http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283298

very excited for this.. hope he signs today b4 it goes to july 1st

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

vCash: 500
Awesome! Now lets hope he takes it. I think this would give us the best top to bottom defense in the league. I love it!!!!

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Caribou Lou

My god, Bouwmeester signing with the Flames would be unreal, I'm trying not to get too excited but a lot of factors seem to point to Calgary being the best choice for him.

Caribou Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
It would make us look great on paper. Let's hope they can do it on the ice. Off topic, but any chance we see Backlund on the team this year. Would love to see him centering a line with Jokinen.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:27 PM
andy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf92 View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283298

very excited for this.. hope he signs today b4 it goes to july 1st
I think it is going to go to July 1

andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
andy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
It would make us look great on paper. Let's hope they can do it on the ice. Off topic, but any chance we see Backlund on the team this year. Would love to see him centering a line with Jokinen.
with the cap situation, yes

andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Don't wanna spoil everyone's hope, but I don't see why Bouwmeester would agree to the offer today. It's only 24 hours until free agency, so the only logical decision is to wait and see what others would put on the table and either use it as leverage in the negotiation with Calgary, sign a better contract with another team or sign the Flames' offer, if it's the best ('worst case' for Bouwmeester).

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:04 PM
bananaz

i am definitely not going to get my hopes up for him signing in calgary. like the post above me said, he's 24hrs from FA, he will most likely wait till tomorrow to see what other teams (edmonton, vancouver, etc) are offering before he makes a decision.

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Pacem

I don't see him signing before July 1st. I'm okay with that. We didn't trade alot to talk to him for a few days prior. We just got a couple of days to make our case. Sutter, Iginla and Regehr have all made their pitches. Bouwmeester says he wants to be on a winner. Let him see what the offers are, if they are not much more than Calgarys offer maybe the sales job Sutter and co did makes him sign here. I think the couple of days was worth what we gave up.

Our main competition will be Edmonton and Vancouver i'd think.

We can offer up to 6.5m I believe. We wont pass that mark and I hope we offer closer to 6m.

Edmonton has more cap space, but they also have more $$ tied up in Dmen. And still need a goalie. Not being in the playoffs the last couple years doesn't help the cause if he's truly interested in winning.

Vancouver could possibly be without a first line come July 1st. If he really wants to be on a winner and Vanouver is w/o the twins, i'm not sure why he'd go there. With the Sedins then yes I could see him sign there, and the have the cap space to do it. I bet it would take more money to go to Vancouver. So he'd have to get an offer closer to 7m and if Van offers that then i'm okay with him not signing.

I think Calgary has alot to offer. A stable franchise thats made the playoffs 5 years straight with a core signed long term. No real albatross contracts, Kipper possibly being the exception. We're close to his hometown. Van can offer alot too if the twins stay. If they don't sign the twins and their plan is Gaborik and Bouwmeester, I just don't see him signing there if he really wants to win.

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Dallas Flames Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Don't wanna spoil everyone's hope, but I don't see why Bouwmeester would agree to the offer today. It's only 24 hours until free agency, so the only logical decision is to wait and see what others would put on the table and either use it as leverage in the negotiation with Calgary, sign a better contract with another team or sign the Flames' offer, if it's the best ('worst case' for Bouwmeester).
The signings will be fast and furious. The Flames have an advantage to have the contract in his hands before everybody else but he will have to make a decision quick. I am sure they will want to use that money on someone else if he declines.

Wonder how all the big signings are done in few short hours.

Dallas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flames89 View Post
Awesome! Now lets hope he takes it. I think this would give us the best top to bottom defense in the league. I love it!!!!
I don't know about the best, but i think we'd be a close second behind this:

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Kronwall-STuart
Lilja-Ericcsson

Quite excited. Hopefully we'll see Bouwmeester in red this October.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Buttonwood
feaster in the groin

I too think he at least looks at offers come tomorrow.

Say Calgary offers $6.5M. Bouwmeester and Baltimore will have a deep understanding of the Flames and their situation in relation to Jay, and all reports say Calgary is a good destination for him, money aside.

By now they probably have a list of teams he would not go to, and then some maybes. Tonight they will probably dream up how much more it would take to leave the Calgary offer on the table. Could be $7M, could be $8M. The offers will come in tomorrow very quickly and they should be able to move forward without taking much time. This whole process might extend until tomorrow but I don't think it will drag out too long.

Buttonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Because he's wanted to be here for 6 months, at least. Please research my user name and consider all of my posts.

Sorry but I've defended my position on this matter more times than I care to recall.

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
@flames89:
Don't see the connection between the two posts, but it is time to eat some crow, anyways.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote