HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hodgson vs Kesler

Old
07-06-2009, 11:24 AM
LargusMeans

vCash: 500
Canuck fans would be silly to think they even had this talk in 3 years time. Hodgson will by then be the Canucks captain, leading the team on the PP, PK and all crucial late game situations. This guy is Vancouver's next big star.

Kesler is just a very good defense forward, not much else. Only in Vancouver can 2 guys like Kesler and Burrows be considered untouchables.

LargusMeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

I know the question is who would you rather keep, which implies a trade.. but this should be on the Canucks board or a Poll.

Keeps the sour patch kids away.

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargusMeans View Post
Canuck fans would be silly to think they even had this talk in 3 years time. Hodgson will by then be the Canucks captain, leading the team on the PP, PK and all crucial late game situations. This guy is Vancouver's next big star.

Kesler is just a very good defense forward, not much else. Only in Vancouver can 2 guys like Kesler and Burrows be considered untouchables.
a very good defensive forward that proved he can score at close to a ppg clip playing on the wing of a good playmaker ( same with Burrows ). I'm pretty sure any team would consider them untouchable for a combined 3.7 mil cap hit.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wayne Maki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
It was just a ballpark to make a point.

If you really want to nitpick...

First 49 games: 9 goals and 26 points
Prorated: 15 goals and 43 points

Final 33 games: 17 goals and 33 points
Prorated: 42 goals and 82 points

I think there was some overachieving going on in the final 30 games.
I don't think anyone would argue Kesler over achieved through the final 30 games. But I also think playing in a limited offensive role for the first 50 games hurt his production. I think another ~ 60 point season is pretty reasonable for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wayne Maki is offline   Reply With Quote