HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great opportunity for A.Kost

Old
07-04-2009, 12:14 PM
DiXEN8

vCash: 500
Great opportunity for A.Kost

Alot of people already identify our first line as Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta but I think it would be much better to mix our top 2 lines.

A.Kost - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - S.Kost/Pacioretty/D'Agostini

Cammalleri could probably bring back the o7'-o8' plekanec with his scoring touch.

What you guys think?

DiXEN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Maxpac

Reading that was dissapointing.

A.Kost does have a golden opportunity, to play RW and be the playmaker and puck mover on his line ala Kovalev like he has the potential to be, he's not the prototype finisher, we have Maxpac and Latendresse for that. Andrei needs to be able to move the puck with his stick facing the middle of the ice to have the most options possible.

Cammalleri-Gome-Gionta is set in stone imo.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:28 PM
King Of The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

A.Kost does have a golden opportunity, to play RW and be the playmaker and puck mover on his line ala Kovalev like he has the potential to be, he's not the prototype finisher, we have Maxpac and Latendresse for that. Andrei needs to be able to move the puck with his stick facing the middle of the ice to have the most options possible.

^^ IMO to be quite honest....With Martin as our head coach ... that's not going to be set in stone....sure they might be a sure fire bet on our 1st PP...but i don't see him putting the 3 smurfs together right away....ya maybe if we go through some dark times in the season he'll put them together to get a jump out of the team. But right out of the stables? I highly doubt it ... look for Martin to mix them up a bit

King Of The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Pascal

the "3 smurfs" fit so well together I doubt they won't go with them as a line to begin with. You need Cam on the first line, he's your 6M/yr sniper. Akost will have to do with Plek and Pac imo.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:40 PM
PK76

Quote:

co-sign...I want to see him on the right wing.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
"Set in stone" and yet we're not even in training camp. It's probably the first logical choice to try, and I don't think anybody wants to see Carbo-level line juggling, but but there are other options if one line's not clicking right away. Camma also plays centre, and if Pleks is not getting the job done, we might see him as 3rd or even 4th line centre for parts of the season.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Kafka

Gionta was brought to play with Gomez, but I feel our three new players should be separated on two lines. A.Kostitsyn should now be moved on the right side (and I expect our new coach to lead him the way like he did for Hossa and to finally put him on the right side). That means that Gionta should either play LW (like he did when in the NCAA) or RW with Plekanec. Take into considaration also that Cammalleri as been playing as a LW recently.

We could discuss about this several times, but I expect a lot of combinations to be tried over the season. Last year, the Patioretti-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn line was increadible, and you could tell how good was Plekanec when he was playing with players who could skate.

Option 1
Cammalleri(L)-Gomez(L)-Gionta(R)
Patiorrety(L)-Plekanec(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Latendresse(L)

Option 2
Gionta(R)-Gomez(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)
Patiorrety(L)-Plekanec(L)-Cammalleri(L)

Option 3
Cammalleri(L)-Plekanec(L)-Latendresse(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Patiorrety(L)

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:51 PM
King Of The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
the "3 smurfs" fit so well together I doubt they won't go with them as a line to begin with. You need Cam on the first line, he's your 6M/yr sniper. Akost will have to do with Plek and Pac imo.
Your telling me, Gainey just did a whole new face-about for the team for nothing? Cause from what your saying, basically the 3 forwards he just signed Gomez, Cam & Gionta are going to stay together in 1 line....and the rest of our team is pretty much going to be what we had last year? How stupid is that! Our team wont even change at all. We're going to have all the same players as last year, playing pretty much on the same lines they did, with the same roles. The only difference our first line? Haha....ya that's not going to happen.....you think Gainey did all this, just to have 1 line and 1 set of top 3 forwards? Hell no....look for him and more importantly Martin to mesh them up a bit so we have a REMOTE chance of having a good top 6 and 2 'GOOD' lines, as opposed to just 1 'SUPER' line

Old
07-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

If he plays on the 2nd line with Pleks,he his the go to guy(goal scorer),I hope he starts taking that wrist shot more often

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Robiyardov
Irkutsk, Irkutskaya

No further changes

If there are no further changes to the forwards, here is what I think it's going to look like.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta: They can all fly. The big body presence on the left side would be a good addition since he can skate with them.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn: Again, pretty fast. Capable scorers on both wings, but they are also good passers. If Plekanec can step it up, great. If not, we're in trouble.

Robiyardov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Camms needs a skilled passer, that's why the top line will be what it will be.

Unless Martin feels otherwise.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:08 PM
King Of The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Camms needs a skilled passer, that's why the top line will be what it will be.

Unless Martin feels otherwise.
^^ IMO i don't think he will, maybe when we go through dry spells in the season and need scoring, etc, however that being said, they'll definitely be our #1 PP....but I don't think Gainey will gamble putting all his eggs in one basket, and by that I mean having one line worth almost 20 Mil a season together, and the first day they don't perform up to par: BOOM! Media goes crazy....you guys know how it is here....which makes Gainey pretty much f***e

Old
07-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Gionta was brought to play with Gomez, but I feel our three new players should be separated on two lines. A.Kostitsyn should now be moved on the right side (and I expect our new coach to lead him the way like he did for Hossa and to finally put him on the right side). That means that Gionta should either play LW (like he did when in the NCAA) or RW with Plekanec. Take into considaration also that Cammalleri as been playing as a LW recently.

We could discuss about this several times, but I expect a lot of combinations to be tried over the season. Last year, the Patioretti-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn line was increadible, and you could tell how good was Plekanec when he was playing with players who could skate.

Option 1
Cammalleri(L)-Gomez(L)-Gionta(R)
Patiorrety(L)-Plekanec(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)

Option 2
Patiorrety(L)-Plekanec(L)-Cammalleri(L)

Option 3
Cammalleri(L)-Plekanec(L)-Latendresse(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Patiorrety(L)

What about something like this?

A.Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-S.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Latendresse

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robiyardov View Post
If there are no further changes to the forwards, here is what I think it's going to look like.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta: They can all fly. The big body presence on the left side would be a good addition since he can skate with them.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn: Again, pretty fast. Capable scorers on both wings, but they are also good passers. If Plekanec can step it up, great. If not, we're in trouble.
Those are my ideal top 2 lines, but only if Pacioretty is ready for top line duty. Hope he as a great camp and is ready to explode this year as a 20 goal scorer at least. That + is physical presence is all I need. I really see these lines together at the end of the season and playoffs, but I'm just not sure for the beginning of the season. It all depends on Max Pac.

Also, everyone of these 6 guys are at their natural positions with this lineup.

Add Latendresse-Lapierre-S. Kost/Dagostini and we are set.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:53 PM
lou4gehrig

I think Camm-Gomez are set in stone. I don't think Gomez-Gionta is a certianty, despite their familiarity with each other.

I think Camm-Gomez-A Kost could be terrifying. Gionta is a volume scorer shooting around 8% the last few years. A Kost is good finisher at around 13.5%.

I expect Lats, MaxPac, S Kost, A Kost, Gionta to be interchangeable on the top 3 lines depending on chemistry, who's on fire, etc. This is a good problem to have really.

Camm-Gomez-A Kost
MaxPac-Plek-Gionta
S-Kost-Laps-Lats

Each line has a bigger player in A Kost, MaxPac, Lats. This will help balance things out.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

How about transforming Andrei into a center. Then sign Lang for cheap. Two good sized centers.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The World View Post
Your telling me, Gainey just did a whole new face-about for the team for nothing? Cause from what your saying, basically the 3 forwards he just signed Gomez, Cam & Gionta are going to stay together in 1 line....and the rest of our team is pretty much going to be what we had last year? How stupid is that! Our team wont even change at all.
what? so getting a new and better 1st line was for nothing? he didn't change anything? i don't understand your logic sir.

He also changed the coach and added 2 guys with size in the backend. I don't know what is change if those things aren't...

Old
07-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Pascal

Quote:
^^ IMO i don't think he will, maybe when we go through dry spells in the season and need scoring, etc, however that being said, they'll definitely be our #1 PP....but I don't think Gainey will gamble putting all his eggs in one basket, and by that I mean having one line worth almost 20 Mil a season together, and the first day they don't perform up to par: BOOM! Media goes crazy....you guys know how it is here....which makes Gainey pretty much f***e
So we make lines depending on how much money they make now? And it's not Gainey's call who plays with who.

Old
07-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
I think Camm-Gomez are set in stone. I don't think Gomez-Gionta is a certianty, despite their familiarity with each other.

I think Camm-Gomez-A Kost could be terrifying. Gionta is a volume scorer shooting around 8% the last few years. A Kost is good finisher at around 13.5%.

I expect Lats, MaxPac, S Kost, A Kost, Gionta to be interchangeable on the top 3 lines depending on chemistry, who's on fire, etc. This is a good problem to have really.

Camm-Gomez-A Kost
MaxPac-Plek-Gionta
S-Kost-Laps-Lats

Each line has a bigger player in A Kost, MaxPac, Lats. This will help balance things out.
Not A. Kost and Gionta. They are top 2 lines players and will never be on the 3rd line. We didn't get Gionta at 5M to play on the 3rd line. Not sure he would appreciate it either. Imagine is reaction, I signed up for 5 years of this?

I agree for the other guys, but Max Pac is the starting favorite to end up there at one point. Latender and Lapierre have a nice chemistry that I don't want to disrupt. For me, Max Pac, S. Kost and Dagostini are the floaters who will play on a line based on their performances.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:21 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiXEN8 View Post
What you guys think?
I think you can put Lats in that "floating" slot somewhere to provide more hitting. And he's really a better winger 5-on-5 than all the other options listed there. Of course this entails separating him from Lapierre and people think they're joined at the hip, but I really want to see Latendresse be given a top-six role because his even-strength performance has been quite astonishing since pretty much when he's entered the league. I've liked some of the AKost-Lats chemistry I've seen at the times they've played together.

Cammy-Gomez-Gionta
Lats-Pleky-AKost
MaxPac-Lappy-SKost

Or if you want to play the brothers together around Pleks (it worked in the playoffs), Max-Pac/Lappy/Lats makes for an intriguing third line with lots of hitting, some serious scoring upside, and suprising promise defensively.

Last edited by MathMan: 07-04-2009 at 03:26 PM.
MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:28 PM
CGG

Quote:
Your telling me, Gainey just did a whole new face-about for the team for nothing? Cause from what your saying, basically the 3 forwards he just signed Gomez, Cam & Gionta are going to stay together in 1 line....and the rest of our team is pretty much going to be what we had last year? How stupid is that! Our team wont even change at all. We're going to have all the same players as last year, playing pretty much on the same lines they did, with the same roles. The only difference our first line? Haha....ya that's not going to happen.....you think Gainey did all this, just to have 1 line and 1 set of top 3 forwards? Hell no....look for him and more importantly Martin to mesh them up a bit so we have a REMOTE chance of having a good top 6 and 2 'GOOD' lines, as opposed to just 1 'SUPER' line
Look at the end of last year for your clue. The team started playing a whole lot better when they loaded up one line (Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev). New coach, but I'd be shocked if we didn't get a steady dose of Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta.

That keeps the top checkers and top defensemen away from Pleks, and lets AKost really be the key guy on his line. I think the 2nd line LW spot is wide open (S Kost, Lats, MaxPac) but they should be able to contribute significant offense as well.

The plan wasn't just to bring in a new first line. They're also counting on a lot of the young guys to have much better seasons than before.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:28 PM
m00ks

I think Cammalleri might equally fall in love with Markov with that cross-ice pass. Still, you've spent top end money for, what I'm hoping to be, a top end line. I reckon they'll all be linemates but that's not to say Martin won't spice it up. Either way, Pleks better be ****ing ready...The season lies as much on him and Akost as to the chemistry on the 1st line.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:33 PM
MathMan

Hmmm... Let me throw something out just for fun.

Latendresse-Gomez-Gionta
SKost-Cammy-AKost
MaxPac-Pleky-d'Agostini
Stewart-Lapierre-Laraque

Swap MaxPac and Lats if you're worried Lats can't keep up with Gomez and Gionta.

This is the three-scoring-lines approach. Very different animal from the other lineups, but I think it could work.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:38 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

The Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta line needs to be put together. Gomez and Gionta obviously have chemistry and we need our best playmaker with our best sniper in Cammalleri.

Plekanec and Kostitsyn will need to anchor the second line and I like the idea of having some competition for the third spot on that line. We have Sergei, D'Agostini, Pacioretty and Latendresse (who I prefer play with Lapierre) having chances to be on a top 2 scoring line which will hopefully have each of these guys coming to camp hungry for that spot.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiXEN8 View Post
Alot of people already identify our first line as Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta but I think it would be much better to mix our top 2 lines.

A.Kost - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - S.Kost/Pacioretty/D'Agostini

Cammalleri could probably bring back the o7'-o8' plekanec with his scoring touch.

What you guys think?
Lines are changed all the time, but I see all the new guys playing together to form a needed impact line. A.kost will get his chances with PP2 time and good ice time on the secondi line.

I personally don't see Plekanec being here on opening night. Just a hunch that Andrei will have someone else dishing it to him.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote