HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RFAs- UFA's signings....

Old
07-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Larose re-signs in Carolina...I know he was coveted by some here.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Rex88

There are some very interesting names left.
In order to leave JVR in the AHL were he should have a year to develop his game, the Flyers really need another forward.

Centers include Comrie, Lundmark, and Dom Moore who all have flaws but each with potential.
Wing include Afinogenov, Kotalik, Kovalev, Samuelsson again each with plus /minus.

Someone will be left out when the music stops and that person may jump at a one year 1.2 ish number. Obviously Kovalev is less likely to settle but someone may.

Is this even a realistic possibility given the cap and teams willing to spend to it?

Hartnell - Richards - Gags
Briere - Carter - Carcillo
iLap - Comrie (or other fa from above) Giroux
Ross/Cote - Powe - Asham

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:57 PM
DickTony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88 View Post
In order to leave JVR in the AHL were he should have a year to develop his game, the Flyers really need another forward.

Centers include Comrie, Lundmark, and Dom Moore who all have flaws but each with potential.
Wing include Afinogenov, Kotalik, Kovalev, Samuelsson again each with plus /minus.

Someone will be left out when the music stops and that person may jump at a one year 1.2 ish number. Obviously Kovalev is less likely to settle but someone may.

Is this even a realistic possibility given the cap and teams willing to spend to it?

Ross/Cote - Powe - Asham
Giroux with Lappy and someone like Comrie would be a TOTAL waste

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:06 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonMTG View Post
Giroux with Lappy and someone like Comrie would be a TOTAL waste
Agreed. Giroux needs to grow. And the only way for him to do that is to get top 6 minutes. I know everyone wants to roll three scoring lines, but we can't do that anymore. We'll have two very strong scoring lines with great two way players on each line and then hopefully a strong defensive 3rd line. There is nothing wrong with that either.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:52 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Ross/Cote - Powe - Asham
Why does Carcillo get legit line mates and Giroux doesnt?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:14 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I'd like iLap with Giroux and Briere on the third line, if we are going roll 3 scoring lines. He can muck and grind away for them

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:17 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I'd like iLap with Giroux and Briere on the third line, if we are going roll 3 scoring lines. He can muck and grind away for them
Who would play on the top 2 then? Nodl, Asham, or Carcillo?

Old
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Opus

Loving the use of iLap guys, well done.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:28 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Who would play on the top 2 then? Nodl, Asham, or Carcillo?
My preference is to have Giroux and Briere as RW's but Stevens seems to want to roll 3 scoring lines. And I would hope Holmer signs 1 more forward otherwise:

Gagne-Richards-Powe
iLap-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Carcillo
Cote-Kalisnki-Asham

or

Gagne-RIchards-Giroux
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Powe-iLap
Cote-Kalsinki-Asham

Old
07-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Why does Carcillo get legit line mates and Giroux doesnt?
I was simply trying an idea to spread talent across three lines and get Giroux another player with some offensive skill.

It is simply an idea to "unload" all the scoring from the top two lines and it can be another player not just Giroux. I think the way this team is built there can be alot of goals from the top two lines and almost none elsewhere and that can be trouble. When a set of lines is thrown out, it is a concept more than specifics.

I am more in favour of balanced lines than the" traditional" two scoring, one checking and one rough line - not to mention our current "third line" is not very strong at anything.

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:46 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
My preference is to have Giroux and Briere as RW's but Stevens seems to want to roll 3 scoring lines. And I would hope Holmer signs 1 more forward otherwise:

Gagne-Richards-Powe
iLap-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Carcillo
Cote-Kalisnki-Asham

or

Gagne-RIchards-Giroux
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Powe-iLap
Cote-Kalsinki-Asham
You know, those lines aren't too bad at all. I like the idea of Laperriere on a line with Giroux and Briere. He'd be the "muscle" of the line so to speak and would keep the opposition honest while Giroux and Briere would have space to work. And to a certain extent, I'd be interested in what Hartnell and Carter could do with Carcillo. I don't expect much from Dan, but if he could calm the fighting bit down and just focus on playing hockey, he might be a valuable asset.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:13 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Gagne-Richards-Powe
iLap-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Carcillo
Cote-Kalisnki-Asham

or

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Powe-iLap
Cote-Kalsinki-Asham
Meh, I dont like that.. but what I say Stevens doesnt really care does he . The 2nd option looks the best. Even if I am not a big Carcillo fan, that third line is a legit checking line, our top 2 can score, and our fourth has the rough and fighting stuff (Even though I think Asham and Kalinski can actually put up points).

I was never a fan of the "every line needs a star protector" type of thing.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I was simply trying an idea to spread talent across three lines and get Giroux another player with some offensive skill.

It is simply an idea to "unload" all the scoring from the top two lines and it can be another player not just Giroux. I think the way this team is built there can be alot of goals from the top two lines and almost none elsewhere and that can be trouble. When a set of lines is thrown out, it is a concept more than specifics.

I am more in favour of balanced lines than the" traditional" two scoring, one checking and one rough line - not to mention our current "third line" is not very strong at anything.
The thing is, if you want to spread out your scoring, you need all three that can provide also, not just two on each line. I see what you were saying on the spreading thing. I just think its a waste of talent to stick him with those third line guys.

Old
07-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Opus

Clowe re-signs with the Sharks - 4 years, 3.5M per.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Clowe re-signs with the Sharks - 4 years, 3.5M per.
hmmmmm.. I know some fans like him but thats a lot for a guy who had one good season.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 07:56 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
You know, those lines aren't too bad at all. I like the idea of Laperriere on a line with Giroux and Briere. He'd be the "muscle" of the line so to speak and would keep the opposition honest while Giroux and Briere would have space to work. And to a certain extent, I'd be interested in what Hartnell and Carter could do with Carcillo. I don't expect much from Dan, but if he could calm the fighting bit down and just focus on playing hockey, he might be a valuable asset.
Holmgren pretty much has to try to play Carcillo on the 2nd or 3rd line to make himself not look as bad. If Carcillo can get back to the 13 goals he scored for Phoenix, he would be fine with Hartnell and Carter. Maybe he'll even be the net presence on the 2nd unit. I think Phoenix used to use him on the powerplay. I hate Carcillo as much as anyone, but I think he'll get a chance.

And For some reason I like Powe with Richards. and Gagne-Richards-Powe would be a good checking line aswell. And iLap with The little ones will work well I think.

Although I still hope Holmer gets another top 9 winger so either Powe or Carcillo can go back to the 4th line

Old
07-03-2009, 10:15 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
hmmmmm.. I know some fans like him but thats a lot for a guy who had one good season.
Seems like a trend in the contracts the Sharks hand out.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote