HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

All time favorites...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-13-2004, 06:02 AM
  #1
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,260
vCash: 500
All time favorites...

Create a team using your all time favorite players. New or old your team should have 4 lines, 3 pairs of D, two goalies and a coach.
  • Michel Goulet - Mario Lemieux - Mike Bossy
  • Gary Roberts - Jean Beliveau - Hakan Loob
  • Frank Mahovlich - Mats Sundin - Mark Recchi
  • Mats Naslund - Denis Savard - Trevor Linden
  • Paul Coffey - Larry Murphy
  • Barclay Plager - Craig Hartsberg
  • Serge Savard - Larry Robinson
  • Jacques Plante
  • Patrick Roy
  • Mentions: Igor Larionov, Ron Francis, Steve Larmer, Bobby Orr, Randy Carlyle
  • Coach: Badger Bob Johnson

#66 is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 08:55 AM
  #2
Zetterberg4Captain*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Henrik Zetterberg-Steve Yzerman-Pavel Datsyuk
John Leclair-Saku Koivu-Igor Larionov
Bob Probert-Keith Primeau-Martin Lapointe
Trevor Linden-Mario Lemieux-Kris Draper

Paul Coffey-Nicklas Lidstrom
Sheldon Souray-Scott Stevens
Jiri Fischer-Scott Neidermayer

Jose Theodore
Manny Legace

Scotty Bowman


Last edited by Zetterberg4Captain*: 10-13-2004 at 08:59 AM.
Zetterberg4Captain* is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 10:29 AM
  #3
lonnyB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Makarov - Larionov - Krutov
Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Zetterberg
P. Bure - Fedorov - Mogilny
A. Khomutov - S. Bykov - Wayne Gretzky

Fetisov - Kasatonov
Lidstrom - Stevens
Orr - Pitkanen

Tretjak
Hasek

lonnyB is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 12:03 PM
  #4
Habsfan 32
Registered User
 
Habsfan 32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way up north...
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Kovalchuk Lemieux Bertuzzi
Marleau Beliveau Heatley
Ryder Primeau Doan
Bulis Ricci CheeChoo

Chara-Redden
Bouwmeester-Souray
Jovanovski-A.Markov

Roy
Legace

Marc Crawford

Habsfan 32 is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
  #5
trahans99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Heatley Gretzky Nash
Spezza Lemieux Iginla
Hawerchuk Sakic Fata
Thornton P Bure Lecavilier

Coffey Bourque
Lowe MacInnis
Bouwmeester Blake


Luongo
Hrudey

Crawford

trahans99 is offline  
Old
10-14-2004, 06:57 PM
  #6
Bring Back Bucky
Registered User
 
Bring Back Bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Delicieux!
Country: Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 7,824
vCash: 50
Ryan Smyth
Wayne Gretzky
Jari Kurri

Michel Goulet
Mark Messier
Mike Bossy

Clark Gillies
Steve Yzerman
Glen Anderson

Esa Tikkanen
Mats Naslund
Steve Larmer

Paul Coffey
Dave Langevin

Ray Bourque
Kevin Lowe

Paul Reinhart
Craig Hartsburg

Grant Fuhr
Bill Ranford

Press box: Denis Savard, Brad Park, Kelly Buchberger

Bring Back Bucky is offline  
Old
10-15-2004, 12:35 PM
  #7
Malefic74
Registered User
 
Malefic74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halfway between Nothing and Not Much Else
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
J. Kurri - W. Gretzky - M. Bossy
M. Richard - J. Beliveau - G. Howe
M. Lemieux - G. Perreault - G. Lafleur
B. Gainey - G. Carbonneau - D. Jarvis

B. Orr - S. Savard
L. Robinson - D. Harvey
A. McInnis - D. Potvin

K. Dryden
M. Brodeur

Press Box: J. Ferguson, R. Langway, B. Trottier

Coach: T. Blake GM: S. Pollock

Malefic74 is offline  
Old
10-17-2004, 04:34 PM
  #8
Russian_fanatic
Registered User
 
Russian_fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,638
vCash: 500
Markus Naslund-Joe Sakic-Trevor Linden
Lanny McDonald-Sergei Fedorov-Cam Neely
Bate Battagalia-Rob Neidermayer-Matt Cooke
Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Jason King

Ed Jovanovski-Bobby Orr
Bryan Allen-Doug Harvey
Scott Neidermayer-Mattias Ohlund

Cecil "Tiny" Thompson
Andy Moog

Russian_fanatic is offline  
Old
10-18-2004, 05:59 PM
  #9
JaymzB
Registered User
 
JaymzB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 2,539
vCash: 500
M. Lemieux-W. Gretzky-M. Naslund
S. Richer-B. Trotier-M. Bossy
J. Sakic-B. Gainey-K. Muller
M. Recchi-S. Koivu-M. Keane

R. Bourque-L. Robinson
N. Lidstrom-C. Chelios
R. Blake-K. Lowe

P. Roy
M. Brodeur

Coach: Scotty Bowman

JaymzB is offline  
Old
10-18-2004, 09:42 PM
  #10
jiggs 10
Registered User
 
jiggs 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockeytown, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Kariya-Gretzky-Kurri
Shanahan-Yzerman-Bossy
Richard-D. Savard-Lafleur
Bobby Hull-Sakic-Bure

Orr-Lidstrom
Coffey-Bourque
Potvin-Robinson

Sawchuk
Tony Esposito

Herb Brooks

jiggs 10 is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 09:58 AM
  #11
Malefic74
Registered User
 
Malefic74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halfway between Nothing and Not Much Else
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
Kariya-Gretzky-Kurri
Shanahan-Yzerman-Bossy
Richard-D. Savard-Lafleur
Bobby Hull-Sakic-Bure

Orr-Lidstrom
Coffey-Bourque
Potvin-Robinson

Sawchuk
Tony Esposito

Herb Brooks
Nice team, but where's Mario? I only ask because I too had Hull in there for the longest time but I just couldn't justify keeping him over Lemieux. Love the Espo pick.

Malefic74 is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 10:20 AM
  #12
Chili
Registered User
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: la Belle Province
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,952
vCash: 500
Tretiak, Dryden <Luongo>

Orr, Potvin, Robinson, Savard, Scott Stevens, Langway <Coffey, MacInnis, Salming>

Lafleur, Bossy, Gordie Howe, Jagr, Lemieux, Gretzky, Messier, Trottier, Gainey, Bobby Hull, Rocket Richard, John Ferguson. < Bobby Clarke, Frank Mahovlich, Kurri, Joe Mullen>

edit: Coach: Scotty Bowman


Last edited by Chili: 10-20-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Chili is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 12:02 PM
  #13
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Markus Naslund-Joe Sakic-Trevor Linden
Lanny McDonald-Sergei Fedorov-Cam Neely
Bate Battagalia-Rob Neidermayer-Matt Cooke
Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Jason King

Ed Jovanovski-Bobby Orr
Bryan Allen-Doug Harvey
Scott Neidermayer-Mattias Ohlund

Cecil "Tiny" Thompson
Andy Moog
I had you pegged as a K-L-Mer. ???

#66 is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 02:11 PM
  #14
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66
Create a team using your all time favorite players. New or old your team should have 4 lines, 3 pairs of D, two goalies and a coach.
  • Michel Goulet - Mario Lemieux - Mike Bossy
  • Gary Roberts - Jean Beliveau - Hakan Loob
  • Frank Mahovlich - Mats Sundin - Mark Recchi
  • Mats Naslund - Denis Savard - Trevor Linden
  • Paul Coffey - Larry Murphy
  • Barclay Plager - Craig Hartsberg
  • Serge Savard - Larry Robinson
  • Jacques Plante
  • Patrick Roy
  • Mentions: Igor Larionov, Ron Francis, Steve Larmer, Bobby Orr, Randy Carlyle
  • Coach: Badger Bob Johnson
Here is mine

Brian Sutter-Bryan Trottier-Brett Hull
Wendel Clark-Doug Gilmour-Joe Mullen
Clark Gillies-Joel Otto-Cam Neely
Joe Kocur-Dale Hunter-Bob Probert

Bobby Orr-Denis Potvin
Chris Chelios-Al MacInnis
Scott Stevens-Marty McSorley

Billy Smith
Mike Liut

Coach- Donald S. Cherry

c-carp is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 03:06 PM
  #15
revolverjgw
Registered User
 
revolverjgw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,059
vCash: 500
Bobby Hull- Wayne Gretzky- Jari Kurri
Bob Gainey- Saku Koivu- Gordie Howe
Vincent Damphousse- Jean Beliveau- Guy LaFleur
Guy Carbonneau- Denis Savard- Peter Bondra

Al MacInnis- Bobby Orr
Ray Bourque- Larry Robinson
Denis Potvin- Paul Coffey

Patrick Roy
Ken Dryden

revolverjgw is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 05:11 PM
  #16
jiggs 10
Registered User
 
jiggs 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockeytown, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefic74
Nice team, but where's Mario? I only ask because I too had Hull in there for the longest time but I just couldn't justify keeping him over Lemieux. Love the Espo pick.
Well, it's for my all-time favorites, and I'm NOT a Mario fan in the least, so I didn't pick him. IF it was for all-time BEST, I probably would put him in there somewhere!

P.S. I think Bobby Hull was BETTER than Mario in the long run, anyway. Better skater, better scorer, stronger, did more to change the game, etc.

Yeah, I always liked Tony O. Too bad he played on some bad teams late in his career.

jiggs 10 is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 07:25 PM
  #17
Malefic74
Registered User
 
Malefic74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halfway between Nothing and Not Much Else
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
Well, it's for my all-time favorites, and I'm NOT a Mario fan in the least, so I didn't pick him. IF it was for all-time BEST, I probably would put him in there somewhere!

P.S. I think Bobby Hull was BETTER than Mario in the long run, anyway. Better skater, better scorer, stronger, did more to change the game, etc.

Yeah, I always liked Tony O. Too bad he played on some bad teams late in his career.
THAT opinion of Mario must make you real popular with the young'uns on this board! (Though your points are all valid from the little I have seen of Hull's tapes and such)

Malefic74 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.