HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We are FAST

Old
07-04-2009, 10:13 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleaffan View Post
Your best d-man last year is now a pylon in toronto, funny how that works. we have become a hell of alot tougher team to play against. It will show all next year as we knock around small teams, like yours i can not wait for the season to start
Komisarek was our best defenseman last year?

Where do you get your information? Pierre McGuire?

Komisarek was probably our 4th best defenseman last year. Markov was easily #1, Josh Gorges was probably our #2 for most of the season because he was consistently solid, I think despite a down year Hamrlik *still* played a better season last year than Komisarek, especially after Lucic HAMMERED him.

Even in 2007-2008 when all our guys we're rolling, Komisarek was our #3 behind Markov & Hamrlik.

I like Komisarek, I would have liked to have kept him. I think he fits our defensive corps a bit better then yours, because you guys have too many guys like him already.

I fail to see how adding Komisarek makes the Leafs such an improved team, considering you let go of Kubina who is a whole lot better then Komisarek defensively and offensively, and was only getting .5M a year more.

Size is effective, but only if you have skill to put pucks in the net to offset it. The Ducks had success with size, but did you care to gander at their top 6 forwards? Some we're big, but most of all, they we're skilled. Who is your top guy, Grabovski? Not good enough.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Your best d-man last year is now a pylon in toronto, funny how that works. we have become a hell of alot tougher team to play against. It will show all next year as we knock around small teams, like yours i can not wait for the season to start
Komisarek got "exposed" last season for what he truely is.....a big guy who thought he was tough. After Lucic completely dominated him in a fight and put Komi out of action for about 6 weeks - Komi continued to 'block shots" effectively - but would't go into the corners or hit anybody.

No need to overpay a "shot blocker"!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Pylon is right

The guy had by far (and not even close) the most turnovers in the league last year. Thank God Markov was there to save is ass. I like Komi for what he brings: leadership, toughness and block shots, but the guy as 0 offense, can't shoot and takes half an hour to windup to take a shot and is a pylon that gets often beaten outside by guys like Cammalleri, Gomez and Gionta

People say we overpaid our players, but your overpayment for Komi is as bad.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:01 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Like I said, we're so small, it would be insane to put all of our big and physical players on the same line. Gomez, Gionta, Cammer and Andrei K. need someone to do their dirty work. IMO that will be Pacioretty and Latendresse.
A Kost is around 210lbs and S Kost is around 205. Bigger than you think. But I agree with need to have the smaller players spread out on multiple lines.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Man Gionta is really fast

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlp=8467407&fr=false

Look at the 2005-2006 season. Looks like at the beginning, Gionta was playing with Kozlov and others but then half way through, he's united with Gomez and either Elias and Brylin. Some really fantastic goals and its always assisted by Gomez.

He's so small but so awesome, I think he's going to become a huge fan favourite soon.
I'm working back from the most recent goals he scored, not back to the 05-06 season yet. However, if he scored a better goal in that time than the one he got on 22nd March in 2008, I'll be amazed. I remember seeing that goal but had forgotten it was him who scored it. Being able to tap a puck out of the air in close to the net in a game is impressive and players often get complimented on their hand eye co-ordination for such goals, but that was utterly insanely good. The speed he was going, the fact he really had to stretch to get it, being that far out, going top shelf, shorthanded - just a phenominal finish. Everyone loves an awesome Ovechkin goal or a sick Datsyuk deke, but unless I've missed it, that goal doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

Nice to see how he scores so many around the net, hopefully some of our other players pick up on that. He seems to get a couple lying down as well, although not as many as Cammy gets from one or both knees. Maybe we should place bets on when he will first do that with the Habs

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:51 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Komisarek got "exposed" last season for what he truely is.....a big guy who thought he was tough. After Lucic completely dominated him in a fight and put Komi out of action for about 6 weeks - Komi continued to 'block shots" effectively - but would't go into the corners or hit anybody.

No need to overpay a "shot blocker"!

He came back early with a bad shoulder. I thought he really put his body on the line for us last year. But I agree, he's replaceable and overpaid AND we could upgrade our blueline offense with Spacek. We'll see...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:15 PM
RhyZa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Komi View Post

People say we overpaid our players, but your overpayment for Komi is as bad.
Not even close, ranks relatively as one of the lower contracts handed out this off season... Captain Komi.

RhyZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:47 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyZa View Post
Not even close, ranks relatively as one of the lower contracts handed out this off season... Captain Komi.
Maybe in terms of dollar value, but in terms for bang for your buck, you guys got taken by Komisarek's agent. Thus further proving Gainey is a smarter man then Burke, once again.

I'd rather overpay a guy like Gomez who will actually contribute to our offense then Komisarek, who's never accomplished anything and looks like crap when partnered with anyone other than Andrei Markov.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Subban76

Quote:
In your dreams. Spacek is better and paid less

Scuderi is better and paid less

Ohlund is better and paid less

Komi is a turnover machine. First last year by far for turnovers in the league. A pretty good pylon also. The worst D signing so far. Congrats!

Gionta at 5 >> Komi at 4.5
Cammalleri at 6 >> komi at 4.5
Spacek at 3.8 >> Komi at 4.5
Havlat at 5 >> Komi at 4.5

Only Gaborik is worst so far. At least he as talent.

Komi brings leadership, hard work, toughness and block shots but as 0 offense, 0 hockey instincts and bad in his zone. That is not worth 4.5.

BTW, Kubina way over >>> Komi and for only a 500k difference Great move

Old
07-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
lol ah but u dont get it... komi is worth 3 mill MAX, so good luck with that

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Komi View Post
In your dreams. Spacek is better and paid less

Scuderi is better and paid less

Ohlund is better and paid less

Komi is a turnover machine. First last year by far for turnovers in the league. A pretty good pylon also. The worst D signing so far. Congrats!

Gionta at 5 >> Komi at 4.5
Cammalleri at 6 >> komi at 4.5
Spacek at 3.8 >> Komi at 4.5
Havlat at 5 >> Komi at 4.5

Only Gaborik is worst so far. At least he as talent.

Komi brings leadership, hard work, toughness and block shots but as 0 offense, 0 hockey instincts and bad in his zone. That is not worth 4.5.

BTW, Kubina way over >>> Komi and for only a 500k difference Great move
bro! THE ICINGSSS , how can u forget the icings!! DEAR GOD, i wanted to STRANGLE him the last 2 years!! he just THROWS IT away first chance he gets!! and if it DIDNT get iced, it would get intercepted and result in a god damn turnover!! blaaargh i am not gonna miss him

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
bro! THE ICINGSSS , how can u forget the icings!! DEAR GOD, i wanted to STRANGLE him the last 2 years!! he just THROWS IT away first chance he gets!! and if it DIDNT get iced, it would get intercepted and result in a god damn turnover!! blaaargh i am not gonna miss him
lol That's so true!!!

I will only miss is toughness, nothing else.

For everything this team did for him and the fact that Markov made the player he is (a way overarted one!) and then signs in TO. He can go fu*k him self. I need to change my stupid username.