
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
RBK 7K vs Warrior MacDaddy vs Warrior Dolomite

Basically, see title. Anyone have experience with these sticks, or have opinions on which you prefer/which is the best? I broke my stick last game and am looking at one of those three as a replacement (they're on clearance at the local Cyclone's). Which would you choose? What have you used/liked/disliked?

Kickassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 500
Ive used the MD and the Dolo, i definately preferred the Dolomite to the Mac Daddy and i wouldnt use a Reebok unless its the 10k.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:00 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

You could use the dolomite as a baseball bat and it wouldn't break. That's all I know about it.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 10:01 AM
alexthekidd

7k is not a bad stick, not spectacular by any sense but no glaring deficiencies. It was a solid stick, lasted well.

Mac Daddy is a very nice stick, good feel, fairly light. Had a blast with one for a few trainings though if I recall correctly there were some durability issues.

Haven't used the dolomite so can't comment, though i understand that its a fused OPS, so if u break the blade you can heat it up and remove the head and have a good shaft as opposed to having to cut and flip.

alexthekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Placebo Effect

I have two 7k's and they're decent. They've served me well but aren't anything spectacular but I also don't have much to compare it to. I haven't used the Warriors. How much are they at clearance? I have a game tonight in Richmond and may stop by and check. Wonder if the other locations are doing it too, I would assume so...

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Kickassguy
High-End Intangible

vCash: 621
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick The Rypper View Post
I have two 7k's and they're decent. They've served me well but aren't anything spectacular but I also don't have much to compare it to. I haven't used the Warriors. How much are they at clearance? I have a game tonight in Richmond and may stop by and check. Wonder if the other locations are doing it too, I would assume so...
It's not a steal of a deal or anything, but since they're last year's models, Ice Level here has the MacDaddy at $169, I think. The Cyclone's on Oak Street has the Dolomite and a 7K for around the same price.

Kickassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Saved*

I've used all 3. If I had to rank them based on my shot?

Dolomite
MacDaddy

Stick handling, I preferred the 7k. Felt the puck a bit better than my Dolo. Receiving and giving passes.. probably the 7k as well.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:50 PM
stick9

I'd buy the Dolomite. It's a solid performing stick built like a tank. One of the guys I skate with uses the 7k and his blades are destroyed.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:56 PM
jimmy1100

I too, would go with the Dolomite. I've had one for about 4 months now and it really is built like a tank. Definately not as much feel on the puck, but it does perform very well and is extremely durable.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I used a Dolo all last year and it's still going strong, tons of kick with it and very durable.

I bought a new Dolo with the HD blade and the puck feel is improved, but it's still stiff (need to break it in) and I've heard bad things about the new HD blades, even though I haven't had any problems with it (only used it for a month though).

I can't imagine the MacDaddy is too far off from the Dolo except maybe a bit lighter in weight (same basic shaft and blade, just different construction).

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote