HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-columbus

Old
07-04-2009, 07:45 PM
bobbyz04

vCash: 500
Boston-columbus

To Columbus- , Bergeron, Ferrance
To Boston- Vermette, Jan Hejda

Clears about 1.35 mil in cap space for the Bruins to sign Kessel.

bobbyz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 08:34 PM
LordLucic*

Ference and Hejda cancel each other our so Bergeron for Vermette??

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 08:44 PM
bobbyz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post

Hejda plus 23(next best BJ plus 12) Ference plus 7 Bruins 116 points Columbus 92 points

I will take Hejda over Ference anyday. That isnt the point the point is Kessel. Do you want to sign him or not.

Old
07-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

Ference and Hejda don't even slightly "cancel eachother out". You might as well claim that Tomas Kaberle and Ron Hainsey cancel eachother out as they're both offensive defensemen.

We're not really a "spare cap space" team either - not unless we want to be seen next year the way Chicago is now.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 09:18 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz04 View Post
Hejda plus 23(next best BJ plus 12) Ference plus 7 Bruins 116 points Columbus 92 points

I will take Hejda over Ference anyday. That isnt the point the point is Kessel. Do you want to sign him or not.
Plus minus is a useless stat.

I want to sign Kessel but there is no reason to trade our 23 year old best faceoff man, defensive forward and best all-around player to do it. And we don't need to do it either until Kessel gets an offer sheet (if he even does).

Old
07-04-2009, 09:18 PM
tmac1919

Hejda>Ference

tmac1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 09:20 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Ference and Hejda don't even slightly "cancel eachother out". You might as well claim that Tomas Kaberle and Ron Hainsey cancel eachother out as they're both offensive defensemen.

We're not really a "spare cap space" team either - not unless we want to be seen next year the way Chicago is now.
No it isn't. I have watched both play and it is my opinion. When healthy Ference is VERY good both offensively and defensively. Once again, it is my opinion and either way even if Hejda is better than Ference it doesn't make up the difference for Vermette and Bergeron.

So, looks like we both go no go and I am perfectly happy with that.

Old
07-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Frankie Spankie

Why are you so quick to move Bergeron? You're not going to get much back because his contract isn't worth it at this point. I say hold onto Bergeron until it's up and he'll take a big discount for Boston's patience whether he returns to form or not.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 09:32 PM
bobbyz04

Quote:
Plus minus is a useless stat.

I want to sign Kessel but there is no reason to trade our 23 year old best faceoff man, defensive forward and best all-around player to do it. And we don't need to do it either until Kessel gets an offer sheet (if he even does).
He was a -28 the year before he got hurt.He had a terrible year. I dont understand the love affair. Our third line center is making 4.75 mil.

Old
07-04-2009, 09:36 PM
bobbyz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejci46 View Post
Why are you so quick to move Bergeron? You're not going to get much back because his contract isn't worth it at this point. I say hold onto Bergeron until it's up and he'll take a big discount for Boston's patience whether he returns to form or not.
Third line center 4.75 millon. I believe if he was made available one of the 29 GM's would take a chance on him. He has been one of my favourite players. That said ,we have Savard and Krecji.

Old
07-04-2009, 09:39 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Third line center 4.75 millon. I believe if he was made available one of the 29 GM's would take a chance on him. He has been one of my favourite players. That said ,we have Savard and Krecji.
You really must not watch the games right? You do know there is a reason Bergeron plays in EVERY single situation right? You know there is a reason he is matched up against the other teams top players, not Savard or Krejci? You do know why he is out there for every important faceoff? BECAUSE HE IS BETTER THAN SAVARD AND KREJCI IN EVERYTHING BUT OFFENSE AND WHO KNOW HE MAY REGAIN HIS OFFENSIVE TOUCH AND BECOME BETTER THAN THEM AGAIN.

Please just stop making these threads. You are really clueless about our players.

Old
07-04-2009, 10:12 PM
bobbyz04

Quote:
You really must not watch the games right? You do know there is a reason Bergeron plays in EVERY single situation right? You know there is a reason he is matched up against the other teams top players, not Savard or Krejci? You do know why he is out there for every important faceoff? BECAUSE HE IS BETTER THAN SAVARD AND KREJCI IN EVERYTHING BUT OFFENSE AND WHO KNOW HE MAY REGAIN HIS OFFENSIVE TOUCH AND BECOME BETTER THAN THEM AGAIN.

Please just stop making these threads. You are really clueless about our players.
He was a minus 28 the year before he got hurt. If you notice Vermette is coming the other way in my proposal. 57% faceoff man last season. Bergeron 54.5% I am not suggesting Vermette is a better player than Bergeron. I am suggesting I would rather have Kessel and Vermette than Bergeron. A lot of third line centers fill the role you claim Bergeron fills. Very few, I would suggest zero, eat up 4.75 mil of cap space. I own a Bergeron jersey. I wish there wasnt a salary cap. I also wish I wasnt a 1 year old the last time the Bruins won the cup.

Old
07-04-2009, 10:16 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
He was a minus 28 the year before he got hurt. If you notice Vermette is coming the other way in my proposal. 57% faceoff man last season. Bergeron 54.5% I am not suggesting Vermette is a better player than Bergeron. I am suggesting I would rather have Kessel and Vermette than Bergeron. A lot of third line centers fill the role you claim Bergeron fills. Very few, I would suggest zero, eat up 4.75 mil of cap space. I own a Bergeron jersey. I wish there wasnt a salary cap. I also wish I wasnt a 1 year old the last time the Bruins won the cup.
The same year Zdeno Chara was -21? Yeah, thought so.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
No it isn't. I have watched both play and it is my opinion. When healthy Ference is VERY good both offensively and defensively. Once again, it is my opinion and either way even if Hejda is better than Ference it doesn't make up the difference for Vermette and Bergeron.

So, looks like we both go no go and I am perfectly happy with that.
While I still think your assessment of our best defenseman is a little off still, your assessment of my opinion of this trade is indeed quite accurate.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:23 PM
bobbyz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
The same year Zdeno Chara was -21? Yeah, thought so.
This year, Bergeron plus 2 on a team that had the biggest goal differently in the whole league. You are over rating his value. Again ,I just want to keep Kessel.

Old
07-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Ok, so you can have Savard, Krejci, and Vermette down the middle and still be able to sign Kessel, but you would rather keep Bergeron and risk losing Kessel? Doesn't really make sense to me, you've still got a great trio of centers. Plus Vermette is better than Bergeron at faceoffs and is just as good if not better on defense.

Not saying this deal doesn't favor Columbus, it does, I'm just saying that downgrading from Bergeron to Vermette wouldn't be so bad if it meant you got to keep Kessel.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:16 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Ok, so you can have Savard, Krejci, and Vermette down the middle and still be able to sign Kessel, but you would rather keep Bergeron and risk losing Kessel? Doesn't really make sense to me, you've still got a great trio of centers. Plus Vermette is better than Bergeron at faceoffs and is just as good if not better on defense.

Not saying this deal doesn't favor Columbus, it does, I'm just saying that downgrading from Bergeron to Vermette wouldn't be so bad if it meant you got to keep Kessel.
This. Plus I also think that Hejda is better than Ference.

Deal definitely favors Columbus but Boston at least has to think about this one. Its very possible they would accept this.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:29 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
To Columbus- , Bergeron, Ferrance
To Boston- Vermette, Jan Hejda

Clears about 1.35 mil in cap space for the Bruins to sign Kessel.
I don't know enough about Hejda to really comment on the proposal. He is older than I would want. If the Bruins make a deal, they desperately need to get a younger defenseman into the system. Not necessarily 18 years old, but mid 20s at the oldest.

But ultimately you proposal is built around a desire to create cap space to sign Kessel. Yet honestly so far there is little reason to believe that is what the GM in Boston wants to do. he seems to view Kessel as a lower priority item, and not someone he want to build around

I would be really surprised if Chiarelly traded begeron to make cap space to sign Kessel. Now he might trade Bergeron because a good deal comes up that makes the team better, and a side affect might be cap space.

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 01:56 AM
GreaterGood

Send a message via Skype™ to GreaterGood
Columbus says no thanks.

GreaterGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 02:15 AM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaterGood View Post
Columbus says no thanks.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no go both ways sounds like for the most part.

MephistoIV is offline   Reply With Quote