HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gandler wants at least $5 million per for Antropov

Old
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Isles_Guy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spanky View Post
Its the truth though. Are you going to try and deny that Sather consistently overpays UFAs?
no that particular individual likes to give infractions for trolling for anything he doesnt agree with. I'm giving him a chance to police himself and see if he'll show some decency and do it to himself. If he does he'll gain respect. Especially since how can you criticize others for what he has done but He'll probably ignore it because he feels he is better than the rest of us

its the principle

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:46 PM
MitchRobichaud

Send a message via Skype™ to MitchRobichaud
I think i'm one of the only Leafs fans that was a little sad to see Antropov go, even though i knew it had to be done. I'm happy Burke traded him, cause if not he probly would have beaten the crap out of him when he asked for 5 million a year. I do like Antropov's game and if i was in need of a second line player i'd throw 3.5-4 million a year for 4 or 5 years at him. In the 2007-2008 season, Antropov was playing very physical and looking like Lindros (checking players who came in to check in while he had the puck). If he would be able to play that physical every season, the guy would be a force.

MitchRobichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:48 PM
MitchRobichaud

Send a message via Skype™ to MitchRobichaud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
no that particular individual likes to give infractions for trolling for anything he doesnt agree with. I'm giving him a chance to police himself and see if he'll show some decency and do it to himself. If he does he'll gain respect. Especially since how can you criticize others for what he has done but He'll probably ignore it because he feels he is better than the rest of us

its the principle
Yeh.. i got an infraction not long ago for a similar comment about another team.. i believe he's also out of line dissing the Ranger's management.

MitchRobichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:59 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

You know it's bad when SATHER refuses to overpay for him.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Antropov's put up higher PPG than Malone pretty much his entire career. I don't really see what other aspects of the game Malone has an edge in, besides physical play. I'd take Antropov at an identical salary any day.
There are nearly identical in PPG over their career.

Id say he has a decided edge in goal scoring. 4 out of 5 seasons Malone has been in the league hes scored 20+, the same definitely cant be said for Antropov. Malone has 19 less goals in 159 less games.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 10:30 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 86
Yes, he'll DEFINITELY get 5 million a year, because, you know, Antropov is just that good! [/sarcasm]

Get real Antropov.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 02:23 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

5 million is a lot, but you have to factor in that there are teams with a lot of cap room who can afford to gamble on this guy

Also, the deal breaker in these types of contracts is always a NMC or an extra year or two. Lots of GM's are so desperate and stubborn to get better, they give in to player demands, which is why tools like Redden get 6 years and an NMC

My guess is Antro gets 4 years 17-18 million with a NTC

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 02:25 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
You know it's bad when SATHER refuses to overpay for him.
The cap prevented him. You know if this scenario was in 2004, Antro would get 7 years and 45 million from Sather

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
He's definitely going to market, and will be seeking 5 years at 5.25 now. Good luck.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
If David Bolland was able to achieve the contract terms that he did, I see no reason why Nikolai Antropov cannot achieve the terms he is seeking.

Pure Rock Fury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:46 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

It's always fun watching these types of players get shunned in FA.

smackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Levitate

Hey guys I hear Sather pays a lot for free agents, watch me make a joke about it! Haha I'm so clever and witty

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:47 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
Wait, he fired his old agent and then picks up Gandler?

He must not want to play in the NHL again...
My thoughts exactly.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
bunjay

antropov is not a fast skater, but he has great puckhandling skills and a good shot. put him on a line with a couple faster guys and it's all gravy.

he is also defensively responsible and with his reach quite effective on the PK, not to mention the PP.

i think he's worth at most $4mil to a team that needs what he brings.

take note: he got BETTER without sundin. i guess he's a late bloomer a la franzen.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:38 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Gandler sucks balls.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:41 PM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Gandler sucks balls.
Antropov too.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
ShootIt

Start high, end up around what you really expected to get.
4.25 over 4 years is my guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
stop trolling you have a thing against the rangers why dont you give yourself an infraction. as youve done to several others

I want everyone in this thread to be aware that this moderator has an obvious dislike for the rangers and he just trolled

if youre as principled as you claimed to be lets see you give yourself an infraction. and im not being disrespectful. Im giving you the opportunity to hold yourself to the standard you hold others to

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:26 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Is Antropov the kind of player that wouldn't have second thought about just ditching and going to th KHL?
No, he is a Canadian citizen and his home is in Toronto.

Too bad for the Rangers, Antropov was their best forward overall during his time there and without him they may not make the playoffs.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play To Win View Post
If David Bolland was able to achieve the contract terms that he did, I see no reason why Nikolai Antropov cannot achieve the terms he is seeking.
I find it funny that you're comparing Antropov to a 23 YO kid with about 120 NHL games, who led his team in icetime for forwards in the P/O's, and has singificant room to grow.

With Antropov WYSIWYG. He's a streaky scorer, who can contribute on a scoring line. I'd be surprised if he made significantly more than $4M, but that's just me.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I find it funny that you're comparing Antropov to a 23 YO kid with about 120 NHL games, who led his team in icetime for forwards in the P/O's, and has singificant room to grow.

With Antropov WYSIWYG. He's a streaky scorer, who can contribute on a scoring line. I'd be surprised if he made significantly more than $4M, but that's just me.
Paying for potential is almost always a mistake. I think Chicago will be regretting that deal when it comes time to sign Toews and Kane.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:54 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Paying for potential is almost always a mistake. I think Chicago will be regretting that deal when it comes time to sign Toews and Kane.
Worked with Hartnell, worked with Kesler.

I'm not arguing, but it does sometimes pan out.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:57 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Worked with Hartnell, worked with Kesler.

I'm not arguing, but it does sometimes pan out.
This is true. Still, its high risk, low reward.

Old
06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
That might be true, but to play devil's advocate. What was the BEST non-entry level deal for last year & next year? IMO, by far and away it was Duncan Keith - $1.44M cap hit. Hawks gambled and signed him to a 5 year deal when he was an undersized 5/6 kind of guy, and he blossomed into a top 10 d-man in the league.

I realize that for every Keith there are 2-3 guys like Penner or Olesz, but Bolland is a pretty slick hockey player. Not flashy or fancy, just sneakily effective, and if he progress like I think he can, this was the Hawks only chance to lock him up long term. If the Hawks paid him $2.5M for 2 years, he'd have his arbitration rights after the Toews, Keith & Kane extensions (HOPEFULLY!) and he'd very likely be gone. Now, Hawks fans have to hope they can get those guys locked up with minimal harm.

And let's be serious - saving $800K on Bolland's contract wasn't going to help that much on the TKK deals. The Hawks are probably looking at having to do something with Sopel & Buff at that point. At least now they've got Bolland locked up long term.

And how can you say it's low reward? If Bolland turns into Richards (or Gilmour) lite, and is a 60 point guy (very possible IMO) playing in every situation making $3.3M - how is that low reward?

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 05:12 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
And how can you say it's low reward? If Bolland turns into Richards (or Gilmour) lite, and is a 60 point guy (very possible IMO) playing in every situation making $3.3M - how is that low reward?
Thats true, you make a pretty good case. There's arguments for both sides, and you make a good point about it not being low reward. Still, I don't like the idea of paying for potential, and I think for every player it works out advantageously for like Keith, you get a Byfuglien, Olesz, etc. who is still effective but just overpaid a bit. I'd be willing to bet that the negatives outweigh the positives.