O'Sullivan's fast start

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2004, 11:12 PM
glenjackson

vCash: 500
O'Sullivan's fast start

Check out his stats page

15 points in 6 games is his best start of his OHL career I believe. Going to be seeing the 'Dogs tomorrow night and looking forward to seeing if he's dominating as much as the stats indicate.

Old
10-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenjackson
Going to be seeing the 'Dogs tomorrow night and looking forward to seeing if he's dominating as much as the stats indicate.
Color me envious. You'll have to fill us in on what you see...how and who he is playing with. Interview maybe?

Old
10-15-2004, 06:21 AM
ceber

Assuming he plays 59 games (avg of last three seasons.. maybe optimistic if you look at the trend), he's on pace for

39 G, 108 A, 147 pts, 78 PIM. Yeah, that's probably a fast start.

If only we'd had a training camp... could've been exciting.

Old
10-15-2004, 11:19 AM
MePutPuckInNet

There seems to be something different about him this year. Not sure what it is exactly. He's really taking his responsibilities as a captain seriously [maybe too seriously at times] - but he seems to have some kind of determination that I've never seen him have before [and he's generally pretty damn stubborn, so I didn't think it was possible]. Maybe it's just confidence....and I don't mean that in a bad way - but he definately has a spark i've never seen before. He is going after that Mem Cup, come hell or high water.

Old
10-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
59 games...39 G, 108 A, 147 pts, 78 PIM
Yip, I think Ice Dog fans and Patty fans would be pretty OK with thoses numbers...

Old
10-18-2004, 05:50 PM
JeSuisReine

Patrick O'Sullivan named OHL player of the week

Old
10-18-2004, 07:47 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
20 points in 8 games for sully now. He was an absolute steal to get in the late 2nd round, you rarely get a player with his abilities and potential that late. He's never had below 80 points in his three years in the OHL. Those are Derek Roy type numbers. I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs at the next level.

Old
10-18-2004, 09:48 PM
fedabiblio

He's on Off the Record today, should be replayed at 12am Pacific time if anyone cares to know.

Old
10-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenjackson
Check out his stats page

15 points in 6 games is his best start of his OHL career I believe. Going to be seeing the 'Dogs tomorrow night and looking forward to seeing if he's dominating as much as the stats indicate.
WHY DID THE CANUCKS PASS UP ON HIM?!?!?!?!

Old
10-18-2004, 11:55 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
The Wild did too. Lots of teams passed. Doesn't matter until he actually starts scoring the NHL. Unless you're just looking for a prospect in your system to gloat about, then it matters now. Otherwise, no pain until he puts you out of the playoffs.

Old
10-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
The Wild did too. Lots of teams passed. Doesn't matter until he actually starts scoring the NHL. Unless you're just looking for a prospect in your system to gloat about, then it matters now. Otherwise, no pain until he puts you out of the playoffs.
I wanna gloat I can't really show off a prospect in the Canucks system except Koltsov.

Old
10-19-2004, 10:50 AM
glenjackson

Quote:
I saw his Friday game as I mentioned during his player of the week run, and he did show improvement over last season in the skill and drive department, but in that particular game he still had what I think is the number one thing holding him back show through. His discipline, when he gets frustrated, is just not there. He basically took himself out of the game and this year the 'Dogs need his offense even more, and he's a captain as well. In that game he didn't set a great example for teammates but from the box scores I've seen in other matches it was his only bad game of the year (and he almost had an earlier short handed goal on a breakaway but Justin Peters made a nice save on it). Going to see the IceDogs/Majors again on Sunday.

Old
10-19-2004, 01:38 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Glen, I think it's YOUR fault. I don't think you've ever seen him when he's not having a bad game, have you? Does he know you're coming or something??? [just kidding]

Anyway, I agree with you. Up until that game, I don't think he had any penalties. But he definitely got frustrated with a bunch of things. Occasionally, he seems to quit playing and just starts lashing out and retaliating. Not too smart. It doesn't happen often though, honestly. He takes a lot of crap from the opposing teams, clutching, grabbing, slashing, etc. - .as does any player who is a threat every time they're on the ice - most of the time, he handles it just fine and lets his scoring/playmaking do the talking. But, as you no doubt saw, there's games when he just kinda loses focus on what he should be doing and just starts grappling with everyone.

Yeah, it's something he's got to continue to work on, for sure.

Aren't you gonna go Friday night when the Icedogs play the Knights in London??? Now THAT'S a game you oughtta see, dude.....Perry, Schremp, Bolland & Syvret VS. O'Sullivan & uhh.....just O'Sullivan..

Old
10-19-2004, 02:50 PM
eye

Didn't Matt Foy get about 160 pts. in the OHL when he was Patty O'Sullivan's age? Not to take anything away from him but points in Junior Hockey doesn't always translate to a successful NHL career.

Old
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Jbcraig1883

I think the comparison of O'Sullivan to Foy is really unfair. Foy had Locke, and Locke had Foy. I don't think O'Sullivan has the support that Foy did.

I do agree that Junior careers do not equal NHL careers.

Old
10-19-2004, 07:14 PM
glenjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
Aren't you gonna go Friday night when the Icedogs play the Knights in London??? Now THAT'S a game you oughtta see, dude.....Perry, Schremp, Bolland & Syvret VS. O'Sullivan & uhh.....just O'Sullivan..
Would love to, great place to see a game. Leave me a ticket at will call?

Old
10-19-2004, 07:16 PM
glenjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18
I think the comparison of O'Sullivan to Foy is really unfair. Foy had Locke, and Locke had Foy. I don't think O'Sullivan has the support that Foy did.
Sort of like how Dylan Hunter has Corey Perry in London? He gets crazy points leeching from Perry for a guy that wouldn't be on a top line if family wasn't running the show IMO.

Old
10-20-2004, 12:23 AM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Because Patrik O'Sullivan's father is a total nutjob.

I am really rooting for this kid to succeed big in the NHL>

Old
10-20-2004, 04:04 AM
Crossbar

Looks like O'Sullivan will be getting 2 new possible linemates...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Jun...676821-cp.html

Quote:
The IceDogs, the defending OHL Eastern Conference champions, acquired forwards Dan Carcillo and John Hecimovic and defenceman David Pszencyczny. Going to Sarnia are forwards Brad Efthimiou and Chad Painchaud and defenceman Chris Chimienti. The Sting also get two draft picks from the IceDogs.

"This deal addresses some of our needs and we were able to do it without mortgaging the future," said Mississauga general manager Mario Forgione. "It helps us now and gives us much more flexibility."
Hecimovic is a tough customer and a consistant 30 goal scorer in the OHL, I would love to see what he and O'Sullivan could do on a line together, Carcillo is a good player too.

Old
10-20-2004, 03:27 PM
glenjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Looks like O'Sullivan will be getting 2 new possible linemates...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Jun...676821-cp.html

Hecimovic is a tough customer and a consistant 30 goal scorer in the OHL, I would love to see what he and O'Sullivan could do on a line together, Carcillo is a good player too.
Interesting. I can see why they traded Painchaud. He didn't have a great Atlanta camp and looked way worse than last season when I saw him play last week. I didn't even see Efthimhou in the lineup and wasn't sure why.

Closed Thread