HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Gelinas (Round 2, 54th overall)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2009, 06:49 PM
  #26
Crimson Devil*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In a gutted caribou.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,131
vCash: 500


Now we can say Welcome to the Family.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 06:50 PM
  #27
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Heard on these boards that his dad is 6'9 so he could be a monster.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 06:51 PM
  #28
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,213
vCash: 500
He looks like an evil/bad guy from movies.
KICK ASS!!

kiwidevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 07:29 PM
  #29
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
those pictures are so cliche

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
  #30
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
First 45 games, 8 goals, 25 assists, 33 points, -4

He cooled off late in the season.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 11:03 PM
  #31
Harrison Ford
Registered User
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 19,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDevil View Post
wait, we actually got a puck moving offensive defenseman who can shoot and bring the offense and is 6 foot 4???? why did it takes so long to get one of these?


Edit, draft is over and im like the fact that we picked up 3 HUGE defensemen with some size which we really missed. almost makes up for Josefson...

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 11:13 PM
  #32
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,293
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDevil View Post
wait, we actually got a puck moving offensive defenseman who can shoot and bring the offense and is 6 foot 4???? why did it takes so long to get one of these?


Edit, draft is over and im like the fact that we picked up 3 HUGE defensemen with some size which we really missed. almost makes up for Josefson...

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:15 AM
  #33
Barcelonian Devil
Registered User
 
Barcelonian Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Barcelonian Devil
badass

Barcelonian Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:57 AM
  #34
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,808
vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDevil View Post

Edit, draft is over and im like the fact that we picked up 3 HUGE defensemen with some size which we really missed. almost makes up for Josefson...

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 12:00 PM
  #35
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post


Now we can say Welcome to the Family.
God those gloves are horrid.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 12:05 PM
  #36
CanadianDevil*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Hungary
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
uhhhhh i didnt like the Josefson signing, it makes me nervous each time we take a european they dont like to work out for us most of the time. he sounds great but i wanted a big defenseman.... but we just got 3 of them so i dont know anymore

..... just ignore me when i talk about the draft or prospects.

CanadianDevil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 12:06 PM
  #37
Eric Sachs
Registered User
 
Eric Sachs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Japan
Posts: 14,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
I think that may be my favourite one of those "lol wut" pictures.


Eric Sachs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 07:48 PM
  #38
Harrison Ford
Registered User
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 19,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDevil View Post
uhhhhh i didnt like the Josefson signing, it makes me nervous each time we take a european they dont like to work out for us most of the time. he sounds great but i wanted a big defenseman.... but we just got 3 of them so i dont know anymore

..... just ignore me when i talk about the draft or prospects.
okay, sounds good to me.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 07:56 PM
  #39
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDevil View Post
uhhhhh i didnt like the Josefson signing, it makes me nervous each time we take a european they dont like to work out for us most of the time.
Europeans are sometimes risky picks, because there is no guarantee the prospect will want to come over to North America. But in Josefson's case, everything I have read about him suggests that he is eager to make it to the NHL and is willing to play in the lower North American leagues to do it. He's also good friends with Tedenby and apparently Mattias has told him nothing but good things about New Jersey. Among the scouting reports there are no questions about whether he has the ability to one day make it to the NHL. Seems like a pretty safe pick, the only question is his upside. Will he peak as a third line defensive forward/grinder, or do we have a skilled future first or second line centre?

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 08:08 PM
  #40
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Europeans are sometimes risky picks, because there is no guarantee the prospect will want to come over to North America. But in Josefson's case, everything I have read about him suggests that he is eager to make it to the NHL and is willing to play in the lower North American leagues to do it. He's also good friends with Tedenby and apparently Mattias has told him nothing but good things about New Jersey. Among the scouting reports there are no questions about whether he has the ability to one day make it to the NHL. Seems like a pretty safe pick, the only question is his upside. Will he peak as a third line defensive forward/grinder, or do we have a skilled future first or second line centre?
3 years from now:

Tedenby - Josefson - Bergfors
Oduya - Urbom

Lundqvist

Lulz.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:18 PM
  #41
Crimson Devil*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In a gutted caribou.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
3 years from now:

Tedenby - Josefson - Bergfors
Oduya - Urbom

Lundqvist

Lulz.
Scratch out Lundy, put in Jonas Gustavsson.

**** yes.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 01:24 AM
  #42
HatTrick89
Registered User
 
HatTrick89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,195
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HatTrick89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
3 years from now:

Tedenby - Josefson - Bergfors
Oduya - Urbom

Lundqvist

Lulz.
I hope you mean Joel, and in Lowell. When Tedenby Joesfson ever play together, they could be like Parise and Zajac Part Two, but they'll need a Langenbrunner...or just a big physical RW or something.


Last edited by HatTrick89: 06-29-2009 at 01:32 AM.
HatTrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 01:28 AM
  #43
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick89 View Post
I hope you mean Joel, and in Lowell. When Tedenby and Joesfson ever play together, they could be like Parise and Zajac Part Two, but they'll need a Langenbrunner...or just a big physical RW or something.
Hai gaiz luuuuulz


Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 07:10 AM
  #44
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick89 View Post
I hope you mean Joel, and in Lowell. When Tedenby Joesfson ever play together, they could be like Parise and Zajac Part Two, but they'll need a Langenbrunner...or just a big physical RW or something.
Yes, because Joel is a goalie.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:40 PM
  #45
RNCDevil
Registered User
 
RNCDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,135
vCash: 500
Kyle Woodlief posted a mock draft:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ck-draft_N.htm

and had Gelinas as a first round pick.

RNCDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:50 PM
  #46
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNCDevil View Post
Kyle Woodlief posted a mock draft:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ck-draft_N.htm

and had Gelinas as a first round pick.
He was good for the first 5 picks. Then it all unraveled a bit.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
  #47
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
nice read on devils prospects.

http://www.lewistonhockey.com/popupNews.php?id=913

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.