1) I already said that Lombardi's #1 job is to identify the young players that he wants to keep and sign to big money, long term deals. He had a whole year to get to know Kopitar, judge his talent and character, and he pulled the trigger. If Kopitar doesn't pan out, that's a major mistake by Dean.
Are you ready to evaluate the Kopitar deal already?
2) Cammalleri / Shmammalleri, I'm not going to flog that dead horse again.
3) He made a tactical error with Lubo. Fortunately he was able to correct the mistake without it turning into a strategic error. Lubo crapped the bed so bad his last season here there was no way Dean could stick with him. We got two good players in return.
4) I don't think the Handzus contract was huge. Four years and $16M makes him a little overpaid. The guy is a warrior and works his tail off. He is the epitome of a bridge player, and guys like Simmonds are learning a lot by playing with him.
5) Yeah, I wasn't happy about the Blake deal either. Another short term tactical error. That had Leiweke's fingerprints all over it and I didn't like it at all. By the time it was over you know Dean was hating it too.
You don't need to keep going, how are my "facts", or are they really just opinions.
I am a bit confused. Wasn't your premise that Dean, like Detroit, doesn't sign players to big contracts until they are proven? Please explain to me how Zeus, Lubo, Kopitar, et al. fit into that mold...I am not excluding Cammy and Blake because you don't want to discuss the former and agree on the latter.
well, lets say we do sign Havlat, will everyone be happy. Personally i really think we will regret not getting Gab. For the 1st time in a long time NYR made some very good moves. if Gab stays healthy they got a 40 - 50g for nothing but cash