HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nobody wants Heatley.

Old
06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
30 teams would like to have Heatley on their roster. Unfortunately he doesnt want to be on at least one of them, and the other 29 don't want to give up the assets, have the cap space, and/or the budget to fit him in.
Any fans that say they wouldnt want him on their team for any other than the above noted reasons are delusional, and only saying so because they know their team has no chance in aquiring him(like Burke).
But I still think Sens fans are going to be very disapointed in what they get in return for Heatley

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
My logic is that at some point, Murray has to cut his losses. If he doesn't, the debacle could destroy any chance for the Sens to compete, and with it, Murray probably loses his job.

My point is that it's a lot easier for Heatley to play poorly and lower his value forcing Murray's hand to get him out, than it is for him to play spectacular and raise his value to incent someone to overpay based on Murray's expectation.
This is one of Heatley's worst seasons. If he regresses further, I doubt there will be teams interested.

My opinion is that Murray will stand strong on his desired value.
Besides, Heatley isn't the type of player to just purposely regress his play.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
This is one of Heatley's worst seasons. If he regresses further, I doubt there will be teams interested.

My opinion is that Murray will stand strong on his desired value.
Besides, Heatley isn't the type of player to just purposely regress his play.
You might very well be right.

I just don't think that Heatley has the ability to improve his play enough to increase his trade value to allow Murray to cornhole someone in a deal. I think it more likely that the Sens struggle to the point where Murray is motivated to get a deal done.

Like I said - you very well could be right. I just don't think that a hot start from Heatley is going to change anyone's minds on meeting Murray's current expectation for a deal. Also, once the season starts, I think the salary cap is going to make it harder to get a deal done as well.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
That's why he's been freeing up cap space ever since he became GM, right? Honestly, people need to think about what they're saying sometimes.
Then theres no way possible hes trading Heatley without taking a bad contract in return.

There isnt going to be some rebuild return, nor is there going to be anything that many a casual fan will consider a worthy return for the guy who's been the greatest scoring forward since the lock out, considering it was Heatley who demanded to be traded.

Lets make a few things clear;

Hes not going to get equal value, nor should any team give him such.
Chicago isnt a good trading partner considering Campbell is mos def coming back, and I dont blame Murray one bit in wanting that, and Iam a Blackhawks expert.
Many of the trade preposals on this board are extremely unrealistic, and borderline looney. Its either over/under value with nothing that could be considered even, so why bother trying to speculate.
Murray, if he was smart, would just let him sit out the season and use the cap room to make his team better, considering they need it.
Expecting Heatley to play this year is stupid, since hes already burned that bridge, and if Murray doesnt act soon, hes hurting the Sens.

Flapjack fact #64- only eats hamburgers with fresh,fresh raw onion.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:36 PM
AintLifeGrand

Dany Heatley has no concept of Honor.

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:42 PM
hfboardsuser

What's interesting to me is that through all this, we've yet to hear of a KHL team or teams expressing interest in him. I would have expected his agent to begin sniffing around for potential places to play if he truly was interested in holding out.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:44 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Then theres no way possible hes trading Heatley without taking a bad contract in return.
The Sens have two options, really: get a bluechip young talent or talents + a bad contract

or

Get two or three mid-level prospects and a first.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
The Sens have two options, really: get a bluechip young talent or talents + a bad contract

or

Get two or three mid-level prospects and a first
it's not that simple...teams have to send money the other way. it need not be a "bad" contract...but it's going to be a veteran making decent money...there's no way around that.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Good. We'll keep him until the teams run out of players of his abilities....(at the Free Agency)

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post

or

Get two or three mid-level prospects and a first.

This is what Ive been saying all along.

Flapjack fact- considers the value menu at McDonalds a really big happy meal

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Dany Heatley: "Nobody wants me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat some worms."

LOL

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote