HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jordan Leopold signs a 1 year deal with Florida

Old
07-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Energise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
That makes one of us.
Keep the faith and you'll be rewarded!

/pray

Energise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

$1.75m/yr is a pretty darn good deal for Leopold if he can stay healthy.

Stories is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 12:42 AM
jaems

Leopold was a huge disappointment in Colorado and not that great in Calgary after the trade either. I respect the fact that he wasn't greedy this year and will likely work hard to garner a higher salary.

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Feds on D

At first when I saw this, my mind immediatly said: "Ok, they lost J. Bo, now they try not to look like asshats." Boy, was I wrong, this seems like a very solid signing, $1.75 for a fringe #5 or #4 d-man is a good price.

I don't much care about the year he had, playing on an awful Colorado team, getting traded to a good team, but never really clicked or had the time to click with his teammates, only to be notified: "You won't get an offer from us this summer." That gotta put a dent in your confidence. I predict a good season from Leopold, landing him a nice 3 or 4 year deal next season, which pays him close to $2.5M per.

Feds on D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 07:22 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
Good signing by Florida. Leopold is a very underrated D man imo. Too bad it's only a 1 year...
You must not have watched him last year. He was horrible. IMO, Leopold has regressed in the last 2 yrs. I am not sure if he is the type of players that should be on a winning team. His giveaways/bad passes were horrendous. I didnt want him back on the Flames even though they really needed someone to fill out the lineup.

That said, Leopold used to be a solid dman with offensive skills. The money is low and only for 1 year so may be he thinks he can prove himself for a bigger contract, that's a good sign. On the other hand, may be he just wants to move to Florida to retire.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote