HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Off Topic: Nanaimo Clippers

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Aerolanche

vCash: 500
Off Topic: Nanaimo Clippers

Did anyone see the Clippers last game?

They beat the BCHL-leading Spruce Kings 5-1, outshooting them 78-11 (the brodcast said 78-8, but the site says 11).

Wow...is this Brandon Highton kid going to go anywhere? I know its just one game, but they have had 50+ shots against in all 4 of their last games which they went 2-2 in. Is Teslak able to be drafted?

Old
10-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

They got out shot by that much?

Old
10-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
Ya...I don't know if he's going anywhere...he SHOULD get a look or two from Div I scouts...but after that...not sure...

Also, of note, that game they played yesterday, in which they got manhandled, was 2-1 after the first and 3-1 after the 2nd...I can't remember the shot totals from those periods...but I know it was ugly...I think the Kings had 3, 3 and 2 for shot totals by period...and to only be down by 2 goals going to the 3rd, and only have 6 shots is quite the testiment to Highton. It should also be noted that the Kings "backup", Teslak has played quite well when called upon. Finally, it was also their 4th game in less than 4 days as they had played thursday night, friday night, Saturday night, then sunday afternoon...quite the trip from hell...I'll take a 2-2 trip though coming home...especially after last years trip that sent them into a month long losing streak.

Old
10-04-2004, 08:27 PM
canuck293

mmmmmm nanaimo bars...

so delicious!

Old
10-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Fedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Chris
Ya...I don't know if he's going anywhere...he SHOULD get a look or two from Div I scouts...but after that...not sure...

Also, of note, that game they played yesterday, in which they got manhandled, was 2-1 after the first and 3-1 after the 2nd...I can't remember the shot totals from those periods...but I know it was ugly...I think the Kings had 3, 3 and 2 for shot totals by period...and to only be down by 2 goals going to the 3rd, and only have 6 shots is quite the testiment to Highton. It should also be noted that the Kings "backup", Teslak has played quite well when called upon. Finally, it was also their 4th game in less than 4 days as they had played thursday night, friday night, Saturday night, then sunday afternoon...quite the trip from hell...I'll take a 2-2 trip though coming home...especially after last years trip that sent them into a month long losing streak.
First: 34 - 3
Second: 21 - 5
Third: 23 - 3

Ouch.

Old
10-04-2004, 09:36 PM
BAuldie

Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
I was at the game on Friday night.. couldn't make the Sunday one.. too hung over from the Lions game on Saturday. But they dominated that one too beating Cowichan 7-2 (yes i was extremely disappointed that there was not 1 fight!). They were tied for the league lead though.. the Clips are 8-1 now.

Frank Crane is bad news though.. the best spot to watch the game is from the beer gardens imo.. standing over the ice like that.. unforunately there beer is harsh and you are doing the tail spin after a while.

Last edited by BAuldie: 10-05-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old
10-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Mizral

I missed the game last night, but I heard about it. I go to a lot of Clippers games, only seen one so far this year, but I see a lot in the winter.

They were the champs last year, and barring a miracle, they will probobly be champs next year too. The goaltending is amazing with the veteran Sebastian Nolet and the 2005 eligable Simon LeBlanc. Michael Olson has taken over for the departed goal scorers of last year. This is a team that will win most of it's game with a team effort though, there are no major offensive superstars on this team, Olson himself is good, but not anything like Zajac was last year. As for AJ Gale, very good but very small. He'll be good in Junior 'A', but no offense to the Gale family, he's not too much different from other very small kids his age. it's possible he grows a lot late, but he'll probobly top out at 5'10-5'11 and he's got a very slight frame to him.

LeBlanc is the guy to watch I figure. Good size, good technique. He's the top 2005 eligable Clippers player.

Old
10-11-2004, 02:59 AM
spamojones

Nolet is nuts...
I saw him a couple weeks ago when the Clippers were down at Bear Mountain to play the Salsa. 1-0 game, wasn't anything special (the Salsa looked like they went out drinking the night before and were too hung over to play...although in all fairness they did play in Powell River the night before). Friday they MANHANDLED the Salsa, 4-2 (well....I guess it's not really a manhandling, but hell, the Salsa are now 3-6. It's quite sad).
Anyways, Nolet is awesome, such a good backbone for the Clippers...should be interesting to see him again....
I can see the Clippers winning the Doyle Cup again.
(kicking herself for giving praise to the Clippers....)
well, yeah.....they're good. very good.

Old
10-11-2004, 09:06 AM
BAuldie

very good? Try that damn good :p.. 11-1 now

Old
10-12-2004, 01:01 PM
spamojones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie
very good? Try that damn good :p.. 11-1 now
I'm almost tempted to head up from Victoria to watch them...lol. Damn Salsa

They are damn good. You think that they'll repeat as BCHL champs?? They look like they have the team (and goalie) to do it...(then again what do I know...I'm just a Salsa fan

Old
10-12-2004, 02:39 PM
BAuldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamojones
I'm almost tempted to head up from Victoria to watch them...lol. Damn Salsa

They are damn good. You think that they'll repeat as BCHL champs?? They look like they have the team (and goalie) to do it...(then again what do I know...I'm just a Salsa fan
Its hard to say.. playoffs are such a tossup and the exposure for non-island teams isn't really significant.. alls we get to see is the teams rolling through on horrid road trips and thus the Clips usually dominate.

Old
10-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Aerolanche

Make that 78-7...See attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0shots.jpg‎ (209.4 KB, 21 views)

Old
10-14-2004, 08:49 PM
spamojones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamix
Make that 78-7...See attachment.

Old
10-17-2004, 12:10 PM
BAuldie

Clippers beat the Salsa twice this weekend to move to 13-1 on the season.. win #13 in a row

Old
10-17-2004, 11:40 PM
spamojones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie
Clippers beat the Salsa twice this weekend to move to 13-1 on the season.. win #13 in a row
I know...the Salsa suck ass and the Clippers just keep on rolling...what's even sadder is that a) The Peninsula Panthers don't really have anybody that is going to be able to be called up to Jr. A that is going to make an impact b) IF Naniamo did need to call someone up, the Saanich Braves are playing pretty well this year
well I don't know how b factors in to the Salsa, but whatever

How's Nolet playing? I didn't go to the game at Bear Mountain yesterday and I'm kind of wishing I could have...oh well.
Let's see the Clippers make it 14-1

Old
10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
BAuldie

well they are heading to the interior next weekend so we'll see.. thats always a tough road trip.

Closed Thread