Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

ECHL Releases 2009-10 Schedule

Old
06-30-2009, 10:40 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

vCash: 500
ECHL Releases 2009-10 Schedule

The ECHL released their 2009-10 schedule today. (ECHL Press Release)

I've put the league schedule into my site - here are some links for y'all:

Master 2009-10 ECHL Schedule
ECHL 2009-10 Team vs. Team Grid
ECHL 2009-10 Team vs. Team (Home Games) Grid
ECHL 2009-10 Standings by Division
ECHL 2009-10 Standings by Conference - useful for viewing playoff seedings/positioning

Some notes: For the first time since the WCHL teams joined the league, the American and National Conferences are COMPLETELY separate during the regular season - the only interconference games will be the Kelly Cup Finals.

The National Conference (the western teams) is made up of two four-team divisions (Pacific and West). The top seven teams (82.5%) will make the playoffs, with the conference winner getting a first-round bye, and both division winners getting the 1-2 seeds. Other teams will be seeded by conference finish. Pairings will NOT be re-seeded after each round (i.e 1st will play the 4-5 winner, not the lowest seed remaining)

The American Conference (the eastern teams) is made up of THREE four-team divisions (East, North, and South). The top EIGHT teams (66.7%) will make the playoffs, with the division winners receiving the 1-3 seeds (similar to the NHL's system). Pairings will NOT be re-seeded after each round (i.e 1-8 winner will play the 4-5 winner, no matter what).

All first-round series will be best-of-five. Conference Semifinals, Finals, and the Kelly Cup finals will be best-of-seven.

I'll try to keep the standings as up-to-date as I can through the season, but no promises. This is a hobby, not a job

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote