HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is JJ Being Shopped?

Old
07-03-2009, 08:07 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
WRONG! Sully didn't hold out, Lombardi told him to stay home from camp so he wouldn't feel pressured around the other guys at camp. We don't know that Dean takes a tough stance during negotiations, that's just something that people on gossip boards like this like to dream up....
I've got shore front property in Louisiana or condo's in the Sahara desert. What's your choice?

Really, he'd feel pressure from his peers? DL told him to stay home, knowing that he'd be chomping at the bit to get out there and practice with his teammates. That's added pressure not being on the ice. If you don't play ball, you dont get to play. The longer he was away from camp, the more pressure he'd feel.

And WRONG AGAIN, we do know that DL plays hard ball in negotiating contracts from all that happened in San Jose and the Cammy situation.

Next.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 08:16 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
And WRONG AGAIN, we do know that DL plays hard ball in negotiating contracts from all that happened in San Jose and the Cammy situation.

Next.
When he feels a need to take a hard line in the sand, yes, DL does play hardball. However you can't say that as a general rule DL plays hardball (and by extension tries to undermine and underpay players).

I think a fair compromise is to say that "Lombardi has been known to play hardball will some young players, but has also signed many to reasonable contracts and others even to contracts some would suggest are overpayments."

Shades of grey. They don't exist in law books, but they do in people!

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 09:20 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

a lot of this depends on what's out there. signing scuderi probably just makes DL more open to the idea of trading JJ, but i doubt he's aggressively trying to sell him off to the highest bidder.

Trading off good young Dman with tons of potential is just not something DL is likely to do. He goes on and on about NAS being in such a great position because of the wealth of good young Dman they have. Now that DL has finally started to build his own collection, will he dismantle it now just cause it's there?

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote