HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Projections - Fill in the blanks

Old
07-04-2009, 02:42 AM
theone17

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to theone17
Smyth (6.25) - Kopi (6.8) - Williams (3.5)
Frolov (2.9) - Stoll (3.6) - Brown (3.175)
Moller (.875) - Handzus (4) - Simmonds (.822)
Purcell (??) - UFA(??) - Cliche (.850)

Doughty (3.475) - Scuderi (3.4)
Greene (2.95) - OD (1.25)
Johnson (??) - Voynov (.875)

Quick (.77)
Ersberg (.75)

theone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Have some of you forgotten who coaches this team?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:55 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Have some of you forgotten who coaches this team?
A valid concern. But I honestly think with the top 6 really solid (unless he goes with Fro the mighty checker again), along with Murray knowing most of his players going in to camp, we may actually see some consistency in lines. It is also very likely that he juggles them constantly.

I would hope it is safe to say however that the days of Harrold on the PP and Ivanans on the first line are long over.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:38 AM
ciccarelli80

This is the lineup I see except with Ivanans in on the 4th line. Clune or Cliche might not be ready yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsully2312 View Post
Smyth Kopi Williams
Frolov Stoll Brown
Lewis Handzus Simmonds
Westgarth Cliche Clune

I say let Mr. Moller get 1st line minutes in Manchester. He'll bulk up a bit this offseason then dominate in the AHL for a season. Then 2 seasons from now he'll be more then ready to step in as a top 6 forward. I really like Ted Purcell but I don't believe he can play anywhere but the top 2 lines. Possibly put him with Stoll and Brown and move Frolov back to the Handzus line. Moving Lewis to the Handzus line will add some more speed and skill to that line. Lewis is a hardworker as well and can definitely play in a bottom 6 role. Solid 3rd line indeed. I don't think Richardson will be on next years club. I plugged Cliche in for now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another bottom 6 depth signing. Clune will surprise and make the club. Before his injury last preseason he was looking good. Similar player to Lappy. I like Raitis but I do believe Westgarth is ready for the big time. Great fighter!

It's a shame to leave Purcell off, but I believe he needs to show up to camp ready to play this year. Has loads of potential so lets hope he pulls through. Reminds me of a bigger Alex Tanguay.

Doughty OD
Johnson Greene
Hickey Scuderi

Harrold
DD

DD looked outstanding in his brief call up late last season. I do believe Hickey is going to have an amazing camp but we'll see. It's never a bad thing to have Depth on D. ^_^

And of course
Quick
EE

Bernier will star in Manchester. This young depth is outstanding.
The NHL and NBA will both have playoffs games at Staples Center Next Spring!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

ciccarelli80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:38 AM
regulate

If Zeiler is on the NHL roster, then once again, we would reveal we don't have enough depth to be a playoff team. Take some of the deadwood away, like we already have (Calder, Armstrong), keep removing more (Zeiler, Harrold), then maybe we might be ready to step up. We shall see.

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:23 AM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
If Zeiler is on the NHL roster, then once again, we would reveal we don't have enough depth to be a playoff team. Take some of the deadwood away, like we already have (Calder, Armstrong), keep removing more (Zeiler, Harrold), then maybe we might be ready to step up. We shall see.

...or let alone even be an nhl team havng zeiler...who thinks having zeiler would make the team a stanley cup winner. not me.

...don't get me started about harrold. he definitely is tm's pet (or......?) i'd have to say he is way better than zeiler...i bet av fans would have been happy if z was thrown into the smyth deal

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:34 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

personally, unless Hickey or Voynov blow away the staff in camp i'd rather see Drewiske as the 6th and Harrold as the 7th

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:12 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

As of right now:

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Moulson-Handzus-Simmonds
Ivanans-Lewis-Westgarth
Richardson,Zeiler

Doughty-Greene
Johnson-Scuderi
O'Donnell-Drewiske
Harrold

Murray loves toughness and has mentioned that this team plays differently when Ivanans is out. He rolled both guys at the same time last season and I think he will experiment with it again if both guys are still Kings property.

Moulson is a very intelligent hockey player and is the best current fit for that 3rd line out of what is currently available in the system. Richardson is **** and I thought Hextall pretty much said as much in an interview...maybe it was someone else.

Purcell doesn't have a spot. If he wants to make this team out of camp, he has to earn that 3rd line wing spot. That means he'd have to chagne his game which, apparently, he'll have to change anyways just to be a regular on this team. We'll see but in all honesty, I think Teddy is trade bait. That or he is going to be in Manchester again.

I thought that Ivanans would be traded this Summer since Westgarth is ready. I still think he will be but the return will most likely be a pick and not a player coming back. Clune could surprise in camp and the 4th line could be Clune-Lewis-Westgarth.

Either way, the first 3 lines are going to play a lot of minutes. This team will ice an enforcer in 95% of its games. If Moen is signed for the 3rd line, then the 4th line is not going to get much ice time at all and there sole reason to exist will be to inflict pain.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Johnny Utah

BigKing, I really think Moulson is done with the Kings on the NHL level...that spot with surely go to Purcell or Moller.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:01 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Smyth (6.25) - Kopi (6.8) - Williams (3.5)
Frolov (2.9) - Stoll (3.6) - Brown (3.175)
Purcell (1) - Handzus (4) - Simmonds (.822)
Ivanans (.6) - Lewis (.855) - Zeiler (.543)

extras
Richardson (.587)
Clune (.625)

Doughty (3.475) - Scuderi (3.4)
Greene (2.95) - OD (1.25)
Johnson (2.5) - Hickey (1.345)

extra

Harrold (.583)

Quick (.77)
Ersberg (.75)

Buyouts: $1.7M

Cap Hit: $53.98M
I agree with almost everything here, but this is my lineup

Frolov (2.9) - Kopitar (6.8) - Williams (3.5)
Smyth (6.35) - Stoll (3.6) - Brown (3.175)
Richardson (.578) - Handzus (4) - Simmonds (.822)
Clune (.625) - Lewis (.855) - Purcell (.885)

Extras: Zeiler (.543)
Ivanans (.6)

Doughty (3.475) - Johnson (2.75)
Scuderi (3.4) - Greene (2.95)
O'Donnell (1.25) - Hickey (1.345)

Extra: Harrold (.583)

Quick (.77)
Ersberg (.75)

Smyth playing on the second line with his ex teammate Stoll, and keep Frolov with Kopitar. Smyth will fit perfectly on a line with Stoll and Brown..

Edit: Btw, if DL doesn't think Lewis can carry the 4th line center position, Blair Betts is a UFA who's a perfect 4th line center, good PK and wins faceoffs.. Just a thought

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
base on his performance i would do a Schenn experiment
The reason for that is we have now vets to mentor him and we should take this in our advantage instead leave him play against non competition in the juniors....
Just a try to coppy the Zetterberg, Datsyuk case when they where put between dominant players to mentor them as young guns.

Frolov - Kopitar - Brown
Smyth - Schenn - Williams
Moller - Stoll - Purcell
Richardson - Handzus - Simmonds

Greene - Johnson
Scuderi - Doughty
O Donnell - Hickey

like is said it is a perfect time for a tryout of new ways.
I would like to see the young boys like Schenn, Moller,Hickey and Lewis developed instead of playing against Kids.
In my Eyes that would increase the speed of building out skills and character. And that is so important in that short time before the player hit the UFA market age.

We should show patience and if anything is going wrong we can switch back before we hit the 10 games mark and send Schenn back to juniors

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:20 PM
LeanSixSigma

Frolov - Kopitar - Brown
Smyth - Stoll - Williams
Purcell - Handzus - Simmonds
Ivanans - Lewis - Richardson

Doughty - Greene
Johnson - Scuderi
Hickey - O'Donnell
Harrold/Drewiske

Quick
Ersberg

I would say this is the last go around for Purcell, If he doesn't stick this time, I would expect a trade. I would imagine Moeller in Manchester but is called up when/if Purcell struggles. Scuderi would be a good fit to help the progression of JJ and OD similar to Hickey. I would say this might be the last go around for Richardson as well, as I am not sure how he fits on this team. The possible subs for him would either Clune/Westgarth.

LeanSixSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Johnny Utah

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Brown-Stoll
Purcell-Handzus-Simmonds
Ivanans/Westgarth-Lewis-Clune/Zeiler/Harrold

Remember on Dancing Boy's blog a few weeks back he said Hextall said Richardson was not a good fit and they were going to try and trade him.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:36 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Purcell's got his own demons Johnny

I can't see him being good on the 3rd line...much too soft. I do like him on the powerplay but I don't see him being good in the bottom six.

He does have more upside than Moulson but Moulson plays a better NHL game. I'm not saying pencil Moulson in but, when I look at the roster as of right now, I'd put him in.

Moller will be in Manchester I'm pretty certain. Same with Purcell. Purcell or Moller get the call when a winger in the Top 6 gets injured.

Old
07-04-2009, 02:38 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Purcell's got his own demons Johnny

I can't see him being good on the 3rd line...much too soft. I do like him on the powerplay but I don't see him being good in the bottom six.

He does have more upside than Moulson but Moulson plays a better NHL game. I'm not saying pencil Moulson in but, when I look at the roster as of right now, I'd put him in.

Moller will be in Manchester I'm pretty certain. Same with Purcell. Purcell or Moller get the call when a winger in the Top 6 gets injured.
Isn't Moulson a UFA IV? Can he get a QO?

I don't think he's a King anymore... but I could be wrong.

Ron, this would be a good time to swoop in with some CBA wisdom.

Old
07-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Omni Owl
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Purcell-Handzus-Simmonds
Clune-Lewis-Harrold

Scuderi-Doughty
Johnson-Greene
O'Donnell-Voinov/Hickey/Drewiskie

Quick
Ersberg

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Isn't Moulson a UFA IV? Can he get a QO?

I don't think he's a King anymore... but I could be wrong.

Ron, this would be a good time to swoop in with some CBA wisdom.
Well that would be good to know!

Thought he was RFA again and everyone was extended except for Taylor and Dravecky.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Gauthier signed, even if it's just for Manchester.

I'd like Moen but he isn't as good as he's being made out here on the Kings board. His play has dipped since the Cup run and was a non-factor for SJ in the 1st round. They should not break any bank, piggy included, for him but a reasonable price for 2 years would be ideal. He'll want longer terms I'm sure though and Burke will probably give it to him.

Old
07-04-2009, 02:47 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Well that would be good to know!

Thought he was RFA again and everyone was extended except for Taylor and Dravecky.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Gauthier signed, even if it's just for Manchester.

I'd like Moen but he isn't as good as he's being made out here on the Kings board. His play has dipped since the Cup run and was a non-factor for SJ in the 1st round. They should not break any bank, piggy included, for him but a reasonable price for 2 years would be ideal. He'll want longer terms I'm sure though and Burke will probably give it to him.
Moen would be fine. I think there are better trade options for that 3rd line LW spot.

I kind of want Armstrong to get resigned now also. My wet dreams for 3rd line LW are

Chimera
Paille
Eager

Old
07-04-2009, 03:02 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Moen would be fine. I think there are better trade options for that 3rd line LW spot.

I kind of want Armstrong to get resigned now also. My wet dreams for 3rd line LW are

Chimera
Paille
Eager
I'd love to poach Eager but I don't see him leaving Chicago.

He is RFA, no?
He probably wouldn't demand much of a salary so I don't know how much it would Help Chicago to trade him.

How about this:

CHI: Ivanans, 3rd
LA: Eager

Thinking behind this is that Chicago would be losing toughness in Eager and they already let Matt Walker leave so they have absolutely nobody to handle business and protect their stars. Ivanans only has one year left on his contract that is cheap to begin with. This allows Chicago to save cap space both this year and next while filling a void in the toughness department.

Westgarth steps into Ivanans' role with his shiny new 3-year contract.

Sure it's not fair player-wise but the 3rd helps balance that out. Chicago is up against it and really...do you want to lose Barker/Brouwer/Versteeg or a guy you got for Jim Vandermeer?

I would love the toughness and grit of this team if they could nab Eager. Every line, save for the first, would hit and hit a lot. EVen Williams isn't a wuss on the 1st line and Frolov wears down the defense through the cycle as opposed to hitting.

Eager even fits in with the age group and everything.

Old
07-04-2009, 03:07 PM
grncobra76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Smyth playing on the second line with his ex teammate Stoll, and keep Frolov with Kopitar. Smyth will fit perfectly on a line with Stoll and Brown..

Edit: Btw, if DL doesn't think Lewis can carry the 4th line center position, Blair Betts is a UFA who's a perfect 4th line center, good PK and wins faceoffs.. Just a thought
This.

grncobra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:24 PM
ukyo

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Purcell/Moulson/Moller-Handzus-Simmonds
Ivanans-Lewis/Richardson-Zeiler/Westgarth

Like a couple other posters mentioned already, I'd put Smyth on a line with Stoll and Brown. That's a no-brainer given the history Smyth has with Stoll and the chemistry Stoll had with Brown last season. It also leaves the top line we had at the end of last season intact.

I'd let Moller, Moulson, and Purcell battle it out for that 3rd line spot. I would expect that Moller will get sent to Manchester unless he adds another 20 lbs of muscle over the offseason.

Not sure how I feel about Ivanans and Westgarth on the same line. Ivanans doesn't have as good of an all-around game as Westgarth, but he's a natural left wing. We'll see how that goes. Also I'm not sure about letting Lewis take the 4th line center role straight out of camp. I'd give Richardson another shot at it.

Doughty-Greene
Johnson-Scuderi
O'Donnell-Drewiske/Hickey/Voynov/whoever makes it out of camp
Harrold

Johnson and Doughty together at even strength was a disaster last season, so I wouldn't pair them together, at least not to start. Also, if we put them together we really have no offensive balance.

Having read that Scuderi is horrible with the puck on his stick, I had originally thought that pairing Scuderi with Doughty was pretty much a necessity. However, he was paired with Gill and Orpik last season with some success, and those guys aren't exactly the most fleet of foot or steady with the puck. This gives me a little more confidence with pairing Scuderi with Johnson (which is what I would have preferred). Johnson still gets a mentor and a safety net. This also allows O'Donnell to take 3rd pairing minutes and mentor whoever makes it out of camp.

The power play is going to be a problem, because we don't have a true quarterback (unless you count a 2nd-year player in Doughty). If I'm Lombardi, I'd sign another veteran defenseman like Zubov or Schneider that can take bottom pairing minutes but a lot of time on the PP. Plus, I get my wish of having a veteran offensive defenseman mentor Doughty, Johnson, Hickey, and Voynov.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:29 PM
boki23

ok i'll play this game
assuming that we singn JJ 2m/y and Purcell 1m/y we have
Smyth- Kopi- Brawn =16,225 M
Frolov- Stoll- Williams =10 M
Lewis- Handzus- Simmonds =5,675 M
Westgarth- Moller- Purcell =2,575 M
Ivanans- Zeiler =1,144 M

Doughty- Scuderi =6,875 M
JJ - Green =4,950 M
O'D -Harrold =1,834 M
Drewiske =0,525 M

Quick- Ersberg = 1,320 M

Buyout =1,700 M

That's total of 52,823 M

Is this the team which can reach the playoff ? YES ,but can they win the cup? I don't think so !
If we want to go deep in the playoffs we need better combo at C /i think Stoll or Zus can't play 1a/1b
What can DL do ?
The only thing I see that wuold work is a trade for that C with 1 year left on his deal,but I found onley 2 of them Marleau/SJS and Savard/BOS
San Jose and Boston have cap problems and DL could try to do something,but they would have to take Stoll+ or Handzus+ off our hands I think one of them will be gone one way or another if we want to keep Frolov so why not trade one for a rental player like Savard or Marleau?
Speculation: Stoll,Purcell,2nd 2010 for Marleau
lines: Smyth-Kopi-Brown
Fro-Marleau-Williams
Lewis-Handzus-Simmonds
Westy-Moller-Richardson
Ivanans.Zeiler

Doughty-Scuderi
JJ-Green
O'D-Harrold
Drewiske

Quick-Ersberg

cap hit : 54,523 M
That roster can battle with every team in the leauge !
Anyway that's the way I see it ! Cheers

boki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:34 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Smyth plays with Stoll, they all ready have some chemistry when they were in Edmonton. Kopi and Fro for a season together should really elevate each other's game. Moller should be in MAnchester for the year and Moulson should be traded.

Fro Kopi Williams
Smyth Stoll Brown
Purcell Zues Simmonds
Ivan Lewis RIchards

Doughty Green
Scudari JJ
OD Rookie

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Mike The Franchise