HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers sign Ian Laperriere 3 years $1.167M per

Old
07-05-2009, 06:18 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The only football-crazy/insider that really knows stuff on WIP is Ray Didinger. Kind of the opposite of those other two guys really. Ray would like to talk about the Phillies and Flyers as much as he does the Eagles, there's just the whole...hall of fame football writer gig he's got going on, but he really knows what he's talking about when he talks about the Flyers.
I remeber Ray doing an interview on CSN and was talking about the spectrum and the Flyers and ****. Guys a great sports mind in general. The only thing those 2 have going is the tough guy philly accent and aura. I loved how Cataldi mispronounced Pronger, like he had no idea. WIP pisses me off as a whole.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 08:13 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Angelo is where he is because he has a big mouth and a lot of charisma. It's interesting Morganti is part of his crew because for a hockey "insider" the only thing he wants to talk about if basically what everyone else does.

Good hockey guys on there: Macnow, Didinger, Startare, Charry - and only Macnow even remotely pays attention to the rest of the league. When Startare called Matt Carle a "defensive defenseman" when we traded for him, I wanted to break a window (pretty sure he's another who reads up on the league by looking up spreadsheets on hockeydb.com)

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Angelo is where he is because he has a big mouth and a lot of charisma. It's interesting Morganti is part of his crew because for a hockey "insider" the only thing he wants to talk about if basically what everyone else does.

Good hockey guys on there: Macnow, Didinger, Startare, Charry - and only Macnow even remotely pays attention to the rest of the league. When Startare called Matt Carle a "defensive defenseman" when we traded for him, I wanted to break a window (pretty sure he's another who reads up on the league by looking up spreadsheets on hockeydb.com)
Morganti is a tool. I wish he would bring up hockey more and talk about it. He doesnt. I dont care for his analysis on PGL either. Seems like a Yes man to whatever the front office does. Its funny I see him a lot just walking around Medford in the morning sometimes like a zombie. Too cheap to go to wawa, getting coffee from Old Nelsons (blech)

I did meet Macnow once at a Flyers game hes pretty cool. WIP could cover hockey better tho. If I had a show i think last monday would have been all about the Pronger trade and how awesome/bad it was depending on a callers veiw. But its a great topic that noone really discussed unless you were on HFB. Thats one reason I tunred to message boards cuz I was tired of all the phillies and Eagles talk. I stumbled here off google then said "wow real hockey fans" and signed up. I just dont see how the Flyers dont get a bulk of the attention since they sell out every game even when they were the worst team in the league. I mean that tells me the city likes em enough to garner more than a half page article on the Pronger deal. Nooooo we need 3 days of coverage on WIP and a 10 page story on Donovan mcNabb stubbing his toe on his dresser and missing his lunch with the ****ing pope. lol

Old
07-05-2009, 08:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Yeah, I go through phases on WIP. Usually for football season I listen a lot more. Mainly for the same reasons people here get annoyed at me

The Flyers got people talking about hockey in summer though, which is so rare unless they make a huge move like trading for Pronger.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Yeah, I go through phases on WIP. Usually for football season I listen a lot more. Mainly for the same reasons people here get annoyed at me

The Flyers got people talking about hockey in summer though, which is so rare unless they make a huge move like trading for Pronger.
I could spend a good bit of time discussing the 2 signings on wednesday too. WIP is good for baseball and football. Since thats all they talk about.

Old
07-06-2009, 12:12 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Wait, WIP talks hockey

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 01:03 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I remeber Ray doing an interview on CSN and was talking about the spectrum and the Flyers and ****. Guys a great sports mind in general. The only thing those 2 have going is the tough guy philly accent and aura. I loved how Cataldi mispronounced Pronger, like he had no idea. WIP pisses me off as a whole.
how the **** do you mispronounce Pronger?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 01:09 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Charry knows hockey? I've always thought the opposite. He always sounds like he's repeating something he's already heard.

GCobb went to a few Flyers games last season so he could understand the game better and therefore talk to callers about hockey with atleast some intelligence.

Jolovitz and Myrtenus also know hockey very well.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
how the **** do you mispronounce Pronger?
he said Ponger. just showed his ignorance. Like he quickly read a headline in ther paper.