HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL vs WHL

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Jovo Cop

vCash: 500
AHL vs WHL

Now i know the players are more talented in the AHL ..but for you fans who have attended AHL and WHL games ..how does the instensity and passion compare ???Being a longtime Kamloops Blazers season ticket holder i love the energy and zest for the game the juniors bring ie-hitting , fighting and scoring .Is the AHL comparable??? Or are the AHL players just lesser fat cat slackers NHL ers .I have seen some horrible NHL games in the last few years ..no emotuion just bland ..i blame this on too many teams and high salaries .
I dont want this to turn into a AHL -WHL sucks thread ..just some opinions from people who have seen both leagues ..i have never seen an AHL game so i cant compare .I do in the very near future plan on watching the Road runners live sometime this season .
I have seen WHL games in Kamloops ,PG,Kelowna ,Swift Current ,Red DEer , Seattle,Medicine Hat and Moose Jaw ..all great atmosphere and crowds .

Old
10-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovo Cop
Now i know the players are more talented in the AHL ..but for you fans who have attended AHL and WHL games ..how does the instensity and passion compare ???Being a longtime Kamloops Blazers season ticket holder i love the energy and zest for the game the juniors bring ie-hitting , fighting and scoring .Is the AHL comparable??? Or are the AHL players just lesser fat cat slackers NHL ers .I have seen some horrible NHL games in the last few years ..no emotuion just bland ..i blame this on too many teams and high salaries .
I dont want this to turn into a AHL -WHL sucks thread ..just some opinions from people who have seen both leagues ..i have never seen an AHL game so i cant compare .I do in the very near future plan on watching the Road runners live sometime this season .
I have seen WHL games in Kamloops ,PG,Kelowna ,Swift Current ,Red DEer , Seattle,Medicine Hat and Moose Jaw ..all great atmosphere and crowds .
The difference is that it's men in one league and boys in the other. The WHL is very entertaining and the hockey is excellent. Same with the AHL but it's slightly faster and slightly better in all areas because the players are older and more experienced.

Both are far fromo perfect though and can be sloppy hockey at times too but that leads to scoring opportunities.

Old
10-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Mizral

I have seen both leagues play, and I have to say I prefer the AHL in the regular season, but in the playoffs, particularly the Memorial Cup, the CHL wins out.

The WHL in particular I prefer out of the three CHL leagues, but all are pretty fun to watch.

Junior 'A' in Canada is very entertaining as well, particularly the BCHL and AJAHL which seem to be the best two leagues. Both are putting together some nice talent pools lately.

Old
10-19-2004, 10:00 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
AHL VS WHL is like apples and oranges

like was said --the AHL are all men or boys that are almost men
WHL--you have 15 year old boys that are still learning the game and their emotions
AHL--They have learned the game. but are now trying to take the game to the next step
personally--I prefer WHL--becuase I find there is more heart there

Closed Thread