HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartford Wolf Pack Offseason Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2009, 10:38 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
He's got a lot of guys ahead of him in line in Hartford...

On an unrelated note, he was just traded straight up for Wayne Primeau in my NHL 09 season...

Old
06-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Scotianhab

vCash: 500
Hey guy, I'm just wondering what the chances are that Ryan Hillier will start the season in Hartford. Looking at his stats it looks like he had a rough year in Charlotte. I know he was banged up a bit too during the season.

Old
06-21-2009, 08:49 PM
squishy

Looks like Sugden won't be returning to the Pack:

Quote:
"I think everybody knows, if I'm going to play in the American Hockey League, my first choice would be Syracuse,'' Sugden said. "If Jon doesn't sign, would I come to Syracuse? Of course I would.''

Sugden compiled one assist and 136 PIM in 56 games for Hartford last season. He said he had 16 fights, less than half the total he'd like. From a fighting perspective, he said the Wolf Pack's Atlantic Division came up a little short.

"As tough guys go, they had me in Hartford and Westgarth in Manchester. No one had a heavyweight who wanted to fight me night in and night out,'' Sugden said. "After Christmas, I couldn't buy a fight.''
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2009...mirasty_a.html

Between Orr and Sugden, I fear Dagoon's head might explode.

But realistically, this is not a significant loss for the Pack by any stretch of the imagination.

Old
06-21-2009, 08:53 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Sugar is a tough guy, and hopefully he's got his life back in order. I wish him all the best.

Old
06-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Looks like Sugden won't be returning to the Pack:

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2009...mirasty_a.html

Between Orr and Sugden, I fear Dagoon's head might explode.

But realistically, this is not a significant loss for the Pack by any stretch of the imagination.
I agree Sugar can be replaced. But Orr no way. The Torts effect has started

Old
06-29-2009, 04:41 PM
squishy

Anisimov traveled to Switzerland yesterday, where he'll spend the next two weeks at a training camp run by former Soviet/Russian/Yaroslavl Lokomotiv coach and IIHF Hall of Famer Vladimir Yurzinov. Not sure who exactly is going to be there (other than his buddy, Devils prospect Alexander Vasyunov) but it's usually a mix of young up-and-coming players and experienced vets, some Russian and some not (for example last year Alexei Yashin, Darius Kasparitis, and Luca Spisa attended).

Old
06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Anisimov traveled to Switzerland yesterday, where he'll spend the next two weeks at a training camp run by former Soviet/Russian/Yaroslavl Lokomotiv coach and IIHF Hall of Famer Vladimir Yurzinov. Not sure who exactly is going to be there (other than his buddy, Devils prospect Alexander Vasyunov) but it's usually a mix of young up-and-coming players and experienced vets, some Russian and some not (for example last year Alexei Yashin, Darius Kasparitis, and Luca Spisa attended).
Didn't he do this last summer as well? Yurzinov is a tough cookie, as a lot of those old-school Russian coaches are. It's encouraging to hear, means he's dedicated to getting better.

Old
07-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Vitto79

So does the likelihood of :

Arnason, Locke, Parenteau
Rissmiller, Moore, Voros

in Hartford block some prospects or will some of these guys be moved to the ECHL even / 4th line Hartford

I know Riss and Voros will be on waivers but who will pick them up and then at that pt they cant be called up because they could be lost on reentry

Can someone please put up a mock Hartford lineup going into next year on who will make the team

Lets assume Sauer, Gilroy,Potter, Anisimov, Byers make the Rangers which could be too many but I think they all could

Old
07-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Sammy the Great

Vitto - Think you hit the nail on the head. Issue that HFD could face is too many vets.

They can't, I believe per CBA, be moved to ECHL.

I think we'll see at least 1, maybe 2, of them (PAP, Riss, Voros, Moore) moved in some manner. It'll be tough to get anything in return, but if all 4 or even 5 of the six end up in HFD, that's too many for an AHL team in terms of taking up spots/time of younger guys.

Yes, I know PAP just signed, but that has never stopped teams from moving someone so quick.

Last edited by Sammy the Great: 07-04-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Addition
Old
07-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Levitate

eh, what young forwards do the pack have right now that would be blocked?

I feel like Anisimov was the only legit top six guy down there...I guess you still want Dupont to get icetime, but am I forgetting someone who would be blocked by these vets?

Sounds like Hartford really needed to fill some holes for next year

Weise needs icetime too I guess. Those look like the only two vaguely top six guys though, unless Grachev plays there and I'm sure they'll get him plenty of icetime

Old
07-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Sammy the Great

I'd add Owens to that list and possibly Crowder and Didiomete. Throw in recent picks like a Grachev and you've got almost 2 lines of guys if all are guys the org want to get ice time and develop.

Old
07-04-2009, 09:55 AM
squishy

There's no way Voros and Rissmiller will both be in Hartford to start the season. I suspect the team will do everyting it can to move Rissmiller by the time the season starts. I think assuming Voros is there is premature as well to be honest.

The AHL has a "veteran rule" that restricts teams to no more than 5 vets on the roster for any given game. "Vet" is qualified as any player who's played more than a certain number of AHL, NHL or Euro elite league games... I'm on my phone so I can't check right now but I think the threshold may be 350. So Moore doesn't qualify but I'm pretty sure Parenteau and Locke do, as would Voros and Rissmiller if they do end up there. I think Fahey probably does too. Not sure about Heineken.

As for players that could potentially be blocked by vets... there certainly aren't as many as there have been in recent years but there are still guys down there with a shot at making the NHL: Grachev, Owens, Moore, Weise, Dupont, Chappel, Crowder... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but I'm doing this off the top of my head. I haven't really stopped to think about Hartford's line-up yet cause there are still a lot of things up in the air.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
07-04-2009, 10:04 AM
squishy

Ack forgot DiDiomete, tho he's got a long ways to go. Soryal's got a shot as well.

Also not sure about Ambuhl and whether he's got 350 elite league games or if he'll be in Hartford or not.

Not a lot of guys with hands tho, which is why you see guys like PA ans Locke.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
07-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Levitate

I would wonder if the Rangers buy out Voros or Rissmiller rather than force them into the lineup. I'm not sure there's really a lot of room for them in NY either at this point

Old
07-04-2009, 10:09 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
There's no way Voros and Rissmiller will both be in Hartford to start the season. I suspect the team will do everyting it can to move Rissmiller by the time the season starts. I think assuming Voros is there is premature as well to be honest.

The AHL has a "veteran rule" that restricts teams to no more than 5 vets on the roster for any given game. "Vet" is qualified as any player who's played more than a certain number of AHL, NHL or Euro elite league games... I'm on my phone so I can't check right now but I think the threshold may be 350. So Moore doesn't qualify but I'm pretty sure Parenteau and Locke do, as would Voros and Rissmiller if they do end up there. I think Fahey probably does too. Not sure about Heineken.

As for players that could potentially be blocked by vets... there certainly aren't as many as there have been in recent years but there are still guys down there with a shot at making the NHL: Grachev, Owens, Moore, Weise, Dupont, Chappel, Crowder... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but I'm doing this off the top of my head. I haven't really stopped to think about Hartford's line-up yet cause there are still a lot of things up in the air.
Posted via Mobile Device
Other guys could include ECHL forwards who have disappointed to date, like Hillier, if they show up and surprise. Also, potentially Kveton, although I'm fairly certain if he doesn't make the Rangers, he'll go back to his Czech team.

Having said that, I doubt moving forwards at the HFD level in order to make room if necessary will prove to be a problem.

What're your thoughts on "paying" other teams to take Rissmiller and potentially Voros off our hands? Say giving up 7th round picks/C level prospects to take them?

Old
07-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Sammy the Great

I for one do not see how Voros fits in NYR. He hardly played for Torts and his skating is nowhere near what Torts wants from his guys. But, don't think he'd do much in HFD in the way of pts either. He's got 30 pts in his most productive AHL season.

Anyhow - agree w/ Squish, if NYR can move Rissmiller they will.

That gets me thinking - say they can move Rissmiller; say for some reason Voros makes NYR this year and PAP doesn't. Then you only have Arnason, PAP, Locke & Moore in HFD.

(all per hockeydb)
Ambuhl - 355 games in Davos
Heikkenen - 263 games in Finland
Voros - 332 games in AHL/NHL
Fahey - 419 games in AHL/ECHL (315 in just AHL)
Locke - 391 in AHL/NHL
PAP - 422 in AHL/NHL/ECHL (2 of that in ECHL)
Rissmiller - 530 in AHL/NHL
Moore - 230 in AHL/NHL
Arnason - well over the limit

I actually wouldn't be too surprised to see Heikkenen get a long look in NYC.

Last edited by Sammy the Great: 07-04-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old
07-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Sammy the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I would wonder if the Rangers buy out Voros or Rissmiller rather than force them into the lineup. I'm not sure there's really a lot of room for them in NY either at this point
NYR missed the cut off for buyouts. So that could not happen until next summer.

BRF makes a good pt. Can't forget about ECHL guys they that would earn a spot in HFD.

I think NYR will/would move Voros or Rissmiller if they don't have take any salary back. Catch is that many teams would require NYR to take something in the way of contract or salary back.

But Burke did exactly what BRF mentions with TB this past season. Totally within the rules of the CBA.

Old
07-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Levitate

ahh, well, I wouldn't think it's impossible to move those two to some team that could use a 4th liner and needs to get their cap number up/has plenty of cap space.

Old
07-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Sammy the Great

Per theAHL rulebook from 2008-2009:
http://theahl.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/...8-09_rules.pdf

"Each Member club must dress for each regularly scheduled or
playoff game at least twelve (12) players, other than goalkeepers, who
have played in a total of not more than two hundred sixty (260) regular
season games in the National Hockey League, American Hockey
League, International Hockey League or any European Elite League,
prior to the start of the season and one (1) player, other than
goalkeepers, who has played in a total of not more than Three-
Hundred and Twenty (320) regular season games in the National
Hockey League, American Hockey League, International Hockey
League or any European Elite League, prior to the start of the season.
Any player that participates in European Elite League games during a
hockey season which the player would be eligible to play in the
Canadian Hockey League (excluding an over-age year) shall not have
such games count in the calculation of the two hundred sixty (260)
regular season games. Player s on loan from the National Hockey
League for a first fourteen day conditioning period shall not be affected
by the aforesaid experience requirement. In the event a Club dresses
fewer than eighteen (18) skaters the number twelve (12) shall be
reduced accordingly. The penalty for violation of this section of By-Law
8 shall be the same as..."

If I am interpreting this correctly, then they have some juggling to do and as many have said on this board - they are not done in NYC shaping up the roster.

Typical NYR moves - bring in lot of guys, see where they fall and go from there. I would not be surprised to see if Voros or Rissmiller or even PAP are waived they'd bring them back through re-entry. That'd only be 500K/yr against the cap if Voros/Rissmiller claimed on re-entry and 250K for PAP for this year against the cap. Only 1 would be put be on re-entry though. For 500K someone would take Voros or Rissmiller.

That said - the folks in NYR haven't done a great job handling the cap limits...

Last edited by Sammy the Great: 07-04-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old
07-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Even if Voros and Rissmiller were on Hartford they wouldn't make a line with both of those idiots together. You'd probably see Dupont with PAP, etc. Lots of line shuffling most likely, unless something sticks very well.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:13 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

If the Rangers want to bury a player and don't have room in Hartford there are a couple of other options. Some AHL teams will not be getting a full compliment of players from their affiliate partner next year. Rochester is one I know for sure. There will be other places to assign a player. And there's always the Eastren or Central Leagues, just ask Rick Kozak. Rissmiller could be suiting up for the Toledo Walleye or Rapid City Rush next year.

Old
07-04-2009, 08:59 PM
squishy

A player on an NHL contract can't be assigned to the ECHL or CHL without their permission.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
07-04-2009, 09:55 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy the Great View Post
Per theAHL rulebook from 2008-2009:
http://theahl.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/...8-09_rules.pdf

"Each Member club must dress for each regularly scheduled or
playoff game at least twelve (12) players, other than goalkeepers, who
have played in a total of not more than two hundred sixty (260) regular
season games in the National Hockey League, American Hockey
League, International Hockey League or any European Elite League,
prior to the start of the season and one (1) player, other than
goalkeepers, who has played in a total of not more than Three-
Hundred and Twenty (320) regular season games in the National
Hockey League, American Hockey League, International Hockey
League or any European Elite League, prior to the start of the season.
Any player that participates in European Elite League games during a
hockey season which the player would be eligible to play in the
Canadian Hockey League (excluding an over-age year) shall not have
such games count in the calculation of the two hundred sixty (260)
regular season games. Player s on loan from the National Hockey
League for a first fourteen day conditioning period shall not be affected
by the aforesaid experience requirement. In the event a Club dresses
fewer than eighteen (18) skaters the number twelve (12) shall be
reduced accordingly. The penalty for violation of this section of By-Law
8 shall be the same as..."

If I am interpreting this correctly, then they have some juggling to do and as many have said on this board - they are not done in NYC shaping up the roster.

Typical NYR moves - bring in lot of guys, see where they fall and go from there. I would not be surprised to see if Voros or Rissmiller or even PAP are waived they'd bring them back through re-entry. That'd only be 500K/yr against the cap if Voros/Rissmiller claimed on re-entry and 250K for PAP for this year against the cap. Only 1 would be put be on re-entry though. For 500K someone would take Voros or Rissmiller.

That said - the folks in NYR haven't done a great job handling the cap limits...
Re-entry waivers?Why would the players place Rissmiller on re-entry and take a $500k cap hit in 09-10 and 10-11. The entire contract is shared and not just the 09-10 season.

Old
07-04-2009, 09:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Moore is group 6 UFA and Heikkinen is a signed to a 1 year ELC

Old
07-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Sammy the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Re-entry waivers?Why would the players place Rissmiller on re-entry and take a $500k cap hit in 09-10 and 10-11. The entire contract is shared and not just the 09-10 season.
I think you mean the NYR placing him on re-entry. Why? B/c they might have a numbers issue re: vets in HFD and re-entry the only way to move him. If they can manage the cap appropriately, then 500K for this year and next is nothing. But, if they can't, like last year and they your inability to do so, then it'd be an issue.

Is it ideal? No, definitely not. But something will probably have to give in terms of numbers, but we are a long way from training camp and plenty of time for move movement.

I meant Voros/Riss would cap hits this year and next and ONLY PAP would be just this year.

Last edited by Sammy the Great: 07-04-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Closed Thread