HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Rumor: Cambell for Heatley

Old
06-13-2009, 12:29 PM
stlbluesfan

vCash: 500
Rumor: Cambell for Heatley

http://spectorshockey.net.s46224.gri...umors&Itemid=4

What would Hawks nation think of this trade?

stlbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:00 PM
lfchockey*

First reaction... I'd be all for it. It seems to make sense. We have a lot of good d-men in the stable and the salaries are almost a wash (which is rare when they are that much).
Ottawa needs another franchise d-man and maybe Campbell can be that in the Eastern conference.

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

I'd rather have Campbell.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Kyo

Trade Campbell for Heatley, then flip Heatley to another team for picks and prospects. That'll help clear up the cap space.

Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:12 PM
WestCoast

You guys know Campbell for Heatley won't happen right?

WestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:14 PM
massivegoonery

With all else equal, I'd rather have Campbell. Heatley's contract might be easier to swallow, though.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:31 PM
STEVENS4

I like this trade from Chicago's side. Adding Heatley would probably make a player like Havlat expendable to clear up some cap space. I thought the Hawks over payed for Campbell and moving this contract is a great move by Tallon. I like the idea of a Heatley-Toews-Kane line, I think they could put up some serious numbers. As for Campbell going to Ottawa, he will give them that puck-moving defencemen they have been looking for since losing Redden.

STEVENS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:21 PM
hckyfan0099

Do it. Dont really see this happening at all but I am for it.

hckyfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 03:36 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Doubt it's going to happen. I'd go for it though. How many years does Heater have left on his deal?

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Teemu

I will hate Tallon much less if this happens.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 12:07 AM
irishgoaltender22

If this was even a realistic option for the Hawks I would still rather have Havlat over Heater.

If they could find a way to work both into the mix given the loss of Habbys contract and the assumption that some of the smaller guys would be dropped or traded off for prospects then it may be possible but even more unlikely than this trade is already.

All of this gains fuel from the fact that people are pissed with Brians contract and length... while they have a right to be, it doesnt change the fact that, like Huet, Campbell is here to stay for at least a couple of years.

Last edited by irishgoaltender22: 06-14-2009 at 12:12 AM.
irishgoaltender22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Heater for Campbell eh.... well salary wise we're basically the same. Campbell's deal is longer by about 2/3 years I believe. If they could make it happen, they sit Havat down before July 1st and work out a smart deal with him and before you know it the cup is ours next year.

Seriously though, Heater's only known the Eastern Conference, which outside of a few teams is littered with bottom feeders and porous goaltending. Campbell same thing, as soon as he came over to the West his numbers were down from before. Of course adjusting to a new team is difficult enough as is, never mind a whole new group of opponents. I could see Heater struggling initially, where Campbell would thrive again. In the end I would still do it. Window's only open for so long. L.A., St.Louis and Columbus are all going to be taking the next step soon enough. We need to counter their moves as well as the teams already ahead of us.

Last edited by Bring Back GLR: 06-14-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 03:15 AM
kingpest19

Has Spector been reading HF, specifically Flapjacks posts?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 04:13 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

spector took that from flapjakc's post. Sens turn down that offer. Campbell's contr5act is one of the worse in the league and my prediction is the hawks in about 3 seasons will buy him out. The length is ther killer

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 04:16 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I don't know, even if you let Havlat go and put Heatley in his place, you still have a glut of forwards, sort of. As much as I hate to say this, why not keep Havlat on a 1 yr deal, he was so great this past yr, and plan on keeping Campbell for one season more to make a huge run with the vets. Then if it fails, dump them.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Has Spector been reading HF, specifically Flapjacks posts?
http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id...opstories.atom

Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 11:48 AM
enforcersrule

Heatley is a headcase... I don't want him poisoning our young guys. We've had enough of that in the past...

I hate Campbell, but I don't particularly want Heatley either.

enforcersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Piffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Heater for Campbell eh.... well salary wise we're basically the same. Campbell's deal is longer by about 2/3 years I believe. If they could make it happen, they sit Havat down before July 1st and work out a smart deal with him and before you know it the cup is ours next year.

Seriously though, Heater's only known the Eastern Conference, which outside of a few teams is littered with bottom feeders and porous goaltending. Campbell same thing, as soon as he came over to the West his numbers were down from before. Of course adjusting to a new team is difficult enough as is, never mind a whole new group of opponents. I could see Heater struggling initially, where Campbell would thrive again. In the end I would still do it. Window's only open for so long. L.A., St.Louis and Columbus are all going to be taking the next step soon enough. We need to counter their moves as well as the teams already ahead of us.
I am no Campbell lover, but I am really tired of the bashing he unjustly gets. No matter how much you repeat crap like that, it doesn't make it true. Campbell scores more points per game in the West than he did in the East. Go look it up if you don't believe me.

We might score more goals as a team with Heatley here, but then again we might not. Having Campbell on our team to rush the puck adds an element that is hard for the other team to defend and they have to change their game plan to deal with him. That is a big win for a team, to have the other team trying to adjust to you rather than you adjusting to them. Heatley also has negative intangibles, where Campbell doesn't. I'd rather have Campbell.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Energise

As an outsider, I think this looks really good on a box score...and thats about it. The cap issues it will create + bringing in a diva like him to possibly rub off on your young guys is something I wouldn't really want. Plus, Campbell helps you guys as a puck moving defenseman more than you may like to acknowledge (at least all the Hawks fans I know don't really seem to like him or appreciate him at all).

Energise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:40 AM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

I seriously doubt it would happen, but if the Hawks could turn Campbell for Heatley, it's a no-brainer, they need to do it imo. Campbell is massively overpaid and is actually hurting the Hawks with his contract (or will be, once players start getting re-signed). Heatley has his issues and is also overpaid, but not nearly as much, and his contract ends two years sooner. If he is acquired, the Hawks can let Havlat walk and save $4.64M in cap space, part of which they'd use to sign another d-man. Campbell is a luxury, and an expensive one at that. With puck-movers like Keith, Seabrook, and Barker (assuming he's brought back), you don't need a puck-rusher like Campbell. A lot probably depends on Barker though, I don't know what the Hawks' front office is thinking regarding his future. If they don't see him in their plans, then there's no way they move Campbell.

Last edited by jaster: 06-19-2009 at 12:50 AM.
jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:42 AM
35Esposito

At face value I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. Even if it sacrifices Havlat resigning, Heatley has been consistently healthy. Unfortunately we can't say the same about Havlat....

Wouldn't happen as a straight swap, Hawks would probably have to offer up a Brouwer/Skille combo or something to go along with it.

Last edited by 35Esposito: 06-22-2009 at 11:48 AM.
35Esposito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 12:38 PM
yellowtree

Just shop Campbell and get some cap space for next year!

yellowtree is offline   Reply With Quote