HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bolland Re-signs 5 year Deal

Old
06-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Flapjack*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
You are thinking of Cullimore. Klemm left the year prior.

I stand corrected.

Flapjack fact #153- Can eat a whole dunkin donut, jelly, in two bites.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Barnaby
Klemm- I lied
Cullimore
Auigroin
Khabby
Campbell
Huet
Lapointe
Curtis Brown

Thats three, your right.

No. This team isnt rebuilding, this team was built to win now.
The rebuilt was done last year, with the two horrid signings last summer as proof.Tallon gambled the development of this team with those signings to win a Cup LAST year, and Failed.There were too many financial uncertainties this off season with the cap coming into play for this team not to go all in last year.

And by depleating this team of its depth makes them better?
Explain that one.

Kopitar and Statsny wave to you while they cash their checks.
Unless you think they are better, more important players to their respected teams than TKK are to the Hawks.
But then again, you had Hawk fans saying BBV were going to be signed for 4.5/6 million between them and Havlats taking a hometown discount....just throw away market value, right?Hows all that working out?

Flapjack fact #624- Loves breakfast jacks from jack in the box
Scarcely any of those players factor into the present situation...other than the fact they helped ice terrible teams that allowed us to draft our present roster. This team wasn't winning the cup with those signings last year. It was their first year to even MAKE the playoffs in HOW long??? Like this group of 20 somethings, fresh outta college and juniors for the most part was just going to take down the league? We're the youngest team in the league! (Link: http://www.fromtherink.com/2008/10/2...l-teams-by-age) And even then, even if it IS true that there were too many uncertainties with this team going forward to not take a gamble and go all in last season...you're going to bust his balls for doing it? LOL Wow. A GM that took a shot at winning. SHAME ON HIM! THE AUDACITY! How dare he try to go against the Detroit Red Wings of the world! You just don't get it.

This team has so much talent on it...that it ALL deserves raises...and keeping it all together was going to be impossible REGARDLESS of Huet and Campbell. It's just not realistic. If we don't sign those two, we don't make last years run to begin with, in all likelihood...and we're still rebuilding. BBV getting resigned for 4.5/6 was unrealistic. Yes. That's why they're FANS and not management. You have the luxury of being an arm chair GM that knows all the answers (even though you don't even come close).

I'm not even close to being worried. You're such a sour puss. LOL

You need to just sit back and smoke a peace pipe and let the chips fall where they may. Try and enjoy your team somehow. Save your rants, tirades, and "I told you so"s until they actually happen. I've never heard anyone as bitter as you when their young team just made the playoffs for the first time in years...and made it deep.

We're going to lose some players. Big deal. Every team loses players. Were we supposed to be the exception?

Last edited by Retail1LO: 06-30-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
And flapjack...you act like you or anyone else knew that we should have expected Havlat to put up an injury free season for once in his life, and actually produce effectively. It can be argued that he was a bad pick up to begin with. Now that he has one productive season...you're supposed to sink another long contract into him? (lots of players put together a good season when it's a contract year." I could just see you criticizing the daylights out of THAT transaction if it came to fruition and he ended up on the IR again. Khabibulin was a non-factor for most of his years here too...and now that he puts it together for one year (and arguably because he didn't have to shoulder a full load with Huet on board), you're supposed to assume he's the better option going forward too?

Do you really think anyone knew when they signed Campbell that Havlat was going to actually play a full season and produce? No. These things happen. I'm grateful we even got one good year out of him.

It's going to have to occur to you at some point that you're just a fan (which is short for fanatic), sitting around with nothing better to do but offer a mildly educated opinion at best. I'll even credit you with coming up with several plausible and valid points. But this isn't a meltdown. It's a mis-step. And it can be corrected.

Old
06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Scarcely any of those players factor into the present situation...other than the fact they helped ice terrible teams that allowed us to draft our present roster.
Nice backpeddle there.
Now 2 or 3 bad signings turns into "well they didnt matter only in getting us better draft picks? So your saying Tallon did it on purpose to stink up the joint?

Wow......I mean.....wow.
Quote:
This team wasn't winning the cup with those signings last year.
No, but Tallon sure thought they were.Thats why he mortgaged this teams future on banking that Campbell was gonna be Bobby Orr, and failed.And that Huet was going to be the player he though he was getting after the Caps playoff ride, so much so, any team could have had Khabby for nothing, yet was proven wrong.

Notice a trend?
Quote:
It was their first year to even MAKE the playoffs in HOW long??? Like this group of 20 somethings, fresh outta college and juniors for the most part was just going to take down the league? And even then, even if it IS true that there were too many uncertainties with this team going forward to not take a gamble and go all in last season...you're going to bust his balls for doing it? LOL Wow. A GM that took a shot at winning. SHAME ON HIM! THE AUDACITY! How dare he try to go against the Detroit Red Wings of the world! You just don't get it.
Really?
This team was on its way to being a power house that threw three top lines at someone, to a team in dire straights on account of two bad signings by a fool of a GM who has no clue what hes doing.Instead of taking baby steps progressing, Tallon threw this team to the lions and said "win now".
Take away Campbell/Huets contracts;
Havlats resigned
Langs still here
Wiz is still here
RFA's are all signed
AND you have no worries about TKK being traded for cap relief.
Better balance, better defensively, AND cap room to get one or two pieces at the trade cdeadline.
But now, with this idiots bumbling, the Hawks depth is questionable, with key members gone or close to it, and the Hawks window, which, could have been wide, is now closing, already.

This is a salary capped league, and if you have no clue how to use the cap to your advantage, then get somebody in there who does.Tallons reputation at getting FA's is a joke, his drafting lower than the top 3 is questionable, and his trades are either great or garbage.He comes across as an impulse buyer, and thats not going to get things done.

You really belive this team is going to be better without Havlat, Khabby, and/or Versteeg/Barker?You think Colin Fraser is a good choice to be a third line centre?
You think having all your offensive skill on one line is a good thing?A second line that has Buff on it is a good thing? LMAO, uh, ok.

You have been blinded by McDoofus's hyperbole.

Flapjack fact- eats pancakes, the other would be cannibalish

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Retail1LO

I don't necessarily miss Wiz or Lang...and the goaltending situation I'll reserve judgment on until I see how the season plays out. And obviously not only would I just assume not lose Versteeg, Havlat, and Barker...but we certainly won't be better for it.

We'll see. I believe that everything you're saying has the potential to happen...but the Pens were able to win the cup with it's core surrounded by spare parts. Our core, if it's worth it's salt, should be able to continue to progress along with what feeds in from Rockford. And I'm still confident that if it's absolutely necessary...we'll be able to move Huet and/or Campbell. Montreal just took Scott Gomez's contract...so things like this happening is not out of the question. LOL

I still don't feel awful about having Sharp, Kane, Toews, Ladd, Bolland, Byfuglien on the top two lines. We have a solid 3/4 line with the likes of Fraser/Burish etc. Skille, Beach, Aliu, Makarow etc are all going to get shots too sooner or later. And our back end isn't awful either with Seabrook, Keith, Hendry, Hjalmarsson etc.

Surely, ti could be better. It could be a helluva lot worse too.

Last edited by Retail1LO: 06-30-2009 at 04:37 PM.