HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

** Free Agency 7/1/09 **

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2009, 07:58 PM
  #1
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
** Free Agency 7/1/09 **

** All free agency discussion here **

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283345

Not Kings related.......(yet)..haha, but could Dion be on the move?

6.6 million cap hit for 5 years


Last edited by TonySCV: 06-30-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Converted to GDT
Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:00 PM
  #2
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283345

Not King related but could Dion be on the move?

6.6 million cap hit for 5 years
Holy ****, bye bye Dion?

Zad is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:01 PM
  #3
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
The Kings chances at a playoff spot just got more difficult.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:02 PM
  #4
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283345

Not King related but could Dion be on the move?

6.6 million cap hit for 5 years
It wouldn't surprise me. He's overvalued enough around the league (I think) that they'd get a nice return for him, and he both Bouwmeester and Regehr are superior d-men.

They need someone to replace the goals they're losing from Cammalleri.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:04 PM
  #5
AKAY47
Philly West Fan
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
I don't want Dion Phaneuf..

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:07 PM
  #6
JMFJ 3
Registered User
 
JMFJ 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: French Polynesia
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I don't want Dion Phaneuf..
I second that.

JMFJ 3 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:09 PM
  #7
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
I second that.
I'll third it as long as Deano is reading

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:09 PM
  #8
piston
Registered User
 
piston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Denmark
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to piston
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I don't want Dion Phaneuf..
Why?

piston is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:09 PM
  #9
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
It wouldn't surprise me. He's overvalued enough around the league (I think) that they'd get a nice return for him, and he both Bouwmeester and Regehr are superior d-men.

They need someone to replace the goals they're losing from Cammalleri.
Agreed, all they money is on the blueline. I could actually see a Dion for Dany trade go down now as this has been rumored. The Flames would only be adding 1.2 millon in money.

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:15 PM
  #10
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
Agreed, all they money is on the blueline. I could actually see a Dion for Dany trade go down now as this has been rumored. The Flames would only be adding 1.2 millon in money.
Very Interesting!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:16 PM
  #11
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Why the hell wouldn't you want Dion? It depends on the price of course.

Zad is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:19 PM
  #12
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Why the hell wouldn't you want Dion? It depends on the price of course.
Count me in on the Dion to LA train..............

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:22 PM
  #13
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,635
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Dion would cost too much. If Dean was prepared to dish out assets and take on a big contract for a star, I would rather it be a forward and not a defenseman. As great as he is, I would go get a 40+ goal scorer instead...

__________________

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
  #14
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
Count me in on the Dion to LA train..............
Don't get carried away now. It depends on the price. I am sure there will be plenty of suitors out there for his services. If it were to happen, I just hope we get to keep JMFJ. That may be a pipe dream, but holy ****, can you imagine that blue line?

JMFJ, Doughty, Phaneuf, Greene as our top 4 D. Wow.

Zad is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:24 PM
  #15
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Dion would cost too much. If Dean was prepared to dish out assets and take on a big contract for a star, I would rather it be a forward and not a defenseman. As great as he is, I would go get a 40+ goal scorer instead...
How many times has Dean said that you build a team from the BACK end?

Zad is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
  #16
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
How many times has Dean said that you build a team from the BACK end?
Plus there would be enough money for Gabby.........

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:34 PM
  #17
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
Plus there would be enough money for Gabby.........
I would buy season tickets if that happened, or at least go in with Piston on splitting them.

Zad is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:36 PM
  #18
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,635
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
How many times has Dean said that you build a team from the BACK end?
Yeah, but Dion is a $6.5 million cap hit until the end of the 2013/2014 season and way overkill for "adding a top four veteran to help the kids grow" Dean says he is set with our back end and he wants one veteran but is willing to let them go it without one. Dean himself is looking for an offensive threat up front over a defenseman this off-season and into the future... I think that alone says that we are fine in that regard.

Telos is online now  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:45 PM
  #19
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Yeah, but Dion is a $6.5 million cap hit until the end of the 2013/2014 season and way overkill for "adding a top four veteran to help the kids grow" Dean says he is set with our back end and he wants one veteran but is willing to let them go it without one. Dean himself is looking for an offensive threat up front over a defenseman this off-season and into the future... I think that alone says that we are fine in that regard.
Dean has said we are fine on the back end? When? I am being serious. Getting Dion makes too much sense if the price is right. He will have built an incredible back end for the expected price with plenty of money left over for the necessary winger. Now, if it becomes a Johnson + prospect + pick, then that "prospect" will be the key to the whole deal. I would really rather keep Johnson though. I am salivating about that back line, not to mention Dustin and Dion on the same team - we may be the hardest hitting team in the NHL.

Zad is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:52 PM
  #20
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,635
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Dean has said we are fine on the back end? When? I am being serious. Getting Dion makes too much sense if the price is right. He will have built an incredible back end for the expected price with plenty of money left over for the necessary winger. Now, if it becomes a Johnson + prospect + pick, then that "prospect" will be the key to the whole deal. I would really rather keep Johnson though. I am salivating about that back line, not to mention Dustin and Dion on the same team - we may be the hardest hitting team in the NHL.
I mean, as I said in the other thread that got moved, I certainly wouldn't be crying... Dion is one of the best defenseman in the league regardless of how 'overrated' some people think he is -- he is still an established dominant defenseman in the league. I agree with your sentiment about keeping Johnson, especially after that stint on Team USA, but if Dean has the opportunity... His contract isn't bad, just an upgrade over Johnson's. I dunno... I still would rather we sign someone like Gaborik, but if we can pull off both, then obviously we are instantly one of THE teams in the west... Less than 24 hours before the mayhem starts and we either all die from heartbreak/heart attacks or we are all running around screaming like women that just found the perfect purse Here's to the latter...

Telos is online now  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:55 PM
  #21
VictoryRose
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Three most overrated, overpaid D-Men in the league are now Phaneuf, JayBo, and tomorrow, Mike Komisarek.

VictoryRose is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:55 PM
  #22
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I mean, as I said in the other thread that got moved, I certainly wouldn't be crying... Dion is one of the best defenseman in the league regardless of how 'overrated' some people think he is -- he is still an established dominant defenseman in the league. I agree with your sentiment about keeping Johnson, especially after that stint on Team USA, but if Dean has the opportunity... His contract isn't bad, just an upgrade of Johnson's. I dunno... I still would rather we sign someone like Gaborik, but if we can pull off both, then obviously we are instantly one of THE teams in the west... Less than 24 hours before the mayhem starts and we either all die from heartbreak/heart attacks or we are all running around screaming like women that just found the perfect purse Here's to the latter...
Phaneuf and Gaborik isn't a purse...it's a purse, shoes, dress and a whole damn ensemble...this thread just took a sharp left turn for the worst.

Zad is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 08:59 PM
  #23
VictoryRose
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I mean, as I said in the other thread that got moved, I certainly wouldn't be crying... Dion is one of the best defenseman in the league regardless of how 'overrated' some people think he is -- he is still an established dominant defenseman in the league.

You're high. Dion is a pylon, and it was exposed last year ad nauseum. He's regressed two years consecutively. He makes the most undisciplined plays in the world just to try and lay a big hit. No one fears him anymore either. He isn't even in the top 10 of defenseman in this league in a two way game. Sure, he's got a booming shot and when he does get a piece of you, he'll make it count. That ain't enough to be elite.

VictoryRose is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
  #24
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
Three most overrated, overpaid D-Men in the league are now Phaneuf, JayBo, and tomorrow, Mike Komisarek.
I would not put JayBo in that list but that's just me.

DapperDan is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
  #25
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,635
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/06/30/hossa_wings/

Bleh... The rumors everywhere are going to make my head explode... According to Sportsnet, Hossa has rejected Detroit's offer opening up the door into free agency... Tomorrow is going to be suspenseful... Watch all the free agents are going to be gone within an hour and Dean will be standing there saying "too expensive" but with so many out there and Dean having some money in his hand... Who knows, we may land one.

Telos is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.