HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Flames Qualifying Offers

Old
06-29-2009, 05:52 PM
flamesfan12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Flames Qualifying Offers

http://communities.canada.com/calgar...boyd-back.aspx

Quote:
The Calgary Flames have tendered qualifying offers to pending restricted free agents Dustin Boyd and Kris Chucko.
Obviously not a huge surprise, but both have been given QO's and hopefully will be signed soon.

Flames didn't qualify Adam Cracknell or Aki Seitsonen so they are free agents now.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Oblivion

Maybe now Seitsonen will finally move from our Top Prospects profiles. Next up Dan Ryder!

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 10:34 AM
GoFlames

I am curious for one to see what role Boyd plays this year. I am not sure if he can handle it but some time on the second line would be great, if he can handle it and thrive even better...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 10:58 AM
flamesfever

Qualifying Boyd is a good move, we need to find a full time role for him on the wing...

I think Second line is very possible this year.

flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
I would have preferred, if Sutter had already come to terms with Boyd in the $1.2 mio. range.

An offer sheet poses the thread that a rival could offer Boyd a deal worth $1,506,717. Such a deal, if the FLames decided not to match the offer, would cost the rival team only a 3rd round pick as compensation (CLICK), which I would regard as a bargain.
While I think that $ 1,5 mio. would still be a justifiable price for Boyd, it would aggrevate the Flames' cap issues (assuming Sutter manages to sign Bouwmeester), as every single $ matters in our situation.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Puckz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
I would have preferred, if Sutter had already come to terms with Boyd in the $1.2 mio. range.

An offer sheet poses the thread that a rival could offer Boyd a deal worth $1,506,717. Such a deal, if the FLames decided not to match the offer, would cost the rival team only a 3rd round pick as compensation (CLICK), which I would regard as a bargain.
While I think that $ 1,5 mio. would still be a justifiable price for Boyd, it would aggrevate the Flames' cap issues (assuming Sutter manages to sign Bouwmeester), as every single $ matters in our situation.

That's a really good point, teams know Calgary is in trouble cap-wise, Boyd for a third rounder isn't a bad deal at all for those teams, and considering we haven't really giving him a shot on our top lines (deserving or not) he may be wanting to move on himself. Just a guess though.

Puckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 08:03 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:

I suppose that is possible. Honestly though Sutter usually keeps his signings pretty quiet. With Bouwmeester out of the way now I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyd, Pardy and Chucko announced in the next day or two.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Oblivion

Quote:

These are some solid points, actually if Sutter is reallt counting on getting Boyd signed then we could actually be screwed by an offersheet, because we lose a strong player in Boyd and need to replace him with someone.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote