HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks sign UFA Tanner Glass

Old
07-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Kid Canuck*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod View Post
Gaborik in Slovakian

Nice first post
yes great success

Kid Canuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Canucks5551

I know a player is obscure when I've never heard of him. It's surprising to me that I haven't, because he has played half a season in the NHL before.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 07:40 AM
THE VERBALIZER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Yeah, this doesn't seem very moneypuck to me...not much potential at any level. He's not even much of a player in the AHL.

~Canucklehead~
living in Victoria, I look forward to seeing this guy on the Salmonkings.

THE VERBALIZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:49 PM
ronniesask

After a little research, I would add that perhaps if this kid was put on a line that had offensive expectations then his role could be more offensive. He was close to a point a game in his last two years of college and Jr, is one of a few Dartmouth players to make the Darmouth Sports Hall of Fame. Is that because they fight all day in college, not. Let the kid play with some offensive players and not have the expectation that all he can do is help out others who cannot take care of their own issues, and he can be a solid player. He has speed, enough size, toughness and certainly enough strength to take on the bemouths he has been expected to, or put on the ice to deal with so far. He can have touch around the net when given the opportunity to be there.

I also found this "He was also the recipient of Dartmouthís McInnis Award, which is given to the player who best reflects the spirit, camaraderie, loyalty and dedication to the team." Now from what I now about sports, this is usually what is lacking when you put a bunch of millionaires in the same locker room.

This is a quote from Hockey Future staff writer: "Glass is a reliable, hard-working two-way forward noted for his great leadership. He is a player who leads by example and will do whatever it takes for the betterment of his team. Glass is a fierce competitor who isnít afraid to mix things up. His quickness and speed allows him to win many battles to loose pucks. He is defensively responsible and can play in virtually any type of situation. Glass possesses a good shot with a very quick release. He has good on-ice vision and awareness and anticipates remarkably well. He plays with a very active stick and excels almost equally in making passes as he does in taking away passing lanes. Glass is also strong along the boards and in the corners. He has also demonstrated a knack for scoring timely goals."

My own opinion having followed him over the years is that given a chance to "play hockey" and not just babysit the Sedin's he can make any team better.

ronniesask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:11 PM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
An Ivy League-educated goon? Haven't seen one of those since Neil Sheehy.
George Parros?

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:17 PM
THE VERBALIZER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabums View Post
George Parros?
hot dog, we have a wiener!!!

THE VERBALIZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:49 PM
express

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playersearch.htm?team=VAN

looks like it's finally official. Added to the team's roster on NHL.com.

I'd like to point out I broke this signing on my blog two days ago. Haha, TSN can eat it. :p

express is offline   Reply With Quote