HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Ian Cole

Old
06-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Milan the God*

vCash: 500
Ian Cole

After watching a program on the NHL Network following the St Louis Blues at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, they seemed very high on Ian Cole.

How's Ian Cole progressing? What do you see as his future in the NHL?

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

PM me and I'll give you a link to my interview with Cole. He explains where he's at in his development and everything.

Terror91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:57 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

I'm a Blues fan, so I may be biased.

I've seen a handful of Notre Dame games over the past season and he looks dominant at the college level. He's all over the ice, leading the rush, playing forward on the powerplay, and playing great defense.

He is more skilled than advertised. The way he finds open ice is very noticeable, and combined with his defensive positioning, I'd say that speaks very well of his hockey IQ. The Blues raved about his strength and conditioning, but it appears to me that's just a nice addition to a very complete package. I think he's ready to make the next step and turn pro.

I think he projects as a borderline #3 to #2 two-way defenseman. A bit of puck movement and a nice bit of physical crunch you need in a shutdown guy. With EJ, Pietrangelo, Rundblad, Polak, and all the other young Blues d-men, I think Cole will be a solid partner for EJ or will round out a killer second pairing. I don't think he'll end up any lower than a #4 defender.

He also seems like an intelligent guy with good character. Future alternate material for sure.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Milan the God*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post

I've seen a handful of Notre Dame games over the past season and he looks dominant at the college level. He's all over the ice, leading the rush, playing forward on the powerplay, and playing great defense.

He is more skilled than advertised. The way he finds open ice is very noticeable, and combined with his defensive positioning, I'd say that speaks very well of his hockey IQ. The Blues raved about his strength and conditioning, but it appears to me that's just a nice addition to a very complete package. I think he's ready to make the next step and turn pro.

I think he projects as a borderline #3 to #2 two-way defenseman. A bit of puck movement and a nice bit of physical crunch you need in a shutdown guy. With EJ, Pietrangelo, Rundblad, Polak, and all the other young Blues d-men, I think Cole will be a solid partner for EJ or will round out a killer second pairing. I don't think he'll end up any lower than a #4 defender.

He also seems like an intelligent guy with good character. Future alternate material for sure.
Thanks. Sounds like he'll be a solid defenseman.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:04 PM
xicethug13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post

everything in this post is correct...cole is one of my favorite prospects he plays good d...he moves the puck very well...and hes physically very strong....he's gonna be great in stlouis

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:56 PM
STL fan in IA

Cole could very easily turn pro this season but has thus far indicated he's leaning returning to ND for a 3rd season...although he seems not quite so sure in Oshniak's interview.

He seems like a good two-way guy to me. Not flashy but solid. I don't see him as being an offensive d-man in the NHL but not completely devoid of offensive output either. I see him developing as a very nice 2nd pairing guy in a few years.

STL fan in IA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

Ian told me he plans on staying at Notre Dame for another year.

This could change in the next few months, but I'm just letting you guys know what I was told.

Terror91 is offline   Reply With Quote